to all studio d'artisan fans( hate to bring this to you)

edmond

Originally Posted by unspecified source

blah blahbablablahblah

blahblahblahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahbablablahblah

blahblahblahblah blah blah blah blahblah blahbablablahblah

blahblahblahblah blah blah blah blah

Ford does feel that they hold claim to the automobile with 4 weels etc etc.

blah blahbablablahblah

blahblahblahblah blah blah blah blah

^What utter bullshit!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread has exploded..

Still - I have word on the fact that Levi's is trying to prohibit / and already is doing so / some Japanese companies from making repro cuts.

How they are doing it ? I have no idea , since I don't think that they have a patent on any of their cuts...

Fact is , that they have way more financial background than any small Japanese brand - and that's probably scary enough for most of them.

What I hate most about this is that it's a "lawsuit" that will change "fashion" or what styles are out there...

It's no change caused by demand of public taste - it's forced change by a single company that wants to run the market.

Honestly - I think Levi's should have tried to work out some kind of positive coop - instead of just trying to crush them...

Really - I am missing style in this whole operation..and that alone seals it for me - I am not buying their stuff..

LOL - big threat , I know...Beats got the big bucks and I am gonna ruin those bastards...I'll suck them dry..

it's business.

figured I'd add my pointless $0.02:

I just got a pair of 103's (thanks poly, HJJ, and digital denim for the sizing advice) before I knew about this whole thing and I glad I chose them over another pair of s5000. The denim is amazing- dark and stiff with a tight weave. As long as they keep the denim, I don't see anything wrong with abandioning repro cuts (although the 103 isn't exactly a repro cut). It does seem as if Levi's is trying to compensate for their lack of quality, etc. with money, but such is the modern economy and legal system: might makes right.

does anyone really know if Levi's is behind this?

email

And this is secret thing....

Levi's are going to go XunknownX brand bankrupt.

Not only Arcs and Tab,

Also,they say to us,

"Don't make jeans look like Levi's anymore.

And pay a lot of money as a reconciliation soon to Levi's !"

A lot of money is incredible money for us.

We are suffering from it...

Next year, I am not sure yet what can we do.

maybe they aren't behind it. I don't know. It seems as if it is easy to blame Levi's when anything "goes wrong" on this board and I have fallen prey to the usual groupthink. It's entirely possible that the Japanese companies just wanted a new direction and saw this as the ideal time to break out of the comventional mold. If you can't have the details, what's the point of repros?

email

Not only Arcs and Tab,

Also,they say to us,

thats toshikos writing.... damn.

maybe they aren't behind it. I don't know. It seems as if it is easy to blame Levi's when anything "goes wrong" on this board and I have fallen prey to the usual groupthink. It's entirely possible that the Japanese companies just wanted a new direction and saw this as the ideal time to break out of the comventional mold. If you can't have the details, what's the point of repros?

levis is behind this... i have it from a trusted source.

email

Not only Arcs and Tab,

Also,they say to us,

the broken english makes it that much more depressing.

and on the "might makes right" theme, why haven't brands such as 45rpm and Evisu been targeted? They both produce tradtitional 5 pocket jeans with "Levi's" details such as hidden rivets. Since they are larger, more established brands does Levi's assume that they can't be so easily pushed around and instead focus on the "little guy" ?

i will mate .. i will stand my ground i may not be perfect but i try to endure everyones hate here anyways one thing that makes me endure all those hate is beacuse of these japanese repro denim... thats all and people like you gimme and beatle.

LOL LOL LOL. This is one of the funniest posts ive ever read on here. And one of the saddest too.

and on the "might makes right" theme, why haven't brands such as 45rpm and Evisu been targeted? They both produce tradtitional 5 pocket jeans with "Levi's" details such as hidden rivets. Since they are larger, more established brands does Levi's assume that they can't be so easily pushed around and instead focus on the the "little guy" ?

I suspect that Evisu has the resources to go to court and get the case dismissed, with prejudice.

and on the "might makes right" theme, why haven't brands such as 45rpm and Evisu been targeted? They both produce tradtitional 5 pocket jeans with "Levi's" details such as hidden rivets. Since they are larger, more established brands does Levi's assume that they can't be so easily pushed around and instead focus on the "little guy" ?

45 rpm does not make repros.

Evisu has already being sued. They changed and are now doing their own thing.

You can't sue over rivets or amount of pockets and you definetly can't just sue a company cause they make raw jeans.

You can't sue over rivets or amount of pockets and you definetly can't just sue a company cause they make raw jeans.

My point exactly. Levi's has no real ground for a lawsuit (and this is out of court anyway from my understanding), but they think that they can push their weight around just because they have money and corporate clout.

that sounds like toshiko...if you levi bastards touch a hair on her head, ill disembowel you all harakiri style!!! this is the day ive feared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evisu (ever heard of Evis?) was the first repro company ever sued by Levis. There is nothing traditional about the 45rpm cuts...the Sorahiko fit changes a little bit every year (so I hear...I've only got one pair so I don't know from personal experience) and it's definitely not a repro.

I bet if whoever Levis contacted simply told Levis " repro that head job I got last week from your mom "

Levis would've said " DAMN ! now THATS gangsta ! " and left um alone ...

Maybe not

well, not anymore... but when Levi's held the patent, they could.

just a technicality. RESUME PANICKING

God I would love to see Levi try this with Gap Inc. and get slapped.

The Japanese companies should band together and share the cost of legal representation. One solid decision in their favor would set a precedent that could protect all of them. It might also keep them in business.

maybe you should buy the store.

Yeah, but if he bought the store he would be left with a store that he didn't care for in a year when he chooses some other item to buy all of.