Headphones? Headphones? Headphones?

Guest freedomfighter

you should also consider the creative ep-630. apparently they are the same but cheaper.

also these cheap china ear buds have been recieving some positive comments from head-fi lately.

I have the ep-630. I really hate them. They always keep falling out of my ears. But then again, maybe my ears aren't just good for earbuds. Sound quality isn't so great either..

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the ep-630. I really hate them. They always keep falling out of my ears. But then again, maybe my ears aren't just good for earbuds. Sound quality isn't so great either..

I cant comment on these specifically, but if you weren't getting a good fit/strong seal, then thats probably why they sounded bad...

Any opinions on Boosted/WeSC headphones (the big over-the-ear ones)? Or are they just totally not worth their price in terms of quality? They look slick but function is over form on this issue for me.

I received a pair of the WESC Aoki headphones recently and while I use them when I play out, the sound quality of the Sony MDR 500-700 line sound quality is much better.

db

What are the best non-in ear earbuds?

I just keep on rebuying Sennheiser MX400's whenever the pair I have breaks.

Try the Yuin PK1/2/3 (3 is the cheapest).

Well balanced with good clarity and upper details. No hint of any harshness at all though the bottom end doesn't go as deep and low because they are earbuds after all. Soundstage is wide and depth illusion is also decent.

are the yuin sturdy enough ?

i have a pair of sennheiser mx300 since... 2003 maybe or even 2002, and use them daily. but they're starting to fall apart.

or does anyone knows of a good paire of semi in ear earbuds ?

i don't know the name for it, but i don't want shure and related, but things like sennheiser cx300 that you can't put/remove easily, and i don't want an amazing isolation, so that i can hear cars a bit when walking. i'm not a bass addict btw, i listen to lots of different genres.

i was thinking of the denon ah-c351k.

stay away from bose if it's not too late... in 99% of cases there's going to be a much better alternative for your needs for the price...

maybe the one situation where bose is alright for the money: i break tech pretty easily and knowing bose's warranty i went w/ the 99$ ear buds. the pair i have atm are the third or fourth replacement i got for free within the last two years--no questions and they give out new pairs rather than refurbished.

Julien- I listed like 5 earbuds a few posts ago. You could always look at that website i got the links from because it's really helpful with great reviews on lots of pieces and you can buy on the site.

oh yes from headphones.com right ? i've read their review but sometimes i find them not detailed enough, but that's a good base to start with.

i read a lot if things on head-fi forum and ended up buying a pair of yuin pk2 with express shipping to replace my mx300 quickly and a pair of these:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/soundmagic-pl30-adjustable-bass-earphones-323413/

to see if i like in-ear, and at that price even if i don't like i still can either sell them for more or keep them when i want peace and isolation.

some say they sound as good, the soundmagic being a bit more crisp with better treble and bass and the yuin having better mids. i'll see which i prefer ! thanks for the advice.

finally blew my sennheiser HD497s and picked up a pair of HD555s. the difference is astounding, but very bass-heavy in comparison. metal isn't quite as fun to listen to anymore :-(

are the yuin sturdy enough ?

Nothing to complain about the build quality so far, pretty rock solid for a Chinese manufacturer if you ask me. (Compared to the number of times I have had to warranty my Crossroads etc.)

The PK1s are great but only if you have an amp, if you don't it's better to spring for the PK2.

Another good point is they look pretty stealth for the price they command, less chances of getting jacked.

Another good point is they look pretty stealth for the price they command, less chances of getting jacked.

thanks a lot ! i don't think i'll ever have my earbuds jacked, but the fact that their stealth is a good point, like they look like $2 cheap earphones but actually aren't...

i ordered the pk2, and don't think i'm going to be disappointed. i don't really want to carry an amp to listen to music to 20 minutes so the pk1 wouldn't have been a pointless choice.

I think i'm buying these

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/sealed-and-noise-canceling/akg-k-414-p.php

Should be good for the time being. I might check out those in ear ones you got, freecat next week when i get my check

my headphone inventory:

akg k81dj

akg k501

audio technica ath-500

beyerdynamic dt770 2006 80ohm

equation audio rp-15mc

etymotic research er6i

grado igrado

grado sr225

jvc ha fx34 "marshmallow"

koss ksc75

sennheiser px100

sennheiser hd580 (w/ hd600 grills and hd650 cables)

v-moda vibe (in gunmetal)

v-moda vibe (in red)

i think thats it plus a couple desktop amps (little dot ii+ tube amp and meier audio corda headfive), some portable amps (little dot micro, cmoy, pa2v2) and some cryogenically treated interconnects.... yea..

Should be good for the time being. I might check out those in ear ones you got, freecat next week when i get my check

get them here: http://www.focalprice.com/Genuine_Sound_Magic_Professional_Earphones_Silver_CP074S_2648.html

according to head-fi forum they aren't fake, though the price tag is a bit suspicious.

Are they the new K26p?

If so you might want to look into the K81dj/K518dj instead...

From what I remember they don't sound that great for the price, just a heads up if you didn't have the opportunity to try them before buying.

Yea, they're the new k26p. I can't really bring myself to spend more than that $60. I've read reviews on other sites and they seem to be pretty solid. Especially for the light use that i'll be giving them. Mostly watching movies on my computer, listening to ipod, and other small things. Any other sub $35-60 recommendations for good isolation/noise canceling ones?

thanks, freecat. I'm going to order those too so i can have a pair of buds with me.

get them here: http://www.focalprice.com/Genuine_Sound_Magic_Professional_Earphones_Silver_CP074S_2648.html

according to head-fi forum they aren't fake, though the price tag is a bit suspicious.

i ordered those on 10/10 and i haven't gotten an email from them about order confirmation, shipping notification, nada ... i emailed them a few days ago but haven't gotten a response yet. although i have read that their customer service is not the greatest.. just something to consider before you order. i'll probably get my headphones eventually.

i ordered those on 10/10 and i haven't gotten an email from them about order confirmation, shipping notification, nada ... i emailed them a few days ago but haven't gotten a response yet. although i have read that their customer service is not the greatest.. just something to consider before you order. i'll probably get my headphones eventually.

see what i just received

Thanks for choosing FocalPrice.com!

Your order has been sent, the delivery time by airmail from Hong Kong Post is about 5 to 15 working days, the EMS express will be take 3-6 working days. Due to the oversea shipping need more procedure, the delivery time is just reference.

I placed my order yesterday, but added a few stuff for my sister's ipod shuffle and some tools (haha) with my order, maybe it had an influence.