Spruce and Wings&Horns!!!!

djfischer

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spruce/Wings&Horns don't have a website...but their stuff is very straight foward...nothing over the top...they concentrate on quality and cutting...to my knowledge, all the stores listed above carry their goods as well as Ships in Japan, Richard Kidd in Vancouver and Nomad and Uncle Otis in Toronto (Uncle Otis only carries Spruce)...

on a side note, to all the toronto cats, if you haven't copped the BDU pants made by Wings&Horns at Nomad yet, DO SO...the joints are ill....

Quote:

Spruce/Wings&Horns don't have a website...but their stuff is very straight foward...nothing over the top...they concentrate on quality and cutting...to my knowledge, all the stores listed above carry their goods as well as Ships in Japan, Richard Kidd in Vancouver and Nomad and Uncle Otis in Toronto (Uncle Otis only carries Spruce)...

on a side note, to all the toronto cats, if you haven't copped the BDU pants made by Wings&Horns at Nomad yet, DO SO...the joints are ill....

--- Original message by MyMindSpray on Jul 14, 2005 05:44 AM

TNT Blu also picked up the line (Wings). BDU pants are really nice, if they're the ones I'm thinking of (authentic CDN issue milspec buttons/camo material).

Edited by Circa on Jul 14, 2005 at 09:24 AM

Naw the BDU pants I saw were the same ones you saw at Nomad. The stuff at TNT doesn't run that deep, their buy consisted of only the Tees really. Tho they did have a couple more that I've never seen at Nomad.

Spruce probally make some of the illest repro vintage sweatshirts available. The marble dye process on the sleeves they did was niceness.

Wings and Horns and Spruce is available in Toronto at Nomad and Uncle Otis...

Rumor has that Caban locked down an account with spruce for spring 2006. I would like that rumor to be proved wrong immediately!

Caban will most def be carrying Spruce come 2006, maybe even fall 2005...they will not be carrying Wings&Horns, but expect their range in the Spruce line to be very extensive...(looks like Caban is pushing to be the flagship)...anyhow, i can see why Caban wants Spruce...it fits their image 100%, simple wearable clothing at a moderate to high price...and as far as Spruce's outlook goes, why not make a buck or two?...Wings&Horns will continue to be the "exclusive" line so that they're able to maintain some cred...overall, not too fond of Caban stocking one of my favorite lines, but if a Canadian company can get over, so be it, all the more power to them...

• 6 months later...

Seeing as Steven Alan represents both lines in their showroom for the US, I would imagine that they will carry the line.

Richard Kidd (who actually designed Wings & Horns, don't know about Spruce) will no longer carry the lines since RK cut off his ties with the company. Lots of retailers are dropping the line - several have told me both lines are a disappointment compared to former seasons.

Caban had Spruce last F/W already. I don't see how that was a disaster for Spruce, which sold old pretty much everywhere. Quality is quality, and people who don't buy the hype can see that. CYC is a big operation with good QC. Exclusivity and quality are not equivalent.

Quote:

Seeing as Steven Alan represents both lines in their showroom for the US, I would imagine that they will carry the line.

Richard Kidd (who actually designed Wings & Horns, don't know about Spruce) will no longer carry the lines since RK cut off his ties with the company. Lots of retailers are dropping the line - several have told me both lines are a disappointment compared to former seasons.

Caban had Spruce last F/W already. I don't see how that was a disaster for Spruce, which sold old pretty much everywhere. Quality is quality, and people who don't buy the hype can see that. CYC is a big operation with good QC. Exclusivity and quality are not equivalent.

--- Original message by LA Guy on Feb 15, 2006 07:24 PM

^ where are you getting all your information from???? icon_smile_question.gif i'd like to see Kane chime in on what you claim.

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=5508

Far as I know Caban did stock Spruce but sold out fairly quickly. Prices range, jackets were in the $4 bill region, hoods $200, t's/long sleeves $100 or so if memory serves correct. Horns I think was maybe a little less but the same ballpark. Between the two lines I prefer Wings personally. Surprised no one's mentioned Uppercut, similar gear.

Quote:

Far as I know Caban did stock Spruce but sold out fairly quickly. Prices range, jackets were in the $4 bill region, hoods $200, t's/long sleeves $100 or so if memory serves correct. Horns I think was maybe a little less but the same ballpark. Between the two lines I prefer Wings personally. Surprised no one's mentioned Uppercut, similar gear.

--- Original message by Circa on Feb 15, 2006 10:34 PM

i agree. Uppercut is definately slept on!

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=5508