Con-yay Vs. Fitty Scents: Place Your Bets Now!

mizanation

who will win?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. who will win?

i think kanye and 50 are the two best people to put up against eachother cause they are both dramaqueens. although all the headlines they are making is only hyping this competition up even more and will probably only result in better sales for both of them. go rap!

True, they both might push platinum in the first week...

on a diff note, i wouldnt expect 50 to sell as much as kanye, since hs album really hasnt been promoted much (at least in comparison to kanye's)

I wonder how much an impact Kanye accepting the 106 & Park challenge had on how things will turn out...Maybe he shouldn't have cussed out Jimmy, then he might have had more cooperation from the label concerning promotion. He dug his own grave on that one. Would you help your employee if he just told you to shut the fuck up?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe 50 should blame his poor sales on not being shirtless on the cover art. dude went the sensitive thug route with the emo myspace shot. niggaz aint buyin that shit., they want the bulletproof breast implants.

to be fair though, kanyes cover art is on some other shit.

Technically, his sales aren't even poor. Alot of rappers/artists would love to do the numbers he did in one day over the course of a month, or even longer lol

True, they both might push platinum in the first week..

I wonder how much an impact Kanye accepting the 106 & Park challenge had on how things will turn out...Maybe he shouldn't have cussed out Jimmy, then he might have had more cooperation from the label concerning promotion. He dug his own grave on that one. Would you help your employee if he just told you to shut the fuck up?

In the interview that chcmer (spelling?!) posted, Kanye discussed his actions regarding people that tried to start beef with him. He was talking about some rapper that tried to call him gay, but then later tried to pay him for some beats. Kanye said something along the lines of holding back beats to someone is like god is holding out on a gift for him. I don't know if he's just seriously being what he believes or if he was attempting to show some amenability in hopes of being welcomed back wtih open arms.

is the tommy lee/kid rock beef not fulfilling enough?

George Bush doesn't care about them.

baskew, don't trip. SouljaBoytellem is gonna drop like mad.

In the interview that chcmer (spelling?!) posted, Kanye discussed his actions regarding people that tried to start beef with him. He was talking about some rapper that tried to call him gay, but then later tried to pay him for some beats. Kanye said something along the lines of holding back beats to someone is like god is holding out on a gift for him. I don't know if he's just seriously being what he believes or if he was attempting to show some amenability in hopes of being welcomed back wtih open arms.

How do you seriously not know? Look at his history of arrogance and whatnot. He believes the bolded to be true. You stated "being welcomed back with open arms," like Kanye's the one who started all of this shit lol. 50 Cent said in an interview that they weren't vibing in the studio when they were trying to make a song together, so a song didn't come to fruition. But Kanye's probably still willing to produce a song for him after this because he doesn't take the negativity that 50 Cent exudes seriously when concerning their little competition...but then again, I don't think 50 Cent will want a Kanye beat after this because he seems bitter about the whole situation.

How do you seriously not know? Look at his history of arrogance and whatnot. He believes the bolded to be true. You stated "being welcomed back with open arms," like Kanye's the one who started all of this shit lol. 50 Cent said in an interview that they weren't vibing in the studio when they were trying to make a song together, so a song didn't come to fruition. But Kanye's probably still willing to produce a song for him after this because he doesn't take the negativity that 50 Cent exudes seriously when concerning their little competition...but then again, I don't think 50 Cent will want a Kanye beat after this because he seems bitter about the whole situation.

Sorry lack of better term. But I really didn't think he was that arrogant, wow. That hurbis'll bite him in the ass one day. I do agree that they will never have a collaboration. Tho I would like to see Justin Timberlake on a Kanye Track, is that a whole other thing or is it just the JT = 50?

Sorry lack of better term. But I really didn't think he was that arrogant, wow. That hurbis'll bite him in the ass one day. I do agree that they will never have a collaboration. Tho I would like to see Justin Timberlake on a Kanye Track, is that a whole other thing or is it just the JT = 50?

Concerning the bolded- you mean, like the way 50's hubris did him? lol

I could see JT singing over some Kanye stuff.

i havnt heard the entire album, but ill say that the new single with robin thicke is pretty interesting. i love when 50 smooths it out for the ladies, even though he remians a disrespectful, degrading asshole. but at least hes trying! and i really liked i get money. i figure ill d/l his album in a little bit and if i like it ill pick it up whne it comes out on wax.

Thread is hilarity.

What up Miz???

Long time no speak.

Is the 50 album good?

And I don't need answers from people who hate him to start with, or are worried about whether or not rap is hip hop or some other college bullpuckey. Just curious if it has some cuts other than the few I've heard on the radio.

Easy.

theres some ok stuff, def not his best effort... I'd download, not buy.

Will only buy Kanye, of the two, just for the coverart (still haven't, because I don't want to contribute to first week sales cuz I'm a dick!).

maybe fiddy should do a proactiv ad like diddy and get that money

yoo u know my complexion be getting them hoodrats

So he can maintain his sexy.

Is the 50 album good?

It's ok...I'd say you need to mainly check for I'll Still Kill, Come & Go, Movin' On Up, Curtis 187, and Smile (It's actually an unreleased track that didn't make the album).

50kanyelolbl6.jpg

jay: im trying not to get mad at you because i think your just innocently naive.

but saying kanye has mroe substance that 50 is very shortsigheted. they just represent different mentalities. if a listener has good critical thinking skills, they can find equal substance in either.

example: 50s first big single for this record was i get money. this song is an absolute banger, and also is telling of the symptoms of the black nouveau rich. 50 is so arrogant and flamboyant and happy to be rich that he will shit on anyone who helped him get there in order to make another buck (the line about coke buying his mineral water) he also is so flagrant with his new found wealth that he will throw money at you if its convenient or makes him look good (the line following the coke line about having babies and cutting a cheque before its born). 50 is playing a character here and hes representing a significant portion of his demographic. theres alot of young black men who grew up with nothing and have come into some money and are wildin the fuck out because they want to rub it in peoples faces. 50 makes absolutely amazing records about that cultural phenomenon. he not only exposes the moral decay that it leads to, but he makes it fuckign hilarious. thats talent, no matter which way you slice it. even if he does glorify some bullshit, hes exposing the perils of excess, and i cant front on that.

kanyes first big single was cant tell me nothing. which is also about a black man getting his papes on and wildin out. but kanye approaches it from a more self aware angle. he wrestles with how he wants to behave and how hed like to behave. hes aware of that he runs his mouth and overspends, but obviously he thinks he deserves it, because hes rich now bitch. to say his track has any more substance than 50s is kinda messed up. its a different perspective aimed at a different group of consumers, buts its a very similar message overall. sure kanye made all falls down but he also made drunk and hot girls and drive slow. and sure 50 makes some frontin ass gangsta shit, but he also rhymed "50" with "bentley" and"uh" with "uhhhhh." how can you say he isnt lyrically deep?

jay: im trying not to get mad at you because i think your just innocently naive.

but saying kanye has mroe substance that 50 is very shortsigheted. they just represent different mentalities. if a listener has good critical thinking skills, they can find equal substance in either.

example: 50s first big single for this record was i get money. this song is an absolute banger, and also is telling of the symptoms of the black nouveau rich. 50 is so arrogant and flamboyant and happy to be rich that he will shit on anyone who helped him get there in order to make another buck (the line about coke buying his mineral water) he also is so flagrant with his new found wealth that he will throw money at you if its convenient or makes him look good (the line following the coke line about having babies and cutting a cheque before its born). 50 is playing a character here and hes representing a significant portion of his demographic. theres alot of young black men who grew up with nothing and have come into some money and are wildin the fuck out because they want to rub it in peoples faces. 50 makes absolutely amazing records about that cultural phenomenon. he not only exposes the moral decay that it leads to, but he makes it fuckign hilarious. thats talent, no matter which way you slice it. even if he does glorify some bullshit, hes exposing the perils of excess, and i cant front on that.

kanyes first big single was cant tell me nothing. which is also about a black man getting his papes on and wildin out. but kanye approaches it from a more self aware angle. he wrestles with how he wants to behave and how hed like to behave. hes aware of that he runs his mouth and overspends, but obviously he thinks he deserves it, because hes rich now bitch. to say his track has any more substance than 50s is kinda messed up. its a different perspective aimed at a different group of consumers, buts its a very similar message overall. sure kanye made all falls down but he also made drunk and hot girls and drive slow. and sure 50 makes some frontin ass gangsta shit, but he also rhymed "50" with "bentley" and"uh" with "uhhhhh." how can you say he isnt lyrically deep?

Okay well you definitely gave me some perspective there.. and now I completely agree that they have two different styles and I shouldn't have compared one from the other, and that that's how they are and brought up to be. But damn, how many times are you going to rub shit in people's faces, isn't fame and fortune already enough.? In the popular scene, it's the "Cool" thing to do but I don't see how you can live with yourself knowing that you are creating this giant monster of envy and want. Those dudes are so successful they don't even realize it. I dunno.. I hate getting into debates because nothing ever gets accomplished. It's usually about two dudes trying to win the argument (especially on forums).

Not Trying to get in the middle of any thing but...

Nesk: I agree with most of what you said but to me it doesn't seem like 50 is actually "playing a character". I mean he is to a certain extent because of his references to violence and what not that he wouldn't actually do, it just sells records. But as far as I Get Money being a look at the decay of society in monetary terms I don't think it's that deep. It really just boils down to he just wants money, no acting, no moral reflection, he just wants money and his thoughts when making that song didn't get much further than that.