Con-yay Vs. Fitty Scents: Place Your Bets Now!

mizanation

who will win?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. who will win?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the highlight of this hysteria was 106 & park yesterday. 50 got some good cheap shots in at kanye and jay, but he still conducted himself maturely (by 50 standards). and they both got to debut new videos, and jay capitilized on the opporitunity to promote himself a little more b coming out after ye performed big brother and explaining how brilliant and important it is for kanye to make songs about jay z's penis.

Kanye talking about the situation with MTV:

LwjXDPSEwi0

from billboard:

Billboard has learned that today's SoundScan Building Chart indicates first-day sales of 437,000 for West's "Graduation," 310,000 for 50 Cent's "Curtis" and 107,000 for Chesney's "Just Who I Am: Poets and Pirates." The Building Charts offer an indication of how races shape up each week for SoundScan's final charts, which post projected national sales each Wednesday morning, extrapolated from a panel of merchants that represents more than 90% of the U.S. music market.

430k? holy shit

Yeah, but for some reason I still don't think it'll help him.

He's bitter about the whole thing:

50 Cent also issued a warning to Def Jam, claiming he would release a new album every time the label had a big release.

"Hypothetically, if I came in under Kanye West, I would release a new album every time Def Jam had a priority. I would release a record versus every one of their top priorities," 50 Cent said.

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/09/12/18579728.aspx

First he was saying he'll retire, then said it was a joke, said he's gonna' come out with one album after Curtis then retire, now he's saying that he'll hold a grudge concerning release dates if he loses...

A growing number of people don't like his music/persona. Also, I don't see why people say "I don't see why people don't like 50 Cent," when he touts himself as the bad guy. People normally don't like the bad guy, that's common sense.

ya but its so obviously an image. if your aware that hes trying to be the bad guy than you obviously know he isnt really all that bad, or he wouldnt be trying so hard. that argument, and the one you had for lupe in the other thread kind of asks people to swallow a musicians public image whole, but its never gonna be like that. the listener is behind the scenes now with all the dvds, youtube, etc. we are insiders to the industry and we know its a sham. we either choose to ignore it or we buy into the performance, only the really naive still think popular culture is pure artistic expression. get over it.

You're the one who should get over it...you asked why do people think 50 should retire/stop rapping, and I simply offered some insight into that. Even 50 himself has stated that he wants to reitre.

At the end of the day, I could give you all the reasons in the world why people don't like him and you still wouldn't understand for some reason. I understand why you dislike Kanye/Lupe...people were asking why people want him to retire/stop rapping/don't like his music/him as a person, and I simply tried to provide some insight into that.

Does anyone else get really bored when listening to Kanye West talk? Does he ever stop complaining?

Yes, many people get bored listening to him. No, he never stops complaining.

lol @ people complaining about complaints.

hmm. i like kanye. and i didnt mean get over it as in telling you to shut up or anything, i was just kinda being a smartass about beleiving in rappers image. wasnt trying to be condescending though.

i love how kanye complains so much. whenever he talks its either dellusions of grandeur or complaining about why he never gets the respect he deserves. its hilarious. maybe hed be happy with the amount of props he has if he didnt constantly convince himself he needs to be gettin more. he was awesoem on 106 yesterday. i love watching him bitch.

Oh, ok...no harm, no foul. But yeah, they both have their strengths & weaknesses as artists/people or whatever.

On a [slightly] unrelated note, at first I was wondering why dude didn't put I'm Leaving on Curtis, but the label probably didn't let him put it on there because he told Jimmy Iovine to shut the fuck up lol..it would've been the best song on that album.

It's not a race thing, it's a money thing.

Pretty much, with all the media attention that Brittney was getting, it would mean higher ratings if she opened. I don't see why 50 Cent is acting all erratic about this shit so early, throwing bitch fits fucking up his office, being spiteful by vowing to release an album everytime Def Jam drops a priority release, looking depressed and shit acting like he lost already. He could end up having higher sales by the end of the week lol

50 Cent's a whiny bitch too, this ain't a one-way street. Fucking up his office because somebody leaked one of his singles like a baby throwing a tantrum. Holding grudes towards the other label to the point where he'll try to fuck up their sales in the future. Going back on his vow to quit rapping, then saying that he will...flopping on issues more than John Kerry. He back peddled on why he dissed Lil' Wayne. The week hasn't even ended and he's looking like somebody killed his puppy on CNN.

Pretty much, with all the media attention that Brittney was getting, it would mean higher ratings if she opened. I don't see why 50 Cent is acting all erratic about this shit so early, throwing bitch fits fucking up his office, being spiteful by vowing to release an album everytime Def Jam drops a priority release, looking depressed and shit acting like he lost already. He could end up having higher sales by the end of the week lol
he actually said it (the VMAs putting britney on to start the show instead of him) was a money issue and not a race issue, theres a video interview of him talking about the whole situation on hot97.com

i agree with him, but obviously thats not the correct way to go about voicing your opinion

he actually said it was a money issue and not a race issue

I agreed on it being a money issue and not a race issue in the quote you just quoted. So, you're agreeing with me.

Yeah, what he did wasn't the politically correct way to go about doing things, but the way 50 Cent is handling the competition situation isn't the correct way to go about things either. He's already crying about milk that hasn't even spilt yet.

50 said he blames his sales on interscope and that after his next album he wont return to the label. thats pretty brilliant after all the jimmy iovine love him and g unit have been putting out for the past little while.

i think kanye and 50 are the two best people to put up against eachother cause they are both dramaqueens. although all the headlines they are making is only hyping this competition up even more and will probably only result in better sales for both of them. go rap!

I agreed on it being a money issue and not a race issue in the quote you just quoted. So, you're agreeing with me.

Yeah, what he did wasn't the politically correct way to go about doing things, but the way 50 Cent is handling the competition situation isn't the correct way to go about things either. He's already crying about milk that hasn't even spilt yet.

lol ya i guess so... i didnt real the whole thread so i dunno.

on a diff note, i wouldnt expect 50 to sell as much as kanye, since hs album really hasnt been promoted much (at least in comparison to kanye's)

50 said he blames his sales on interscope and that after his next album he wont return to the label. thats pretty brilliant after all the jimmy iovine love him and g unit have been putting out for the past little while.

i think kanye and 50 are the two best people to put up against eachother cause they are both dramaqueens. although all the headlines they are making is only hyping this competition up even more and will probably only result in better sales for both of them. go rap!

He said his record label isn't very proactive, which I could see... They just thought 'oh its 50 its going go platinum no matter what...'