Con-yay Vs. Fitty Scents: Place Your Bets Now!

mizanation

who will win?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. who will win?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's any consolation, we bottle a lot of acts at the Reading fest, it's tradition!

wzWWc8zJQeA

*** from Wikipedia ***

The 'tradition' of unpopular bands being bottled off (being forced off stage by a barrage of audience-thrown plastic bottles, sometimes filled with urine has continued; famously, Daphne and Celeste suffered this ignominy in 2000 retreating after a wheel chair was thrown at them. Some have questioned the wisdom of putting the teen pop duo after the Heavy Metal Band, Slipknot. Good Charlotte experienced it in 2003, but remained on-stage and encouraged the crowd to throw more. In 2004, The Rasmus were bottled off at Reading, as was 50 Cent (with urine, fireworks, mud, pieces of furniture and generally anything that people could get their hands on - even a children's paddling pool) in Reading only. Some question the wisdom of organisers placing 50 Cent, a rap/urban act, in between Placebo and Green Day[citation needed], both rock acts (although other rap acts including The Streets, The Roots and Jurassic 5 played earlier in the day with little or no incident). 50 Cent lasted nearly 20 minutes at Reading, before throwing his microphone into the crowd in anger after a deck chair was thrown on-stage.

i wonder why people hate 50 so much. at summer jam a few years ago, people threw chairs at him.

I like some of his music, but that's really a no-brainer.

Some question the wisdom of organisers placing 50 Cent, a rap/urban act, in between Placebo and Green Day[citation needed], both rock acts (although other rap acts including The Streets, The Roots and Jurassic 5 played earlier in the day with little or no incident). 50 Cent lasted nearly 20 minutes at Reading, before throwing his microphone into the crowd in anger after a deck chair was thrown on-stage.

i love how clueless the media is. they actually lumped "the streets" together with 50 cent.

ya but skinner is white so he makes hip hop. and 50 is black so he makes rap music. its kinda how things are, ya know.

rapping is a element of hip hop

hiphop has many different manufactured pseudo classes like "rap" but it's all the same there IS no difference.

Mike Skinner refers to himself a rapper (albeit he's a bit of a alternative rapper) much like the beastie boys.

So there you go, ya know

(wasnt directed towards anyone, but it seems necessary to restate this at least every 5 pages.)

It looks like 50 Cent is headed for retirement, if store reports continue to trend the way they were by mid-afternoon today (Sept. 11). 50 Cent had told SOHH.com that he would quit the rap game if his new G-Unit/Interscope album, "Curtis," was outsold by Kanye West's Def Jam set "Graduation," both of which were released today.

Sales data is finalized Sunday at midnight when the Nielsen SoundScan week officially ends, but early indications are that West will be the victor, at least in the first week.

According to executives with three of the major labels, whose job duties include projecting first week scans based on early store sales reports, "Graduation" could come in at the 575,000-700,000 range, while "Curtis" is being projected in the 500,000-600,000 range.

Meanwhile, Kenny Chesney's "Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates," also released today, is projected to arrive the 400,000-550,000 range, with one sales projecting guru putting the country star neck and neck with 50 Cent.

A check with one Northeast urban-oriented store selling both the 50 Cent and West albums found the former outselling the latter seven copies to three copies today.

But when asked why there was such a light turnout for the two biggest urban music stars, the store owner admitted selling 144 copies of "Curtis" and 91 copies of "Graduation" over the weekend, "Of course, you realize Sept. 11 wasn't the release date in my store," he said.

Taken from Billboard.com

50's new shit is weak, glad Kanye is on top so far... didn' think he would be ahead of Kenny though he's not trying to wage a war with anyone, guess rednecks found out about the internetz...

rapping is a element of hip hop

hiphop has many different manufactured pseudo classes like "rap" but it's all the same there IS no difference.

Mike Skinner refers to himself a rapper (albeit he's a bit of a alternative rapper) much like the beastie boys.

So there you go, ya know

(wasnt directed towards anyone, but it seems necessary to restate this at least every 5 pages.)

ummm. your wrong, dawg. i cant explain it to you because your eyes are wide shut, nahmean. but like, for the really real whos real for real, hip hop is that mid 90s boom bap 4 elements throw back style where you rhyme about spaceships as metaphors for girls who represent the struggle. RAP is that down south, bling bling, crunk/hyphy, bitches, hoes and makin it rain on strippers cRAP. do the knowledge kid. BOOM. its like the sound of one hand clappin, yo. chuuuurch.

ummm. your wrong, dawg. i cant explain it to you because your eyes are wide shut, nahmean. but like, for the really real whos real for real, hip hop is that mid 90s boom bap 4 elements throw back style where you rhyme about spaceships as metaphors for girls who represent the struggle. RAP is that down south, bling bling, crunk/hyphy, bitches, hoes and makin it rain on strippers cRAP. do the knowledge kid. BOOM. its like the sound of one hand clappin, yo. chuuuurch.

Yo word is born son. I got mad knowledge to drop on this subject. But due to the fact Im studying my arts I'll get back to y'all on that at the God hour. For real kid.

I AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW THAT FUCKING THING WITH HIM ON VBS?!

Vice obviously doesn't like kayne, the entire interview just a big tongue-in-cheek way of saying "kayne west is fucking idiot".

which is true, but he is stupid in a likable way.

50=http://www.vbs.tv/player.php?bctid=1171893618&bccl=NTA1MzE0ODg0X19FVEM=

kayne=http://www.vbs.tv/player.php?bctid=1165620401&bccl=MTEzNzgzMzEwMF9fRVRD

"West - who threw a tantrum backstage after losing all five categories for which he was nominated - said he has bonded with 50 Cent over what they view as disrespectful behavior from MTV."

quote from Aol entertainment...

LOL at the fact that kanye bumrushed justice on stage in Europe and is now using "so me"

Yeah, it's adding insult to injury, which is funny. Or, he probably just thought it was cool concept...

TMZ.com said something about Kanye West was offered an on-stage performance by MTV...but it's TMZ, so I dunno'.

"West - who threw a tantrum backstage after losing all five categories for which he was nominated - said he has bonded with 50 Cent over what they view as disrespectful behavior from MTV."

quote from Aol entertainment...

heard the soundbite this morning on the radio...

lol @ him saying how the fuck the black eye peas going to beat him last year... then making it a racial issue...