japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

harlem fuckin sucks. so everyone don't waste your time. you have to be one seriously suave and balling fucker to get bitches (like rajio) if you aren't a local b-boy hiphopper club frequenter. the girls that go there exclusively like japanese hiphop boys. they don't want foreigners or skinny pants wearing patrons (unless your rich/famous/etc). i don't listen to hip hop, but the shit they usually spin in there is way too commercial (though it depends on the dj even). harlem compared to all other clubs is the anus of dogenzaka.

Well he did ask for the best club that spins commerical hiphop (50 cent / T.I.) and its Harlem. DJ Masterkey and Celory are resident DJs there. I never had problems picking up girls there, so I dunno. I usually go to Harlem to dance to top 50 hiphop, not to hit on girls through, and its always fun.

Well he did ask for the best club that spins commerical hiphop (50 cent / T.I.) and its Harlem. DJ Masterkey and Celory are resident DJs there. I never had problems picking up girls there, so I dunno. I usually go to Harlem to dance to top 50 hiphop, not to hit on girls through, and its always fun.

why you be slummin??

please refer to my last comment. you gotta be a suave baller like raji or something to that extent is what i had said. masterkey/masaki-san is a nice enough guy, but the hiphop he's been spinning, and his mixtapes drive me crazy!!!

i just find harlem so ghetto and unpersonal.

I always thought those names were just things that freshmen in the dorm use, no offense intended. I just mean Ive only heard select greek kids and freshmen use them.

Point is still valid though, who needs a reason to get drunk and hollar at some bitches.

(i still think the meetup should involve drugs. expensive, but drugs in tokyo is just.. fun. its a perfect environment to have fun on them, other than the legality. I dont remember if ive already said this, but specifically marijuana, things might be changing a bit since ive met more stoner japanese people already than i ever expected to, but typically, the only people who would quickly realize that youre smoking up would be the people who smoke themselves. Due to this rule i smoked out with a friend in a shibuya internet cafe, sketchy as fuck, but whatever. Also in broad daylight at yoyogi, which was even sketchier and i probably wouldnt do again for too much risk. Obviously friends apartments are the best options)

J

For the record. Fuck harlem. If you go, make sure you have your girl with you. Tried to go last weekend with a j-friend from school and they have a sign outside now that states that foreigner males unaccompanied by a female who assumes responsibility for them aren't allowed in. so me and my freind start talking to two girls at the conbini next door and they agree to help us out, get back to the door and the guy is a complete dick "you didn't just meet them, right? do either of you even know his name (my name)". At that point it was just a "fuck you harlem we're going next door".

I've found these kinda fucked up situations to be true at most of the clubs i've been too. I'm overall bummed on the clubs. I'm not much of a club guy to begin with i'd rather a small but thats just my opinion

:eek:

pretty much just confirmed I'll be shipping out on December 16th to Jland

~*~$~*~$~*~$~*~$~*~HELL YEAH BABY~*~$~*~$~*~$~*~$~

:eek: I'll be leaving to japan first time on that date too. I'm staying in Toyota (near nagoya) for 8 weeks and gonna spend some time in tokyo and learn snowboarding in Hakuba. How much money would you need to live in tokyo for a week?

I guess it depends, I was in Tokyo for 1month~ and my daily budget was around 50euros~. Eating at restaurants isnt that expensive and you can find some really cheap hostels etc. My areas of stay were:Minami-senju 1,5weeks (20euro/night for a single room), Koenji 1 week (little less than 20 euro/night, Kamiyachoo 1,5weeks (friend's place).

:eek:

:eek: I'll be leaving to japan first time on that date too. I'm staying in Toyota (near nagoya) for 8 weeks and gonna spend some time in tokyo and learn snowboarding in Hakuba. How much money would you need to live in tokyo for a week?

the gifu area sucks! ate least the food is kinda good. tokyo for one week? i don't know your lifestyle, but 3000u.s. should be alright...

I suppose if I had the money it would be cool, but I DEFINITELY don't.

Why do you like staying there as opposed to a friend's house?

Food & housing for free? Sounds good to me

it's different for me, cause my mom lives kinda far from the action though she is still in tokyo. my friends know that i've got lodgings, and i don't want to inconvenience anyone (they probably don't care, but it's kinda a jap thing).

what were you gonna bring for omiage??

it's different for me, cause my mom lives kinda far from the action though she is still in tokyo. my friends know that i've got lodgings, and i don't want to inconvenience anyone (they probably don't care, but it's kinda a jap thing).

what were you gonna bring for omiage??

word, word.

This one dude is basically telling me I have to stay at his house, because he moved here for school and I've shown him around, so I won't say no to that!

As far as omiage goes, I usually give some like gourmet coffee and chocolates to the parents, then give the kids something I know they like.

I got one kid a Goods x Stussy shirt 'cause he loves them, one girl I got a Mos Def an Ghostface Killah CD 'cause she loves hip hop, and I've given my girl Puma shoes that she loved, a Chanel makeup purse, a Supreme hat, and I think I'm giving her an AA dress this next time.

Look at me.

Been lurking here awhile, nice to meet you tokyo peoples... and non tokyo peoples.

Anyway I've been trying to find a store in Tokyo that sells c diem boots but I've been busy with work and havent been able to wander around. Any help would be appreciated.

Also there's a lot of shit about clubbing here, but anyone know any nice bars where I can find some non trashy girls? -_-

I work at a firm with like 10 guys and I am the only one under 30... sucks ass.

Oh wellll thanks in advance.

so glad I have friend's houses I can stay at, hotels and shit get ridiculous real quick.

Seriously. In my two weeks in Japan last spring, I only had to pay for three nights. Along with staying with friends/families, I also ended up paying mainly for lunches.

Two of the nights were here which was really great. About $50 a night for a private room with bath in a really convenient location -- about a five minute walk from Ueno station.

you're a real family dude aren't you?

good work on getting a place in japan for cheap/nothing.

yeah dude, I like to keep my connections strong for a few reasons. I genuinely like the people, so I like to talk to them and hang out with them when I come, and plus if the parents like you they'll gladly let you stay.

Seriously. In my two weeks in Japan last spring, I only had to pay for three nights. Along with staying with friends/families, I also ended up paying mainly for lunches.

Two of the nights were here which was really great. About $50 a night for a private room with bath in a really convenient location -- about a five minute walk from Ueno station.

Yeah and even paying for lunch isn't that bad if you don't mind eating cheap, which I don't. It's fun to get to go out and try new restaraunts for dinner and stuff, but getting that free home-cooked food is really where it's at. That hotel seems legit, I would definitely consider staying there if I didn't have an alternative option. Having a private bath is really a plus.

can someone please advise on how the tokyo weather will be in late november? it's my 1st time in japan & i'll be headed there from nov 21 - nov 25. am i gonna need an umbrella, thermals, & a thick jacket? i also read that nov 23rd is a national holiday. will everything be totally shutdown??? i'll be by myself & i don't know anyone there. TIA

umbrellas are like 2.50$ here so don't even bother to bring one from the states.

Umm, to my knowledge most national holidays don't mean much for closings etc. Schools and stuff probably get the day off, but I can't remember a nat'l holiday where anything else has really been closed. Don't quote me on that though.

You should probably check how the typical nov/dec weather is here online, but it can get pretty cold, so a coat would probably be a good idea. Layering would probably be better suited than a big down coat though.

Nothing ever closes in tokyo on holidays.

One exception may be Jan 1st but there are a plenty of things that are still open though.

Nothing like thanksgiving in the states.

Nothing ever closes in tokyo on holidays.

One exception may be Jan 1st but there's a plenty of things that are still open though.

Nothing like the thanksgiving in the states.

THANKS herpsky (+rep) & so-so! also gonna get the the tokyo superguide map, so any other books to recommend??? i don't speak japanese, but willing to learn sumthin!

Flying to Japan in 3 days, hosting a friend flying in from HK for few days - he better not ask me to take him to fuuzoku (and accompanying potential drama of getting gaijin into them spots). i'm trying to keep it a pg13 tour - guess Asakusa is in order, maybe just shove dude into Hato-bus...any suggestions? it also hurts that I haven't been back to motherland in 3 years and didn't really grow up there.