Hair Thread

qom

so i got my hair cut on wednesday. very satisfied even though it's pretty typical of what i often get...maybe a bit short than usual

8530295392_4ee69b9308_c.jpg

side 1: http://farm9.staticf...eb6fa2414_c.jpg

side 2: http://farm9.staticf...ae78c638d_c.jpg

that's the second to last haircut i will get from this woman. am sad i'll have to find someone new, but hopefully in time i can find someone just as good.

also definitely digging the hair timber. looks awesome.

edit: also i find it annoying that this thread and the hair products one are separate. i mean i get that they aren't exactly the same thing, but they could at least be in the same forum

Edited by wurm

My side part only looks good with a #2 on the side and about 3" on top or so.

I am still jaded a bit since my ex said the side part was bad (perhaps she meant on me), she just didn't understand = \

When it use to be longer

7123450977_1c8d2f4191_n.jpg

6977388414_5abcc0a53b_n.jpg

I dig wurm's side part where it sort blows up nonchalantly and flows downward at the same time. My hair is naturally dry / fine though my barber says i have a bit of curl. i don't believe the curl part...

Need haircut bad right now. When the sides grow out its like Wolverine

wurm do you do anything to your hair like add product when you sweep it to the side? i like the added texture otherwise i jsut rinse my hair and push everything to the side before leaving the office. it usually ends up flat and dry looking i think by mid day and falls in my face sort of. or do you just keep brushing your hair to the side throughout the day, i dgaf

Edited by gettoasty

^^i stopped shampooing for a while and just used my natural oils. but now i'm back to shampooing every 3 days or so and wow i can't believe how greasy i was letting my hair get in retrospect...didn't look good even though i thought it did for some reason. i've been using a bit of sumotech in the morning and it kinda works, but with the heat/humidity here it doesn't last that long in the day. if it's warm enough my sweat is better at holding it haha (...but seriously). with the product i just mix a little dab (~pez sized) in really well in the front, top and sides.

right now i can easily readjust it with one or two motions, which i have to since it's always really windy on my way to class. it's more problematic when it grows out and i don't really have a solution. it's extremely fine/soft, and it can get quite disheveled and so i'm constantly messing with it while walking around campus, and never quite getting it right. more product might work but would probably affect the appearance more than i want. if i'm to believe others, i should feel really lucky for having the hair i do, but that aspect of it can really annoy me sometimes.

my sumotech is almost out so i ordered tigi bed head matte. seems to be similar to/the same as sumotech (hoping it last longer), but cheaper and my stylist said it didn't really matter what product i use in my hair. anyway, getting too much into hair products i think. i'll post about it in that thread when i start using it.

Nice cut. I think the idea of having separate threads is avoid needing to wade through five pages of "omg which pomade do i use" before you find a single haircut photo.

yeah, true. they should still be in the same subforum though imo.

i have moderately long hair (8 or so inches) and i will sometimes wear pigtail buns cause i do what the fuck i want

hey, what do you guys do with your side burns when growing your hair long? mine's around my chin level, and side burns are natural right now. it's totally fine when just let down, but when i push my sides behind my ears to make it look more upkept or clean, the side burns look super long and kinda ruin the clean look. do you guys just shave them off or cut them short (but that requires a maintenance that i would have liked to avoid...)

thanks

cool.

Just cut my hair, wolverine no more. Went high and tight this time.

I got a low skin fade a a few weeks ago before this last one and mine was somewhere along the lines of spider man news boss J. Jonah Jameson, not a straight up flat top but close. I usually ask to leave it full up through the sides though.

Here's my grandma and me when I was like 4. I think it'd be pretty cool if I could get my hair back to this again. It's not that color anymore though.

14l0a50.jpg

i think your hair looks like that when youre a kid cause its so thin/fine.

also babies are usually always cute so they can make any hairstyle look good.

For sure, pretty much got that, I just want it back.

Right now it's actually kind of similar to that if I part it, it's just way thicker and shorter on the sides now, the top looks longer in that picture but it's close. Now my hair is slightly wavy, dark brown and the thickness is on some levels. I'm not complaining, what I have now is basically ideal hair for anyone, just little kid hair rules.

Got a skin fade last Thursday and since it's grown out a bit it's one of my favorite cuts I've had in a while, maybe ever. Been getting skin fades for like the past 8 months now, saw 'The Tree of Life' and I had to have a haircut like Pitt sports in that movie, I think buzzed sides suit my head shape well when the sides and back are left full to add girth to my tall skinny head, it's not weird tall/skinny, just the weight up top works better for me. Used to get a part cut in, keep it even on both sides now, can part it if I want still.

Got the top flattened out in back and left it longer towards the front last week, that was the first time the top was touched since I buzzed it all off in Jan. Going for a James Dean-esqe style, pretty confident that this one will grow out to be something pretty close to what he had.

Was skinned on the sides last week, almost a 2 now or so, my hair grows scary fast so I'll find out soon enough if it's what I'm going for, I'll need to cut it again once it's long but I'm trying to get it as long as I can before that happens.

30nk6lc.jpg

Top picture is from minutes ago, bottom is from late Oct, one of the last cuts before I buzzed it all off, about as long as it ever got with that parted fade I kept for so long.

Edited by bargerhm

Just go have it done there. I'm pretty sure all barbers have to be certified to legally work at a shop.

The dudes who cut my hair live out in the fucking sticks here in MO, not too far outside a college town but I can be on some roads that some would call the middle of nowhere in like 20 minutes, just how it is around here. I would guess that they don't share a similar perspective regarding personal style compared to myself but they still know how to do a damn good fade.

It's about knowing what to ask for, not the barber shop you go to. Sure execution comes into play but like I said, they're all licensed professionals, some will be better than others but what I'm saying is that you can get a faded side part at any barber shop. It looking how you had in mind depends on how you communicate to them how you would like your hair to be cut.

makes sense, thanks. i haven't been to a barber shop since i was kid i guess. will try to get before / after pics up. I also picked up some imperial fiver pomade and have been liking it so far for when i part my hair. its pretty matte and has surprisingly good hold

I never started going to a barber shop until last year either.

Seems like to me that it's better to find a girl you know that works in a salon for longer cuts and the barber shops better for anything that is buzzed, both can do anything really but barber shops tend to result in cleaner, shorter cuts for me at least

Edited by bargerhm