yes or no? / this or that?

chris

yea I'm looking for black lace up boots - and these were the ones that caught my attention because of it's simplicity and leather sole.It was these and the context tanker boot.

My only concerns would be whether or not it may be too clunky for it to be slightly dressed up occasionally.

How much do aldens run for usually? Is this expensive for an alden because its a collab?

^ I don't think thats overly expensive, Aldens aren't cheap.

Im sure some of the amount is tacked on due to it being a limited production/ collaboration, but a decent pair of Aldens will run you around $400 on average ( for retail) so its not like your being screwed

If your looking for something for solely formal wear, I would go with something different. But for something "slightly dressed up" as your mentioning, they look pretty versatile to me.

The toebox is a little higher then your standard dress shoe for example, but not overly so IMO

^ I don't think thats overly expensive, Aldens aren't cheap.

Im sure some of the amount is tacked on due to it being a limited production/ collaboration, but a decent pair of Aldens will run you around $400 on average ( for retail) so its not like your being screwed

If your looking for something for solely formal wear, I would go with something different. But for something "slightly dressed up" as your mentioning, they look pretty versatile to me.

The toebox is a little higher then your standard dress shoe for example, but not overly so IMO

thanks for that, that was my main concern about the toe box being a little clunky.

I actually was inspired by this photo from the denim in movies thread:

deanjamesphotojamesdeanyp1.jpg

and i would love to throw some boots on with my denim. however, i spend most of my week in a business casual environment, so a few days each week when i'm in the back office i can get away with wearing boots so i was just wondering if it would be able to go with some work pants or slacks on a day when i don't have to see a client.

I think i will cop them though, on first impressions it looked like a very well polished and solid boot.

i had a look at the tricker's burford - it has a much sleeker last, however i do prefer the alden - the double waterloc sole is quite attractive in terms of form and function!

Holy shit @ Florsheim Imperial Kenmoors. Y'all sleepin way hard with your $500 Alden collaborations. Goodyear welt, beautiful shape and leather, heavy (in a good way), and really solid construction for $180.

Why no love? B/c they're not made in the USA or featured in Inventory magazine?

Got a little bonus and I usually like to treat myseld when I get money that wasn't planned for or budgeted away. I kinda think I know what everyone's reaction will be. I am toying with the idea of getting the JCrew/Timex watch instead of the Buzz Rickson Sweatshirt. Give me a reason why I shouldn't get these... I am curious.

sufudb_01_07.jpg

and

br_sweater_01.jpg

Why is everyone so nutso bout that sweater? Serious question, not taking a jab at it or anything....

Cuz forreal tho, everyone that posted a waywt with it has looked pretty bad, imo

I don't know... maybe because it is comfortable and a little different looking... I suppose I could get an american apparel shirt in the same colour and save 100 bucks.