"Spruce" Sample Sale. Yep

Kane

I am busy this whole weekend so I can't make it. We did have a mini meet today at the Spruce sale - well at least Kubrick and I and some very nice lurkers did :). Not sure if there was anyone else there from SuFu.

I came in to the store around 12:15... but I didn't recognize anyone, can't believe no one even said "hi". Tsk.

I would've, but I don't know how anyone apart from lucky_cloud, diamonds, timber, insidertrading, and hedior looks.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the sample sale itself... it was ok, I'm over W+H/Spruce so I couldn't care less about most of the stuff. Got myself some t-shirts, but I don't even know why... they're so freaking short that they won't be any good, except for layering, after I wash them.

There weren't any XXL sizes that I saw. My friend was trying on some of the XL stuff and he said that it fit more like a large on him.

Right ordo which is why i really NEEDED some xx gear .

Thanks for taking a looky

Sale was kinda lame. I was really hoping to score a pea coat or something to that effect, but no dice. Felt inclined to buy something just because I drove out there, but fuckit, way too hung over and it was so muggy inside there. Definitely a noticable SuFu crowd except for the gorgeous stud in the flip-flops and gym shorts (aka me).

Who else made it out?

I was there when it opened. I had a hunch it was all/mostly SuFu folks but I didn't want to be a nerd/put people on blast, so I kept quiet.

The sale was alright. I probably would have been more into it if Spruce stuff fit my tall-ish/slender-ish body.

The sample sale's extended to this weekend, Aug 24, 25 plus Aug 31 and Sep 1. Having worked there on Saturday, I've got a fair idea of what's available:

- Tiger Fleece in Red + Green (and a few in Black?) in S and possibly XS sizes.

- White French Terry (with Long Cuffs) in White in pretty much all sizes.

- A whole mess of T-shirts. Tons of White V-necks.

- Found a couple thermal Henleys in black, white and green. Assorted sizes.

- A couple pieces of Denim from our first season with the (IMHO) ultra low rise.

- A whole section in XL that no one's really come in to browse (everyone's looking for M and XL).

- Bunch of Thermals in M and L

- Marble Dyed PO Hoodies in M and L. I'm surprised these aren't gone yet. I don't think we'll ever do marble dye again. Very expensive and ridiculously labour intensive.

Interestingly enough, I figured out that like Minya, I can manage to stretch out a S tiger fleece enough to fit my M frame.

for the love of god can someone pick me up a green or red tiger fleece (pref green). size small

I have a purple w+h one (tiger fleece, small slim fit)... worn like 15-20 items, perfect condition, not from sample sale. $90 shipped :)

The ones at sample sale are the washed out color btw, old spruce colors that is.