Con-yay Vs. Fitty Scents: Place Your Bets Now!

mizanation

who will win?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. who will win?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think either way it turns out, the public wins. its cool that these guys both get equal radio play and are equally famous but represent two different styles of contemporary hip hop. theres alot of grey area in between the kanye fanbase and the 50 fanabse, though. alot of people listen to both and alot love one and hate the other. i think both of them will see better sales than they would if they dropped on seperate days for the simple fact that lining the releases up gets people talking about the date it comes out more than the leaked versions they can already ahve for free.

its hard in todays market to get people excited about the commercial copy of a record. and this competition is really sucking alot of people in because they either want to see their favorite be the winner, or they just like participating in they hype that surrounds the release date. i think ye and fiddy know all this and are really smart for doing it. i mean, i think jigga and shady are really smart for making them do this.

Kanye needs to outsell that gorilla and put him out of whatever game he lost years ago.

I like rhyme schemes more than holla'n at bay bays
yeah but souljah boy tell 'em got that crank crack yaheeearrrdme?

Ay, you peep that new Soulja Boy video?

http://www.souljaboytellem.com/

Hurricane Chris up in that heez. I'm hearing rumors bout a collabo...

Soulja Boy ft Hurricane Chris - I Got Me Some Ay Bay Bapes

Gonna be the new hotness. TELLEM.

i think either way it turns out, the public wins. its cool that these guys both get equal radio play and are equally famous but represent two different styles of contemporary hip hop. theres alot of grey area in between the kanye fanbase and the 50 fanabse, though. alot of people listen to both and alot love one and hate the other. i think both of them will see better sales than they would if they dropped on seperate days for the simple fact that lining the releases up gets people talking about the date it comes out more than the leaked versions they can already ahve for free.

its hard in todays market to get people excited about the commercial copy of a record. and this competition is really sucking alot of people in because they either want to see their favorite be the winner, or they just like participating in they hype that surrounds the release date. i think ye and fiddy know all this and are really smart for doing it. i mean, i think jigga and shady are really smart for making them do this.

I agree.

personally I'm opting for Kanye, in addition to his music appealing to me more, I think he has done a lot of good for hip-hop. hes a very talented producer and a decent lyricist. I also think he has a lot of respect for hip-hop and music. 50 Cent does very good business, I don't really have that much respect for him as an artist though.

haha yall voted for kanye because he's a jeremy scott whore?

i mean he got balls for a nigga wearin that fries sweater

but most of the time he's stylin'

only like 5 ppl on these 4ums like jscott...every1 else hates it...

when is the tv debate going on? do i need to register to vote bcuz i know i want fitty to b prez...hell be tough on terrorism kanye is too fashiony and soft.

a vote for 'ye is a vote for Hillary.

when is the tv debate going on? do i need to register to vote bcuz i know i want fitty to b prez...hell be tough on terrorism kanye is too fashiony and soft.

The day of their releases (9/11), on 106 & Park (I guess the regular time that show comes on).

Pretty sure he'll get his shit busted in record sales since Kanye has warmed the hearts of suburban white kids everywhere.

are you sure you're not mixing up names?

wouldn't those kids most likely be the ones calling Kanye a homo and bumping the new fiddy in their dads Explorer.

I've noticed that when I talk with people about who'll sell more, if they have doubts about the person they believe is the better rapper selling more, they blame it on white suburbans.

Some people say that 50 Cent will sell more because of his track record concerning sales. But ever since he first released, disdain for him has grown more & more- that may have a negative effect on his sales. He put out a ton of singles (and is featured on a Ciara single), but neither one of them is as popular as Stronger. The gangsta image usually sells well to hip-hop audiences too...the antagonist attitude he has towards the situation may help, seeing as beef in some form has always come into play concerning his albums & worked out in a positive light concerning sales. But him recently trashing his office due to finding out a video for one of his singles leaking early may indicate that may have thrown a monkeywrench in his plans. He alledges that Def Jam will buy a substantial amount of Kanye West's CDs (But Chamillionaire suspects that 50 Cent's label will do the same thing), and also says that there are tracks on the official album that weren't included in the leaked version.

Others say Kanye because of his growing audience, although it may not be enough to close the gap. His growing popularity in other areas of media may lend a helping hand- he was recently deemed GQ's international man of the year & was a guest-editor for complex magazine. Stronger is a more popular single than any of 50 Cent's current ones, and has more pre-orders for his album, but singles & pre-orders don't always have the final say-so on first week numbers. Some people also have grown annoyed with Kanye West's persona due to his ego.

Seeing as Kanye changed his mind and decided to show up at the debate, that may have an effect on sales as well. 50 & Kanye both seem articulate at times, but seeing as 50 was more eager to engage in this, I think he may have a trick or two up his sleeve...

I enjoy some of 50 Cent's music, but I'm black and can't really relate to alot of it at all...

ya i kinda see both those artists as they type that people cling to when they are dissillusioned with their surroundings. i see kanyes fan base as black and asian who dont relate to thug/hood shit as much as their peers. and i see 50 the kinda dude white guys listen to when they want to appear dangerous at their private school. and kanye clowns on girls too much to get bubblegum pop status. whereas 50 makes tracks that are just ghetto jodeci sometimes. 50 has the females on lock.

still taking bets.

i think it's going to come down to downloads and bootlegs.

most cats in new york are not gonna buy either album, they are going to buy the bootleg off the street. this is gonna bite into 50's market.

however, the average teenage and pre-teen white kid loves kanye and will probably download that shit.

which leaves the kids without internet connections who will probably identify more with 50 cent instead of kanye. also, eminem's endorsement also helps.

50 will get justin timberlake fans who dug their last collabo.

it's gonna be pretty close. luckily this is going to be off sales, not shippments, where kanye would definitely win.

i wonder if vegas has odds on this?