Five Favourite Cars

rome1

hey, there's a DATSUN 510 SSS bluebird in there too.

E30 was my very first car. the cars i've listed are cars that i've loved since my early teens (over a decade). I'm mostly a chevy guy but the E30 and the datsun have earned their spot in my list just from personal experience.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, I skipped over the Datsun I guess, I'd like one of those as well. I've had 2 E30's and would like another someday so I feel you. I have a strong aversion to muscle cars though.

and Ferrari 412? holy fuck mass, you'd be like the only fulfilled Ferrari 412 owner in the world.

matter of fact mass, I'd go as far as to say your list is shit. 70's to 80's Town Car? holy fuck, I will find one for free and give it to you, i am serious. Have you ever heard of the Lincoln Versailles? That is the car for people who like those kinds of Town Cars.

I can get you one of those for free, or near free too, I think.

E30 (Early version with euro bumpers)" classy as fuck. Henna Rot over gingham cloth seats, particularly.

510: classy

Ferrari 412: why? it's like an Italian IROC -Z. It's the only Ferrari one would feel ok with, when parting out from a complete mint condition car.

BMW GINA is hype, BMW's haven't looked good since they let go of that Japanese cat who did the E39 and E46 and Fisker. van Hooydonk and Bangle have collectively ruined all the BMW series and pushed forth crap like the X6, a real shame. The new M3 is probably the only decent looking thing that Designworks has done so far, and it doesn't grab you like the E46 did.

Bangle got off to a terrible start with that 7 seires also. The trunk on that was hideous. Since then I don't mind the cars that have been designed under him, but when they try to make a car with aggressive styling it falls short.

ferrari 250 gt

jaguar e type

aston martin vantage

audi rs6 avant, with thule and bike rack

and a nissan gtr just for shits

BMW GINA is hype, BMW's haven't looked good since they let go of that Japanese cat who did the E39 and E46 and Fisker. van Hooydonk and Bangle have collectively ruined all the BMW series and pushed forth crap like the X6, a real shame. The new M3 is probably the only decent looking thing that Designworks has done so far, and it doesn't grab you like the E46 did.

I found the e65 7 series to be pretty damn good, even with the original rear design

remember that it came out in 2001 (quite advanced for it's time)

it made the w220 S class (1999) look dated

the new f02 7 series however, is pretty bad; as is the X6

I really don't like where many of the automakers are going, in terms of design

especially BMW and Honda

The E65 is ugly, van Hooydonk was the designer I think. BMWs since the big coupes and 1602's were always slim, lithe, aggressive looking things with clean bold lines, and all of a sudden van Hooydonk went and made this bulbous ugly thing, big rounded greenhouse, bulbous doors without the lower character line to visually split them, and then the front and rear fascias were disgusting. Worst BMW design ever, easily. The 6-series is easier on the eyes, but I still don't like that either.

The W220 is beautiful, it will continue to be nice looking for awhile. I'd like one of those still, they are such a standby car.

The A8s with the big grilles are probably the best of both sportiness/lux presence, probably the best interior as well.

I found the e65 7 series to be pretty damn good, even with the original rear design

I really don't like where many of the automakers are going, in terms of design

especially BMW and Honda

i feel like you are contradicting yourself a bit with this statement. the e65 7 series is the original bangle design in my eyes, and i dont get saying you dont like where bmw is going after being happy with the e65 is what i find odd.

i feel like you are contradicting yourself a bit with this statement. the e65 7 series is the original bangle design in my eyes, and i dont get saying you dont like where bmw is going after being happy with the e65 is what i find odd.

let me clarify this

7-Series E65 (original rear design)

2513298836bf55216736bat4.jpg

7-Series E65 (facelifted)

2060359539549fb9191aboc2.jpg

7-Series F02 (same platform, redesign)

2009bmw7128011io1.jpg

what I was trying to express was that I liked the E65 (first two pictures)

but I don't like where BMW's design is headed (F02, third picture)

the GINA concept was developed by BMW 10 years ago

and it was the foundation for the e90/92, e60/63, and e65 designs

it's not something that they just put together recently for attention

imo, the only recent designs which have been bad are the e90 M3, facelifted e90, X3, X6 and F02 7-series. the rest of their cars are fantastic.

.... because it's fast as fuck and costs a mil and a half? I thought that was good enough. The Veyron is a gussied up Audi like everything else is nowadays, but still, you can't tell me it doesn't break necks.

hardly makes it -ultimate-.

the car is just a showpiece

can't say it's not a beautiful design though

10849456375f05ab3242oxy8.jpg

Those are probably expensive now, dudes want those to jack up and put 26"s on. Actually all those cars are. I had a pinoy friend in middle school whose parents like balled out in the 70's and then quit, so he had a driveway consisting of old Town Car, Versailles, diesel Benzo, 68 Vette, and something else, I forgot. Inside his house, it was immaculate and hadn't been redecorated since 1973.