Spruce and Wings&Horns!!!!

djfischer

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Quote:

apparenlty spruce and wings & horn are widespread and very popular in europe and japan. I wasn't aware.

was in toronto today, grabbed some wings and horn stuff from nomad and tntblue.

would post pics but away from my camera. beautiful stuff though.

--- Original message by nairb49 on Feb 20, 2006 04:50 PM

i cant speak for the rest of europe, but they are virtually unknown in the uk...

--- Original message by guffer on Feb 21, 2006 03:43 AM

the duffer flagship store in london has been stocking both labels for already a few seasons now, but they charge outrageous prices (double US retail!! - don't ask me how's that possible for an authorized retailer)

i think urban outfitters in london had spruce in a few seasons back, but not anymore.

selfridges had it too, don't know if they still stock it though.

It's pretty typical. Most American brands sell for about double American retail that in the UK. Paper Denims for 165 pounds, Sevens for 199, it's crazy. London is just expensive, is all. Even English highstreet brands (FCUK, for example) is significantly cheaper in the US than in the UK. And this was even before the low dollar.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

apparenlty spruce and wings & horn are widespread and very popular in europe and japan. I wasn't aware.

was in toronto today, grabbed some wings and horn stuff from nomad and tntblue.

would post pics but away from my camera. beautiful stuff though.

--- Original message by nairb49 on Feb 20, 2006 04:50 PM

i cant speak for the rest of europe, but they are virtually unknown in the uk...

--- Original message by guffer on Feb 21, 2006 03:43 AM

the duffer flagship store in london has been stocking both labels for already a few seasons now, but they charge outrageous prices (double US retail!! - don't ask me how's that possible for an authorized retailer)

i think urban outfitters in london had spruce in a few seasons back, but not anymore.

selfridges had it too, don't know if they still stock it though.

--- Original message by misterdobalina on Feb 21, 2006 04:48 AM

yeah, i know duffer have it. also a2 in birmingham....

wanted - spruce/w&h - pm me if you are selling...

Quote:

^ indigofera?

--- Original message by hahnstch on Feb 21, 2006 06:57 AM

that's the UK distributor right? i think they do prps as well.

who needs a distribution in the UK anyways if you're better off walzing in any given US retailer and buying the gear there?

go figure you're a retailer in the UK and the distributor charges you more than US retail. that's an insult straight to the face... considering the distributor still gets 60%+ off retail from CYC.

that being said, i'm not suprised spruce and w&h is completely unknown in the UK. or europe.

I think part of the issue is that there is a huge VAT duty slapped onto any goods imported into the UK.

Our garments are NAFTA friendly, meaning within North America, there are no duties or taxes imposed during importing. I think VAT's about 16%, which is huge.

As for goods going into Japan, I don't think there's any duty for our goods going into the country; however, I do know that each garment is further hand-inspected before even hitting the warehouse.

Finally, there's the matter of volume -- another catch-22 in itself.

Now, this said, I think the European market's tough to get into. In terms of who influences whom, I see fundamental trends starting there and trickling down to Japan, and then finally into North America.

Granted, there are North American social/cultural influences that do affect the European Market, but IMHO, these are more superficial.

Edited by Kane on Feb 21, 2006 at 06:48 PM

the hoodies are nice -- however, they're essentially identical to last season's zip-ups, but made with french terry as the inside fabric instead of combed fleece. They're still quite heavyweight, though. The pricing was somewhere around $185 I believe....

• 1 month later...

So does Ron Herman or Fred Segal still have any spruce or W&H hoodies left? I want to pick up a hoody.. preferable spruce. I'm from the LA area so if you know any stores that still have some instock please send me a PM. Thanks in advance.

I checked Ron Herman and every single store in both Fred Segals (melrose, santa monica) and spruce or w&h hoodies are no where to be found. I've hit up every street wear shop I know of in LA and most of the workers haven't even heard of spruce or w&h. I guess i'll just try to order one somewhere. How do the spruce slim fit compare to AA thermal lined hoodies? I wear a small in the AA thermal hoodie so would I need a small or med in the spruce slim fit? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice fit.

My (half assed) quest to acquire spruce apparel continues with no luck. Got a heads up from Nomad on their new stock but it dropped in my junk box and by the time I checked in they'd all vanished. Here's what Zeb said:

The only Slims I got left in medium are a solid White and Dark Brown.

I also restocked the discontinued Slim Fitting Marble Dye Hoodies.

Available in medium are White/ Kelly Green, White/ Blue and Grey/

Black. These bad boys retail for $275 Cnd including applicable taxes.

Kanye Wes came in last Wednesday and bought all my XL's. These are

extremely limited and will never be reproduced so, Lemme know if you

are interested.

Quote:

just thought I'd post a pic of my Spruce hoody, it's a medium slim fit

hoody8hy.gif

this one is heavier then my other two. I have a black one and a regular heather grey one, they are butter soft

--- Original message by vinz on Apr 25, 2006 10:50 PM

Ye, I've got this in XL