Team DMZ

yes whitney, it is a rite of passage for young tenderonis who feel that a double eyelid will significantly improve one's beauty, and as a result, one's ability to land a doctor or otherwise professional husband.

kthx!

I just checked, there is a fold albeit little. Maybe there's hope for me after all ;)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For every girl that actually benefits from the double eyelids, there's probably like 5 who get it and just look strange and cheap. Those $1000 backdoor outpatient jobs are usually the alien-looking girls from bumfuck that you have to push out of the way when you're in some clusterfuck peasant club just trying to get to the bar to get a drink.

DMZ ingenuity: In Hongdae there's a tiny little shop a little further down the street from 7-11 towards Sangsu that acts like an adult-lemonade stand; their little thing is that they serve all their drinks in disposable 비닐봉투 and have a regular cocktail menu, so it looks exactly like this huge Capri-sun filled with alcohol, complete with straw. More recently they came up with the genius addition of tying a piece of yarn to the bag, so you can wear the drink around your neck. I can't tell you how convenient it is to have a gin and tonic strapped to your neck when you're out on the streets, walking between the clubs. Plus when you're done with your drink and it's just ice, you can do a Begby/dismalfuture and just toss it at some random person walking by and see if anyone wants to go at it in the street.

I don't know if I'd ever do any work on my face (or body although I like em' both as is)...I'd really have to trust the surgeon not to fuck it up.

I had a port installed once for infusion, they did a kind of stitching where it didn't require thread (or it was a type of thread that would dissolve) that way there wouldn't be a scar. Over months it would fade to nothing, a thin pink line max.

Four years later and its still noticable, just a bit better.

yeah i had a surgery in korea at a hospital cause i had some tumor in my leg and the scars 5 years old and its not going away and there seems to be no sign of it going away.

but whitney you saved some good money by already having double eyelids. korean girls consider getting double eyelid surgery as going to 7 11 to buy a drink, basically its not a big deal.

After awhile you kind of get used to it (the scars). I kind of like mine actually. :P I made it my avatar. The one on my shoulder anyways.

woah that avy is your scar? no offense but at first glance at your avy, i thought it was a pic of someones butt/butthole cause the pic is kinda dark but after looking at it carefully i can tell its a scar.

has anyone ever eaten cheesy ddukbukee? man, that shit fucked me up the other night... I think it was mozzarella cheese over regular ddukbukee (some meat involved as well). Went to a place called "arang"? (right next to Kunjib).

My friend's ex is bringing Circle to New York, is that totally cheesy? Like bringing julianas to NY circa the late 80's?

Do you know it costs less to travel to atlantic city from NY ($12), than it does to go cross town in a cab with semi-traffic?

Where are Ann and Kimchigurl?

Cheese* has been a popular topping on a lot of Korean stuff for awhile now. I think it was DJ DOC or someone who had the Cheese Ramyun song way back when, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Koreans love the 고소한 맛... You have Cheese ddubokki, which is pretty standard, cheese ramyun (cheese single slice over shin ramyun), pizza dak galbi (never tried before), etc...

*Actual cheese made from live cultures was banned from import until like 1998, true story. Koreans are traditionally familiar with grated 서울우유 피자치즈 which is processed product made to resemble mozzarella, processed cheese singles, and Yakult. When they lifted the import ban on active dairy cultures though, Koreans jumped all over acidopholus yogurt but didn't catch on with cheese for awhile, and it trickled in and was only available in the basements of the two biggest department stores in Kangnam... 5 years ago it was a choice between Brie, Emmental and string cheese, 3 years ago they upped the ante and got Parmagiano Reggiano in wheels and Edam and some Babybel, and in 2007 they kinda threw down and got Cheddar into regular stores (though not all still)... Costco has huge American cheeses and Grana Padano but Costco is such a bitch to get to and has membership fees which gets to me.

Koreans don't have those choices unfortunately, and only 2 Costcos in Seoul. For Koreans, cheese, along with other products were traditionally bought on the black market (I'm serious) as takeaway from the US Army post... reeks of third-world 'hey G.I. Joe gimme candy' type shit... The Korean government has their own version of an FDA that seriously limits the amount of stuff that comes in. Oddly the Europeans manage to push their products through just as successfully as Americans, though America traditionally has a good relationship with Korea. For example, I used to have to use Persil laundry detergent (American brands are not seen over there) and my favorite toothpaste, Colgate Baking Soda w/ Peroxide, I had to buy on the black market, because Colgate-Palmolive just won't even fuck with the Korean market.

Some other things not found on supermarket shelves that must be bought at black market stores in Korea:

-deodorant (Koreans don't use it)

-fabric softener sheets (most Koreans don't have dryers though, and just walk around with stiff t-shirts)

-likewise anything related to dishwashers

-many types of liquors, particularly mixers

We just got Grey Goose and Patron officially last year, Belvedere the year before that. It's a slow process.

American tomatoes are a commodity over there, I just had my first real tomatoes in Korea in September 2007 after hoping with all my might for years...

Another interesting thing to note:

Korean potatoes come in about exactly one variety, which is like a tiny new potato and they're rock hard, so fast food chains like McDonald's have to import their fries frozen from America.

I've considered trying to blow up the spot on fish n' chips in Korea because fundamentally it'd do well and match Korean palates, but instead of the proper fish sourcing being the problem like it would be in many countries, it's the fucking potatoes that are the headache, they're wrong....

dismal thats some good info. will try to +rep. i wonder if my costco card will work over there. if you need colgate proxy service let me know.

It will actually! They treat Costco cards like driver's licenses sometimes though and depending on their mood they might make you surrender your migook one for a Korean one (free though), they look and work the same.

Korean Costco is worth a trip just for the 2,500W Bulgogi bake at the cafeteria. I've seen Korean families of 4 sharing them, replete with Costco-sized bottle of Tabasco.