Spruce and Wings&Horns!!!!

djfischer

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, all this talk on Spruce, now I really really want a Spruce slim fit hoody... Anyone knows where in NYC or SF or online that I can find them for sure?

Went to Nom de Guerre in soho, saw Spruce tees, very very impressive tees! Didn't get one coz I want a hoodie instead... They got them at their Williamsburgh location...

^

i just wash them in cold water and hang dry them.

doenst shrink

if you want shrinkage try warm water.

i wouldnt try putting it in the dryer tho cause you'll be worried that it might shrink TOO much.

I got a blue slim fit spruce hoodie coming in from fred segal tomorrow, can't wait to get it! been wanting one for so long... :D

I got my Spruce hoodie and I love it, and u gotta see and touch one to believe the quality we all talk about here (i was skeptical too, how "nice" can a "hoodie" get right?)... the zippers are especially cool!! some pics:

149471992_4ef98138e8.jpg

149474801_0e0ee519f3.jpg

149476534_9c003749c0.jpg

Ron Herman / Fred Segal in LA... They shipped it out to me, and as you prolly know, I'm in the bay area, so UPS Ground took only 2 days... :D

WHERE did you get your LW? And is it a LW hoodie? I'd love to see some pics of how it looks like.

I got it from Japan. I already tried taking pics of it for the "other" SF, and that didn't work out too well. You can see an example of what I got here (in the store section): loopwheeler.co.jp . I got a black, zip-up hoodie. I sound like a broken record but: I own tons of high-end designers label pieces and this is by far one of the most well-made pieces in my wardrobe.

I'm awaiting more info from coldrice and should be getting a LW hoodie from him soon... so I can compare the LW and Spruce... :) I can't decide between pullover or zipup though... I think I want it in that oakmeal color... :)

Awesome, and thanks for the info, I read good shit about coldrice at StyFo too... I'm gonna get one for myself and one for my gf, still deciding between zip and pullup and colors... (right now I'm feeling the oakmeal classic zipup)...

Is your black one the thinner "slim fit" or the classic version?

• 2 weeks later...

got my LW hoodies, I have some quick snapshots of my spruce and lw for those interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ayn/sets/72157594150585170/

The LW is very understated, you can't really tell it from any other hoodie, but it does have a Japanese logo at the left cuff, and a silk-screened white "LW" logo in the back. I would've preferred it logo-less... The Spruce does not have any brand/logo you can see, but the style is so unique that you can easily identify a Spruce if you know how it looks like. The Spruce is quite a bit softer and thicker than the LW. The hood on the LW is very unique (maybe they were all like that in the old days?), it's one piece that kindda wraps around, so you don't see the edge. The front of the hood also overlaps which makes it look really cool when you have it on.

Only complaint I have on the Spruce is that the part that rubs against my messenger bag is forming a few cotton balls, you can't really see them, but you can feel them if you touch it...

I saw that the zipup LW hoodies use YKK zippers, while the Spruce hoodies use RiRi...

Quote:

so which do YOU like better?

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on May 31, 2006 10:25 AM

I've only worn the LW for a few hours so far, so can't decide... But from initial impression (like when I opened the package/box) the Spruce was a lot "nicer", while the LW is a bit more plain. But then that's how they are, just different... If I can only buy one for whatever reasons I'd go with the Spruce. But really should just get both... ;)

Edited by ayn on May 31, 2006 at 10:51 AM

Quote:

anyone know what colors the loopwheeler hoodies come in?

--- Original message by wtap dat ass on Jun 1, 2006 12:48 AM

oatmeal, black, blue, and grey. black in small is out, I was gonna get black in XS and S and went with oatmeal instead. I emailed LW and was told they wouldn't be making any more hoodies until this fall as they are using their loopwheelers making t-shirts for summer.

Edited by ayn on Jun 1, 2006 at 01:14 AM