Hair Thread

qom

Just wanted to stop by and say that the haircut on Jimmy Darmody (pictured, right) in Boardwalk Empire is the ducks nuts, it looks so fucking good in the show like 98% of the time. BE is steezy as fuck: costumes, sets, dialogue.

I was catching up on the last few episodes this morning, and thought the same exact thing...i'm envious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that guy's side hair is deceptively long. (maybe not cause his sideburns seem short...)

In any case, I've found with Asian hair, if you're side is too short, it ends up stubbornly sticking outward as opposed to laying flat on the side of your head (as you may have experienced), unless you're applying boatloads of product to the sides.

something like this:

http://toj.pixi.me/v/toj0_anniversary/g+transistor.jpg.html

ps - my hair has been stinking lately due to not washing with conditioner/shampoo

am i correct in thinking that no product on hair = it grows faster?

I've never heard of the no product = hair grow thing. The thing about using products on an everyday basis, is that you wash out the natural oils that your hair needs. And if you wash them out as much as most people do, you end up with not so healthy looking and feeling hair.

How often do you wash your hair?

Most people say 2-3 times a week is a good amount of washings. I usually do 1 - 3, depending on how I like my hair.

And for those looking to get the Jimmy Darmody style, by using pomade, stick to something light.

Royal Crown, Sweet Georgia Brown (purple can,) Deluxe, or Black and White will keep your hair light enough to style it that way.

longest i didn't wash my hair with shampoo/conditioner was 2 weeks

i got some gatsby pink rubber (shoutout to DaBestSpoona) that i've been using to just comb my hair back

what water-soluble pomade do you recommend, stunt? i wash my hair out everyday

If you don't mind not having a sheen to your hair, then Layrite.

The thing about water soluble pomades, is that they're expensive, and using on a daily basis can get expensive.

Since you wash it out everyday, and use more everyday, you go through a tub sooner than you would a regular pomade.

That's why I think the 32oz tub of Layrite is worth the price. Beats buying multiple of the regular size ones for $15-18 (depending where you buy it.)

^ i kopped out and bought la bella (SP?) pomade on the cheap just to try :(

I really want to try Layrite...where in the bay can i buy 32oz (thanksgiving vacation will go back to the bay). Also want to try "Enjoy" Cream Pomade as I had success with their wax.

G/F also "made" me chop off hair so now its fauxhawk again :((

Well out of all the products available to me and being water soluble since I rinse hair daily, the 4oz tub was right for the price point.

AXE at $8 was the only other relevant option while other tubs < 4oz cost 17-20 dollars.

I was suggested to try DAX but tbh, I was not digging the smell, nor was she. However, DAX probably is the cheapest though.

She loves the fauxhawk/messy-do, and I cant say I dislike it either =\

will TRY AGAIN next time w/ long hair

and the la bella is water soluble and cost me $3 . .

^ i kopped out and bought la bella (SP?) pomade on the cheap just to try :(

I really want to try Layrite...where in the bay can i buy 32oz (thanksgiving vacation will go back to the bay). Also want to try "Enjoy" Cream Pomade as I had success with their wax.

G/F also "made" me chop off hair so now its fauxhawk again :((

The Wak Shack on lower Haight has the 32oz tub. But not in the super hold. And Johnny Ds out in San Jose has em both.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that guy's side hair is deceptively long. (maybe not cause his sideburns seem short...)

Not a pomp or anything, just brushed back.

His hair on the sides are probably an inch to and inch and a quarter on the sides. At most. And two and a fourth/half near the front (if that) and 2ish toward the back.

IMG_3325-1.jpg

Been lurking on SF for a few days now, first post.

What should I do with my hair?

I've had it similar to this since 8th grade, I'm almost done with high school now, looking for something new.

Edit: People have been giving me shit for it lately because of the similarity to Justin Bieber's hair. So yeah, any style but this really.