You people are fucking delusional.

Guest Airjamie

Guest Airjamie

Im getting tired of all this talk of fashion designer as some kind of guiding beacon for social consciousness. The notion is simply absurd. You all know what im talking about "johan fancyminimalistname gestures toward an impendingly dreary urban european social climate.........by selling $500 oversized hoodies with funky zippers and black and white photos of dudes sitting on a fence". This is idiotic for some fairly obvious reasons. Sincere sociopolitical gesture are not made on te front of a $500 hoodie. Plain and simple. As the story goes with avantminimal streetfashion, it is paralleled in skurban streetwear. Yes I'm going there. Supreme doesnt give a fuck about the streets. Maybe at some point in their existence they were poor or hood enough to justify their idiot status to themselves (I obviously dont know the history of the brand, nor do i care, this is not about my knowledge of the brand) , but that time is long fucking passed. Idont give a fuck how many times they hand out to "totally credible fuh realz artists from the hood", or how many relevat femenist artists they bite to get logos, or how many totally awesome "somebody snitched" hats they make, ITS ALL A FUCKING MARKETING PLOY. Do you people honestly think they give a fuck about "the kids"? Do you? If you still think they do, go to the store, try and steal something, and see if they dont prosecute your ass. Yeah man, theyll totally let it slide cuz "they know what its like"...

My point is, you can blow smoke up these designers asses all you want, you can brainwash yourself with this "raf simons really gives a fuck about the world" bullshit all you want. You can freeassociate sociopolitical statements onto skinny jeans and oversized tonal hoodies ALL YOU FUCKING WANT. You are still a dandy and a fop. You are not any more relevant than anyone else. Just face up to it, you pay the extra money to look cool. TO LOOK COOL.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Airjamie

DD: Englands rant was over the monetary/sentimental worth of said designers. Mine is about the artistic connotations (if there are any.)

JT: Glad to see youre still as much of a useless fuck as you have always been.

man, someone must have shoved something real high up your ass for you to have to write an essay like this

jk

although i agree with what you're tryin to say here...to be frank, you're on a fashion forum where nearly 90% of all conversation that goes on here, are about which $500 hoodie or skinny jeans to buy...so whats the point?

Guest Airjamie
man, someone must have shoved something real high up your ass for you to have to write an essay like this

jk

although i agree with what you're tryin to say here...to be frank, you're on a fashion forum where nearly 90% of all conversation that goes on here, are about which $500 hoodie or skinny jeans to buy...so whats the point?

I just need to not read superfashion from now on. Shit is bad for your blood pressure.

i find myself generally in sympathy with aj's sentiment, longwinded though it may be.

for those who couldn't be bothered reading his rant, it can basically be boiled down as follows

ITS ALL A FUCKING MARKETING PLOY.

the only small change i would offer would just be to add "chumps" at the end of that sentence.

Guest Airjamie
Your rants are getting old to say the least. I know the internet breeds different personalities, but Jesus....You can't be like this in 'real' life can you?

Try me....

Guest Airjamie

And by the way golden, i think what youre trying to say is "the fact that your ideals are so at odds with mine and thats its really getting to me is getting old"

Guest Airjamie
Yeah buy aw instead because Im seriously having toast for dinner tonight. :)

AW IS DOWN WITH THE STREETS. BUY THIS SHIT KIDS. HE TURNS DOWN THE WU FOR ENDORSEMENTS ALL THE TIME.

No, I could care less if your views are different than mine, I come to expect that. My point, or my opinion, is that your recent tyraids in random threads are getting old. Not to say you're not entitled to an opinion but if you are so tired of fashion or the people on this site, then why come?

I still frequent here because I enjoy sharing and taking in knowledge from some of the posters here and yea, getting a laugh here and there in Super trash. But I couldn't imagine spending 90% of my posts to exude hate on someone or something. I'm sure this is just where you and I differ.

Guest Airjamie

Why stop at $500? Fot the mere price of 4 million richard serra will build a totally relevant and absolutely crucial 60 foot ode to whatever the fuck you want in your living room. Corporate art has real life implications...really kids.

Im getting tired of all this talk of fashion designer as some kind of guiding beacon for social consciousness. The notion is simply absurd. You all know what im talking about "johan fancyminimalistname gestures toward an impendingly dreary urban european social climate.........by selling $500 oversized hoodies with funky zippers and black and white photos of dudes sitting on a fence". This is idiotic for some fairly obvious reasons. Sincere sociopolitical gesture are not made on te front of a $500 hoodie. Plain and simple. As the story goes with avantminimal streetfashion, it is paralleled in skurban streetwear. Yes I'm going there. Supreme doesnt give a fuck about the streets. Maybe at some point in their existence they were poor or hood enough to justify their idiot status to themselves (I obviously dont know the history of the brand, nor do i care, this is not about my knowledge of the brand) , but that time is long fucking passed. Idont give a fuck how many times they hand out to "totally credible fuh realz artists from the hood", or how many relevat femenist artists they bite to get logos, or how many totally awesome "somebody snitched" hats they make, ITS ALL A FUCKING MARKETING PLOY. Do you people honestly think they give a fuck about "the kids"? Do you? If you still think they do, go to the store, try and steal something, and see if they dont prosecute your ass. Yeah man, theyll totally let it slide cuz "they know what its like"...

My point is, you can blow smoke up these designers asses all you want, you can brainwash yourself with this "raf simons really gives a fuck about the world" bullshit all you want. You can freeassociate sociopolitical statements onto skinny jeans and oversized tonal hoodies ALL YOU FUCKING WANT. You are still a dandy and a fop. You are not any more relevant than anyone else. Just face up to it, you pay the extra money to look cool. TO LOOK COOL.

Agreed, but I'm surprised there are people who actually believe that and warrant this rant? :confused:

Why stop at $500? Fot the mere price of 4 million richard serra will build a totally relevant and absolutely crucial 60 foot ode to whatever the fuck you want in your living room. Corporate art has real life implications...really kids.

I'll sell you a photo of my penis with the word "SOCIETY" written on it in Helvetica for $20.

can't rep you, servo..though I dont remember repping you recently...

I'll tatoo the SUPREME logo on the inside of my eyelid and film it and sell you the tape for $10.

Once I'm dead it will be worth millions. You could have a whole show if you can get a hold of Airjamie's exclusive piece, "Society is a Phallice."

Guest Airjamie
No, I could care less if your views are different than mine, I come to expect that. My point, or my opinion, is that your recent tyraids in random threads are getting old. Not to say you're not entitled to an opinion but if you are so tired of fashion or the people on this site, then why come?

I still frequent here because I enjoy sharing and taking in knowledge from some of the posters here and yea, getting a laugh here and there in Super trash. But I couldn't imagine spending 90% of my posts to exude hate on someone or something. I'm sure this is just where you and I differ.

This is absolutely wrong. I post just as much positive as i do negative. When people are talking out their ass, I'm going to shut them up, or atleast attempt to. I enjoy this forum as much as anyone, and the people on is surprisingly. My recent Tirades have simply been pointing out the bitch made backlash against another members style, not based on his style, but on his views of others. This is not sharing and taking knowledge, this is simply pussy hurt feelings coming to a head. If you want to bitch me out for my defense of jmatsu, do it in chat edition where you can avoid making such an ass of yourself.

Guest Airjamie
I'll sell you a photo of my penis with the word "SOCIETY" written on it in Helvetica for $20.

Can you put that on atshirt? If not theres really no point, the only reason for having values is so i can screen them on cotton.