WHAT DO YOU DO FOR ALIVING?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Quote:

im a chef ... i need to holla at you winemakers i went to culinary school but really learned my trade in the nyc school of hard knocks!!!! worked for good people but i just moved to vegas and im starting to regret it

--- Original message by mellymel on Jul 25, 2005 10:14 PM

I am starting to regret chef school itself!!!

-don't hate, appreciate-

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a full-time business student. I also have my own small clothing line and do a bit of freelance design work.. mostly graphic and website, whatever. I play the stock market a bit and also buy and re-sell material things; when I see a good opportunity.

I recently came across a website that seems like a legit way to make some extra cash. It's an auto-surf thing... anyone ever tried anything like? It looks all good, but seems too good to be true.

Quote:

Sweet Orr:

I work for a 60K case winery in Carneros Napa Valley. We make pinot noir and chardonnay. Come visit some time, you are in the bay area right? I am also making my own cab /merlot based wine on a label I hope to start in the next two years.

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Jul 25, 2005 09:23 PM

hey serge-

i'm not in the bay area, but if i get out there sometime ill shoot you an email.

sweet-orr

Quote:

soultec, what kinda studio equipment are you designing? I am a gear whore!

me: 2X 1200 mkII, rane empath, boss sp 303, sony mdr v700, bryston 3B, Kef UniQ C55. Plus some computer stuff for recording.

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Jul 26, 2005 10:40 PM

Current projects:

-Custom Neve line amp

-Custom studio quality 'wah' filter. With an extended frequency range and using a reproduction Pultec inductor for part of the filter network.

I've done a lot of preamps and DIs mostly so far. Will start doing more EQs and compressors next probably.

I'll PM you some info on my product line.

Quote:

soultec, what kinda studio equipment are you designing? I am a gear whore!

me: 2X 1200 mkII, rane empath, boss sp 303, sony mdr v700, bryston 3B, Kef UniQ C55. Plus some computer stuff for recording.

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Jul 26, 2005 10:40 PM

Empath - nice choice! What kind of music?

i dunno man. all i know is a friend of mine works/worked for levis in new york. only thing i remember is it was in a highrise, they had their own floor with some old lady as the receptionist, and they had their own showroom. so yeah, to me that's levis new york - design or not.

Quote:
Quote: ^ nyc levis?

there is no Levi's design in NY, all US design is based out of SF, the Worldwide headquarters of Levi's.

Serge, been up to carneros more than a few times. Respect, sir. What's your position there?

--- Original message by Blanc0 on Jul 27, 2005 01:39 PM

i dunno. i have a friend who works at levis in new york. some highrise that has their own showroom as well.

"thrust, kill, destroy, stress"

Edited by sr20det on Jul 27, 2005 at 09:34 PM

Quote:

i dunno man. all i know is a friend of mine works/worked for levis in new york. only thing i remember is it was in a highrise, they had their own floor with some old lady as the receptionist, and they had their own showroom. so yeah, to me that's levis new york - design or not.

Quote:

there is no Levi's design in NY, all US design is based out of SF, the Worldwide headquarters of Levi's.

Serge, been up to carneros more than a few times. Respect, sir. What's your position there?

i dunno. i have a friend who works at levis in new york. some highrise that has their own showroom as well.

--- Original message by sr20det on Jul 27, 2005 09:32 PM

I'm not implying to trust everything you see on TV, BUT there was a Levis office in NY on the apprentice for when they did their Levis challenge. What that office is for, I don't know?

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

--- Original message by sr20det on Jul 27, 2005 09:32 PM

I'm not implying to trust everything you see on TV, BUT there was a Levis office in NY on the apprentice for when they did their Levis challenge. What that office is for, I don't know?

--- Original message by My Pal the Crook on Jul 27, 2005 09:48 PM

from what i can recall, there was a europa cafe across from this particular building. man, i have pics of the office that i should throw up so ppl don't think i'm crazy.

"thrust, kill, destroy, stress"

i do some writing for sole collector....actually, I am prem. in this next issue...check it out.....

also a waiter at my parents fantastic resteraunt and also a sales assosiate. What? I like to stay busy....but yeah, im a student so those last two jobs are only for the summer but ill prolly be finding some craptacular job when i go back to school in septemeber.....yay