Hair Thread

qom

Shit, im a rinser. When I do wash it, ill try leaving it in.

Damn, thanks guys. I had no idea. Ive been washing my hair like a mad man for the past week and a half. Im going to try this out and see how it goes.

And thanks for the suggestion DUM im going to try some of that out. I still cant figure out how dus keep their fros so perfectly nappy that it looks clean.

On top of this, when washing your hair try turning down the heat. Hot water drys your scalp out - when shampooing/conditioning use cold water.

Fuck yes. I finally grew my hair out to the length and thickness I wanted. Now its an awesome tousled, side-parted 'do that looks like those italian dudes you see on sartorialist / tumblr etc. You can see in the pic below that my hair has texture, a nice amount of volume and is completely matte.

Hair-3rdAug2011.jpg

The trick is to blow dry before applying wax, blow dry after applying wax to get lift and volume, then apply hairspray with your fingers (for more precision) and then a final blow dry to set the hair in place.

Sounds like a Patrick Bateman hair care routine but I got my technique down and it takes me only 10 mins to do everything.

i don't know or trust any barbers around here, so will probably bring netbook and pop open a photo on the screen (3)

i'm tried of going in and asking for taper on the side and head out, then being told there is no difference prior to my haircut...rip off

aiight, everyone's on short sides and long top.

anyone rock the reverse? or same length all-over?

augustana_sweetandlow480.jpg

tempted to chop what i've got on top to match the sides then go from there.

i've got thin, wavy, white-boy hair. thoughts?

my hair atm

i really need help.

not psychiatric this time, at least.

well i said i was growing my hair natural and all... so that's what i've been doing for a while. but i kindda want a change.

mostly for color. as for cut, i really wouldn't know what to do right now...

my hair right now:

dirty blonde and blonde at the tips

6026153725_2f407d285f.jpg

i sorta miss brown hair...

5547741789_45d508b0b6.jpg

and i also really like that color... but that would mean to keep my hair like it is, and the tips would probably be that color and it would be less colorful on the roots..

http://www.manicpanic.com/besthaircolor/prettyflamingo.html

so you know how like dudes get like stars and other corny shit shaved into their heads

i saw some kid in sf the other day with the golden gate bridge shaved into his head

did a double take

idk maybe late pass but i never seen that before

I see hood ass kids doing that all the time, this kid has a fucked up fade.

Picture8-1.png

The best one to date, was I seen a dude on the bart years ago. With Mac Dre shaved onto his head. It was classic because you can tell it was done like 3 weeks ago.

I see hood ass kids doing that all the time, this kid has a fucked up fade.

Picture8-1.png

The best one to date, was I seen a dude on the bart years ago. With Mac Dre shaved onto his head. It was classic because you can tell it was done like 3 weeks ago.

lol dang looked better than that kid

idk just never seen it before, not as elaborate as this kids golden gate bridge, mostly just corny shapes like i said stars and diamonds and what not

was he a ginger? cause thatd be sweet.

nah some mexican kid in the mission, but i see where you're going there

(10)?

You print the picture or show it to your barber on a phone or something....

You guys are really dropping the ball on this ahahah. I am perfectly aware of how one shows a 'picture' to a barber in order to get a desired style. I am literally asking: how would one verbally tell his barber to cut ones sides in a manner identical to the aforementioned picture?