Uniqlo Selvage

Biggow

Here are some pictures of a pair of Uniqlo selvage I picked up for another sf member... they're pre-washed (obviously) with some light distressing. They also had another wash that was much lighter and had a dirtier-looking weft.

DSC00092.JPG

DSC00093.JPG

DSC00094.JPG

DSC00095.JPG

If anyone else not in the area wants some, PM me, I live like 20 minutes from the menlo park Uniqlo and wouldn't mind picking 'em up for a small tip :] They're normally 59.99, though right now they're on sale for 39.99. Not sure if the price change is permanent or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought that pair of Uniqlo's from gomi. At first I thought that they were a nice pair of jeans for the price, nothing great. I hadn't worn them for more than a couple hours since I've been breaking in some raw jeans. I've been wearing them for the past two days, though, and I have really come to like them. The denim is really soft and the denim is awesome. It says it is ring denim, the way the white threads show through is really nice. The selvage coin pocket is a nice tough, the selvage lines running down the sides are defined, they will fade in nicely and the distressing on the jeans is not overdone at all. I really like these jeans and would recommend them to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

how ironic i work at the one in freehold, yea there wont be any new shipments of these selvage jeans. btw, the "teabag" ones you guys were referring to loses its brown tint after a few washes, so be careful. the store in freehold will not receive as much men's spring and summer line clothing as the other stores since it has not sold as well as the other stores (such as menlo).

Gary

Quote:

The New York store didnt have the selvedge ones the few times I checked them. I got a nice pair of one washes though. Pretty nice.

--- Original message by mspark on Mar 16, 2006 04:57 PM

I was there today and they had them, I just asked a sales guy and he went diging; They fit kinda odd but the value for selvage is damn good.

i work at the menlo park mall storee... i havent been reading up on the thread so im just gonna talk..

we have a lot of selvage in stock and i think i may have even seen a box in the back. so if anyone wants a pair just holler

theyres only two selvage types...theyres regular blue ones (the ones in the pictures up in hte forum) and theyres the greenish tint one....

theyres also a one wash dark pair which is more raw denim looking..but its not shuttle loom

its funny cuz most of my coworkers...esp the girls dislike the jeans

ak

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:

^ so no more jeans coming in for spring/summer?

--- Original message by Smackadog on Apr 5, 2006 07:22 PM

check the menlo park uniqlo.

they didn't know if they were going to get another shipment at the soho store...

on a side note, i have a pair of their non-shuttle loom jeans in 32x32 and they fit me even better than the selvedge. there is a huge difference in the cut between my selvedge 31x34 and my non-selvedge 32x32, especially in the seat region (the non-selvedge is much roomier).

a raw selvedge with the cut of the non-selvedge would be perfect. but hey.

Edited by mizanation on Apr 6, 2006 at 12:49 AM

• 1 month later...

Wish to inform, since we have been dealing in Mostly Nisshinbo Denim Fabrics _ JAPANESE. Infact 100% of our Denim is Japanese, we have started our own manufacturing and washings of Jeans.

Therefore anyone here who does or knows somebody who wishes to work with us, can contact us. Also they can give their own styles, and washes effects. We will do it for that particular customer.

Cheers guys hope you will be seeing our stuff around.

+669-2024416.

Looking For Denim Fabric, Specially Red Selvedge Vintage with traditional Rim. If anyone here can help out will be great. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

the uniqlo we're all raving over is a mens jean, right? cos i've seen some used uniqlo jeans here (i forgot to check if they were selvedge), but they're labelled "UNIQLO women" and have a little figure below that, which i think is the size. trouble is the waist is simply too small and the inseam too short for me. but they're very obviously dark (if not raw) jeans, and there's clear evidence of some wearing in before they were put on the racks of the local secondhand store.