Goodbye Stuck on Stupid....

digital_denim

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy shit.

I was supposed to sell him a pair of jeans. I held them for him and everything while he said he was getting money lined up, then he stopped replying to pm's.

Wonder if being fairly nice about it saved my ass from getting scammed and he moved onto the next.

Guest Chocodove2

Seemed like an alright guy honestly. But now he has my $73 and who knows how much from everyone else. Sure, it's only money...but really. Just not cool.

Guest Chocodove2

Well I have first name, last name, city of residence, and former place of employment...but honestly for $73 I'm not going to go crazy finding him. Paypal is at the mercy of the credit card companies, so as long as you used a card with good buyer protection (like AMEX) you should. As long as I get my money back I'm fine, I'm not going to go after the guy. Guess he just has some problems or whatever. Just don't like being robbed. If anyone used a Paypal balance or direct bank transfer you could be screwed...

Well, you all know that he lives in Toronto and can probably dig up some other information on him........

Did ANYONE that bought stuff from him ever get it? If so, you probably have a return address.

pretty good scheme, actually.

join forum

post for a year and drop enough infantile humor to become popular

sell a couple of items to establish cred (this gets around feedback systems too)

sell a bunch of items all at once for the scam

get banned

sign up again under new name and repeat. or move on to other forums and repeat. or both...

He wanted my supreme stuff but he kept flaking (happended twice).

He couldn't send money by paypal or gcheckout b/c he didnt have a credit card.

He was going to western union me some money but i was like eh.

I guess he was sketchy

Guest Chocodove2
How much did the people who paid him lose?

I'm out $73, Mongo6150 is out $150, and from the other thread I assume Beatle is out the same as me. Not sure about Scais or if there were others.

JERRY: Hey, so where's my sneakers?

KRAMER: That's what I wanna know.

JERRY: What do you mean?

KRAMER: Well, I saw Mom and Pop this morning, but when I went by the store on my way home? The place was empty. Everything is gone. Mom and Pop - vrooop - vanished.

JERRY: So all my sneakers are gone?

KRAMER: I'm afraid so. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've been asking around - they didn't even have any kids.

JERRY: Mom and Pop aren't even a Mom and Pop?!

KRAMER: It was all an act, Jerry. They conned us, and they scored, big time.

ELAINE (amused): So. Mom and Pop's plan was to move into the neighborhood...establish trust...for 48 years. And then, run off with Jerry's sneakers.

KRAMER: Apparently.

join forum

post for a year and drop enough infantile humor to become popular

sell a couple of items to establish cred (this gets around feedback systems too)

sell a bunch of items all at once for the scam

get banned

sign up again under new name and repeat. or move on to other forums and repeat. or both...

you'd pretty much have to be lowlife scum to do this and think it's worth your time/effort