Ever been hustled before?

theLorax

Once I was walking into Target. There was this girl standing outside. Late teens, early 20s, looked like a college student, she was pretty cute.

As I walk by her, she looks at me, and says, "Are you nice?" I said, "Sure, I guess".

She was holding this booklet. Took it out, and said shes trying to raise money for this group she belongs to, I was prepared to tell her no and keep walking. And she showed me magazine prescriptions she was selling. I saw they had guitar world, which I like getting because of the tablature that the issues have, and a year of issues for the price of 3 didnt sound bad.

I told her I didnt have cash and had to go to the ATM. She insisted that she come with me, and I said okay. We chatted a bit as I went and got the cash. I gave her the money and my address and that was that.

Of course I never received a single magazine. When I thought about it I cant believe I fell for it. Selling magazine prescriptions is the perfect crime since you give them money and they dont have to give you shit back. She probably asked me if I was nice because wiser people knew what she was up to and gave her attitude. I promised myself i'd never fall for that scam again. She even had a fake website of her group, and a wad of cash to make me think a lot of other people bought subscriptions too.

Just got a knock on the door. I live in an apartment complex and there's always solicitors because they can hit up a lot of people in a shorter amount of time. Normally I wouldnt have answered, but I was playing my guitar somewhat loud and I thought it was a neighbor coming to complain. It was a young guy was selling magazine subscriptions. For beer and strippers. It was an honest cause, but I had to say no. I guess its almost like you should expect that the money you give them is like a donation and that you might have a chance to actually get a magazine subscription.

I felt bad because I didnt interrupt his sales pitch and let him talk for 5 minutes before I told him no. I gave him a soda. He was thirsty from walking around all day in the sun. I'm pretty sure if I gave him my 20 dollars I woudnt have gotten any magazines. And he would have gone home to the city and I probably wouldnt have seen him again.

How have you been scammed before?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some mug just ripped me about $400 on ebay... i wanted the camera fast and he didnt have paypal so i done a bank transfer :S

but i have his (accurate - checked) full name, home address, bank account number & details, mobile phone number, house phone number...

he lives literally in a neighbouring city from me... i thought about driving round and just smashing up his shit if he doesnt come round with the money, but my pop talked me out of it and said i should take him to a small claims court.

we'll have to wait and see for the outcome

sucker!

here is my story...

In my high school time, I sorta knew a guy who was doing drugs in my school. He is a small guy whom always seem shady, but somehow we are always cool to each other..One day he was kicked out of the school for doing drugs or something (it's a boarding school). I don't have a cell phone at the time, don't know where he lives and his number.. So at the last moment, he said "dude, i am about to leave, do you need anything? any type of drugs? I can get it for you cheap and quick since i am free, no more school for me." Somehow my mind just thought about getting something.. So I went " cool! can you get me this and this?" He was like "of course, but you may have to give me money first, you know, so I can buy it and come back to give it to you".... of course, I gave him the money and never seen him since..

Ive been hustled/scammed real bad before.

Whilst I was in Vienna I got hustled/my stupidity was ooozing out my brain. I was walking around a shopping area, forget the name it was long ago, but they had a lot of brand name stores and shit there and nearby. We walk past this crowd looking at this guy play that cup cup cup stone game where he moves the cups around and you have to guess. I watched him for a good 20 minutes. So I was like fuck yeah I can do this, i had gotten the last 7 sessions correctly. So I put down a 50 euro bill and he goes I SWEAR ITS IN THE MIDDLE ONE, but just as I am about to point a lady says STEP ON THE CUP! Its too late I select the middle one and its gone somehow.

Biggest waste of money and I do not even like to gamble.

i got scammed outside a hospital pretty bad. i was outside chilling out an emergency room during pretty much the worst 4 hours of my entire life and this dude came up and gave me some story bout being in an accident far from home, having no car, no phone, all his shit was wrecked in the car, and his wife was in the hospital in ICU. I dont know if i actually bought it or just felt in a giving mood at that particular point, but i gave him a 20 ....a week later he was still there telling the same story to different people. i didn't hold it against him. despite preying on the feelings of others i figured he needed it more than i do.

still.

hustled.

Once I was walking into Target. There was this girl standing outside. Late teens, early 20s, looked like a college student, she was pretty cute.

As I walk by her, she looks at me, and says, "Are you nice?" I said, "Sure, I guess".

Fo a moment, while reading the first few lines, I thought she was going to hustle you for sex.

bought an ipod from ebay then the seller disapears... and apparently paypal only covers 150 or some shit for that? i dunno i only got about that back from it

haha my buddy got hustled by a homeless/shady looking guy for hash... my buddy bought 30$ worth of "hash" the dude just threw it in my buddies little weed bag, we get back to the car, he takes it out and its a piece of black licorice type candy. the guy played it so well he almost deserved the 30$... all cutting off pieces of it and shit to keep and bargaining like a motherfucker.

Yep..this guy. Fuck it...you live and learn.

yo superstar, those are grifters are they?

anyway, i'm a pretty skinny dude that pretty much JUST got into the denim game. i was wondering if i should get a raker or grfiter if i wanted a pretty slim fit (i dislike the baggy thing). so anyone who has a raker and/or a grifter, i would love to see some photos and comments please! thanks!

pretty sure i got slipped a counterfeit $20 a couple weeks back

i was coming out of a metro station about half an hour after a nationals game let out, wearing a nats hat (i hate them, but whatever), so dude probably bet i'd had a few

had my headphones in, and i see he's trying to tell me something

i'm a bleeding heart who hates assuming that old unwashed black guys are just trying to scam me, but i tried to give him the 'no change' and keep going

he was persistent, so i take off my phones and hear him out

he asks for a twenty in exchange for a ten and two fives, so i give him one, take his cash and turn to leave

he calls after me, waving a single

i thought he was trying to say i gave him a one by accident, so i was like forget it man

then he says, no, he actually wanted singles in exchange for one of his bills

i tell him no luck, give him back his bills, and in return get a really crisp twenty that looks and feels a bit off

i recognized right away that it wasn't the twenty i gave him, but i didn't think it mattered

it took me a couple beats to figure out something was probably up, but of course by then he was gone

i broke it on a slice of pizza first chance i got; cashier didn't give me second look

live and learn

She was holding this booklet. Took it out, and said shes trying to raise money for this group she belongs to, I was prepared to tell her no and keep walking. And she showed me magazine prescriptions she was selling. I saw they had guitar world, which I like getting because of the tablature that the issues have, and a year of issues for the price of 3 didnt sound bad.

I told her I didnt have cash and had to go to the ATM. She insisted that she come with me, and I said okay. We chatted a bit as I went and got the cash. I gave her the money and my address and that was that.

Of course I never received a single magazine. When I thought about it I cant believe I fell for it. Selling magazine prescriptions is the perfect crime since you give them money and they dont have to give you shit back. She probably asked me if I was nice because wiser people knew what she was up to and gave her attitude. I promised myself i'd never fall for that scam again. She even had a fake website of her group, and a wad of cash to make me think a lot of other people bought subscriptions too.

Just got a knock on the door. I live in an apartment complex and there's always solicitors because they can hit up a lot of people in a shorter amount of time. Normally I wouldnt have answered, but I was playing my guitar somewhat loud and I thought it was a neighbor coming to complain. It was a young guy was selling magazine subscriptions. For beer and strippers. It was an honest cause, but I had to say no. I guess its almost like you should expect that the money you give them is like a donation and that you might have a chance to actually get a magazine subscription.

I felt bad because I didnt interrupt his sales pitch and let him talk for 5 minutes before I told him no. I gave him a soda. He was thirsty from walking around all day in the sun. I'm pretty sure if I gave him my 20 dollars I woudnt have gotten any magazines. And he would have gone home to the city and I probably wouldnt have seen him again.

How have you been scammed before?

Someone tried to pull this shit on me at the mall once. I said no.

i got straight up jacked, my mom too but on a seperate occasion, by my uncles girlfriend. so when we go to mexico we usually stay at my uncles house. We had gotten there and were just getting situated when she tells us that we should just go get see the rest of the family while she fixes up our room. i think nothing of it so i go see the rest of my family, 2 days later i go to my jacket where i had $400 in one of the pockets and its gone. a couple days later she has new clothes, and new appliances for her house. i was fuckin pissed but i didnt say shit cause this is my closest uncles girl.

as for my mom she had sewn the money into a random pair of pants, she went to the market came back and the pocket she sewed up was undone and most of the cash was gone, and same story, new clothes for her and her kids, and a new tv days later. shit.

Never truly been hustled since I rarely carry cash but i've gotten the good ol' parking lot scam talk where the guys pull up to you and say they're making a delivery of stereo equipment for their boss and that the distributor gave them too many so they gotta sell them off to make a quick buck. They always say the speakers or whatever are worth thousands of dollars. I can't tell if they've stolen them or not but i'm not buying stereo equipment out of a soccer mom van.

one of those magazine girls tryed to hustle me once. i was broke at the time had no money in the bank nothing! but she looked hot so she flirted with me and i just told her naw im broke but she kept trying to flirt thinking i had billz. i was bout to yell at her but instead asked her questions like "you got a boyfriend?" then asked her if she wanted to ditch this selling shit and go hang out? she said no she cant, then i asked her for her number & she gave it to me. called her a couple times but nothing happened. another time i was in vegas the mgm grand at the slots winning some good money. some disheveled dude sits down next to me explaining how he lost all his money and his wife left him in vegas and needed some cash to get back to LA. As i sat their drining my 6th long island chain smoking ciggz rolling on extacy pressing the slot machine button i looked over at him and i gave him a dollar. he was still sitting there and said "thats it? can you help me a little more?" i told him "go play a dollar slot, you'll be just fine."

more times than i should've been.

around 300$ in dvds that i sold to a fucking singaporean friend that i went to school with who moved to singapore. fuck singapore.

on some dior jeans by some fobby fucking asian. fuck fobs. and fuck asians.

plus i always lose out on shit i sell so i pretty much get hustled by everyone. fuck everyone.

I got sold fake sneakers on ebay once. I tried to get in contact with him, but he ignored all my emails. But I tracked the dude down, got his information, fabricated another account and advertised to sell him another pair of sneakers. He agreed and paid me, so I sent him back his fake ones. Justice.

I got sold fake sneakers on ebay once. I tried to get in contact with him, but he ignored all my emails. But I tracked the dude down, got his information, fabricated another account and advertised to sell him another pair of sneakers. He agreed and paid me, so I sent him back his fake ones. Justice.

nice... pretty fucking elaborate.

i got scammed - went to a lakers/clippers game which was sold out so we hit up scalpers. this was at the old sports arena - before staples was built. if you've been there, you know its pretty ghetto there.

anyways, we agree to buy 3 floor level seats for like $40 a pop (it was like half time, so he was desperate to get rid of his stock).

we pay and get the tix - and take a closer look and 2 of them are on the floor, and one is in the fucking nosebleeds!!

anyways, luckily there were some seats open around our seats so we were able to do the 2 go first, then one goes back up w/ both tickets and then the other two come down trick...

Haha! That is fantastic! Justice indeed!

Did he try to give you a negative rep or file a case with ebay?

I was walking a London street opposite Harrods once when this dodgy guy came running out with a dozen or so gold chains in his hands, 'Quick, anyone want a gold chain for £20 before security catches me?' he shouts. Immediately loads of tourists crowd round him and within 10 seconds all his chains are sold and he goes running off into the sunset.

I could have punched myself in the fucking face for my stupidity, I bought 2.

in all honestly, ive been scammed once involving narcotics, but its bound to happen time to time...i guess im lucky that it only happened once.

dude sold me $35 worth of morphine pills, told me they were generic (cuz i didnt recognize them) and i was at his dirty house so i didnt think he would get over, but they turned out to be water pills..he'll get his in time.

Guest thesnow
dude sold me $35 worth of morphine pills, told me they were generic (cuz i didnt recognize them) and i was at his dirty house so i didnt think he would get over, but they turned out to be water pills..he'll get his in time.

Haha back in the day I was sold a bunch of gelcaps of "pure MDMA" from a reliable source, turns out they contained 100mg of morphine instead, and im not talking about time release shit.. I dont think Ive ever been that high or unable to stand for so long

We've been scammed about ten times so far at Self Edge.. every time the person has been from Singapore or Malaysia.

Therefore now, if you have an IP address from either of those two countries you get an error once you click on "shop online".

And one person living in Florida. Motherfucker bought a pair of Imperials with his mother's credit card, then his mom disputed the charges and got every penny back. We have his name, address, and all that.. He won't return our calls or emails..

He's even a SuFu user.... Xportofmiami

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/member.php?u=9275