yes or no? / this or that?

chris

Damn, I was actually starting to like the leather detailing

To each their own du, I am a fan of Penfield but I just dont dig it for myself. I do like the leather detailing/darts by the zippers.

I just think the shoulder detail takes away from the overall minimalist look of the jacket

Yes or no to penfield stapleton jacket?

penfield_stapleton_tweed_jacket_ex.jpg

Found for $290, debating

My store in Toronto has teh hickory stripped one with the blue corduroy instead of the leather and the black with red buffalo check on at half price. Not sure where are you getting them but don't pay full retail and if you want any of the colours I have PM me.

Personally the only one I have seen that I liked and almost bought was the blue hickory stripe. The brown wasn't so nice when I got up close to it.

I've got two pairs of the zipper-boot ones this season and they seem fine but admittedly they use a different sole than the usual 'opening ceremony' ones. I will say that they're currently the least comfortable shoes I own and wearing them for an entire day is literally painful but I'm hoping they'll break in. Also the soles on the suede pair will leave marks on the suede if they touch which seems insane. I would say 'do not buy opening ceremony shoes ever unless you can get them for at least 70% .'

I heard they have kind of shoddy quality, any reasons otherwise? I'm not planning on it, just curious. I suppose this would apply to Rachel Comey since I heard that brand uses the same manufacturing?

yeah the quality is the main thing. i got mine at 60% off i think and i still don't think its worth it. sole came apart so fast

no idea about rachel comey

iirc, opening ceremony does their shoes in portugal no (tresbienshop description)?

i was talking to an 'in god we trust' sales associate and she said rachel comey is produced in peru/argentina. i think she called them to confirm but i wasn't paying attention, there were so many little trinkets to look at.