japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

that was me on winq's computer the first time btw. We have decided to make this the style-zeitgeist-style 'grail status' food tour.

To reserve:

Kyubei

Tenichi

Nobu

Some wagyu joint, i was thinking Imahan?

What else?

Jiro is better than Kyubei, and Mizutani is better than everybody.

Kondo tempura is also prime.

You will shit diamonds.

The OG imahan is kinda out of the way. It's in Asakusa.

Imahan started the whole gyu-nabe / sukiyaki thing in the Japland, I think.

They got history but Im pretty sure there are better joints.

I've eaten at Tenichi. It's not anywhere close to the nexxxt level tempura.

I'm craving Tenya right now. The best thing 650 yen can get me...

Kyubei

Tenichi

Imahan?

Damn I just realised that I've been hitting up those spots pretty much every time I visit... Kyubei even visits my grandmother's 'rogin home' once a month or so... the Imahan in Ueno is easier to get a table without reservations compared to the original location... tenichi's really fallen off over the years...

Tsukiji still gets some of the best lunches for under 1k.

So far my planned food stops for dec-jan

Nihonryori Ryugin

Mizutani

recommend me the best places for anything demiglace, omurice, tempura, katsu, mottsu nabe

katsu:

it's not the most expensive / fanciest tonkatsu, but it is in my top 3.

http://www.shinjuku.or.jp/kirin/washoku/santa/

Santa in Shinjuku Sanchome

Sakuraya --> barneys --> Junku-dou (the best bookstore in japan hands down) --> isetan (copp mad jawns) --> eat santa --> go to arcades --> pink salon and get head

best combo ever

Tsubame grill is pretty good for demiglace / yoshoku steez. It's pretty much everywhere and you can never go wrong with anything there.

Jiyugaoka grill (used to be in jyugaoka) now in Maru-bldg in Marunouchi kicks ass.

Has anyone been to Aoya in Nakemeguro? It's a membership-only Chinese cafe / restaurant. Apparently, it's pretty legit. It's hidden in a little house.

It's by Record (super cool cluthingz) and sorta near TMT and JLS / metal burger.

I heard Mistouko in Nakame gives gud haircuts. Apparently, started by some folks who used to work at shima. As usual, this joint has no street signs whatsoever.

You guys should check out the multi-story adult goods department store in Akihabara. It's right in front of the JR exit (It's the denki-gai exit, I think).

Ganko-ramen near Suehirocho sta is grail status. Check out the Kowloon Market around the corner = they have all kinds of illegal asian videogame jawns. Rainbow, also near Suehirocho, has an insane amount of vintage games for cheap.

Maid mimikaki (ear cleaning) and maid foot therapy are pretty fun too. They are pretty cheap.

Akiba gets shitty as you go towards the JR station. Suehirocho is where it's at.

Back in the day before the fuei legislation was revised, akiharaba depart(ment store) had a really insane video box. 2000 yen for 10 mins per girl x 3 and you get mad HJ. I've never been there, though.

If you are a super-insane-otaku, you should get on the AKB48 official website and get their live show tickets. It's in the Donki bldg. They have performances daily.

Note: They are running an e-mail raffle system

Sakuraya --> barneys --> Junku-dou (the best bookstore in japan hands down) --> isetan (copp mad jawns) --> eat santa --> go to arcades --> pink salon and get head

best combo ever

Lolz. Does ur gf know about this? How is she holding up, has she found a new job?

ANYWAYS,

I have chromesquared, cotton duck, salaryman, horriblyjollyjinx, winq, dismalfailure, and myself so far for dinner next Tuesday.

I'M MAKING RESERVATIONS TONIGHT SO HIT ME UP IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN JOINING!

NOS sounds good, we'll see you guys there.

ps any easy way to get to Kamakura? Just the train? I need to go there for a day and check out the huge buddha and buy a postcard for this girl who doesn't talk to me anymore.

Best way to Kamakura is Shinan Shinjuku line from Shibuya to Ofuna. Rock the monorail from there.

Giant Buddha sandals for the win.

db

recommend me the best places for anything..tempura... katsu

like I said above, Kondo (近藤 )tempura in Ginza is pretty well known, and Inagiku in the Hanzomon area is good too http://www.inagiku.jp/e/top.html but kind of gaijin oriented (they have a steak/sushi/tempura course, etc.)

I think some katsu places have been mentioned in the thread before, but I recently ate at a Hiraboku (平田牧場) spot in Nihonbashi http://www.hiraboku.info/tonkatsu_02.html and it was great. They have another shop in midtown too I think.

what time does dinner start?

i have a bunch of shit due that day, dont know if i can make it out but ill give you a call..

Lolz. Does ur gf know about this? How is she holding up, has she found a new job?

ANYWAYS,

I have chromesquared, cotton duck, salaryman, horriblyjollyjinx, winq, dismalfailure, and myself so far for dinner next Tuesday.

I'M MAKING RESERVATIONS TONIGHT SO HIT ME UP IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN JOINING!