Levi's 201 - 2002 vs 2007

Paul T

Just about correct - the lvc 201 use fabric from kurabo. Don't know about the mass Market ones - it's possible they're cone. Are they selvage? The 1901 weren't.

Oops, my mistake. Should have read more of this thread.

The mass market ones are selvedge.

The fabric looks quite interesting on the $98 ones; I wonder why they changed the position of the cinch?

Detail freaks will miss the distinctive, short stitch length of the original, but the one mistake - marketing, not reprodcution - I think they've made is the arcuate. They should have kept it single needle, with that terrific swooping (or gothic, as Dr Heech puts it) shape. That's the single element that gives it a different vibe - that way the jeans would be a much better gateway drug to LVC.

I heard again last week that XX would like to do more 201; but speccing up the doing a farbic run is expensive. The new range will be even wider, it's gone from 43 to 86 and now 210 items in the upcoming range.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I could be wrong here but I suspect the '0006' could refer to 2006 as the year of manufacture.

Not entirely sure what you mean by 'good measurement'

Something like this. I also got a 2007 pair which is baggy around the ass and it wont shrink. :unsure:

Weird... the pic showed up inline before?

Thanks for the pic... they are baggy - they flare out from halfway down your pelvis, but aren't baggy around the ass, but then are very straight. ALmost like 30s navy bellbottoms, but without the flare at the very bottom. Don't know what Mr Black did , but I would certainly advise getting your actual waist size - even if you do, there's still plenty of width...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks legit to me. I'm no great authority on the minutae of cinch buckles but i'm pretty sure all versions of the 20's 201's came in black aswell as the suspender & fly buttons

Hi there again.

Now what do we have here? Chinese Crap? Look at the belt buckle...

7a9159-1391445267.jpg

14de8f-1391445322.jpg

48a4b5-1391445337.jpg

Welcome to the ever declining in quality LVC.  

If those aren't real, whomever faked them spent some time getting all the current tagging and labeling right.