Hair Thread

qom

everyone always cries about the price of pomade/similar hair products. i've never really understood it - even a jar of the 'expensive' stuff (uppercut) will still last months and months.

agreed... what's $5-10 more for a product that will make your hair look significantly better for months? a lot of folks pay heavy for haircuts and even get them frequently like 2-3 weeks. in comparison a product is cheap as fuck yet can sometimes almost have the same positive impact as a haircut. my hair when medium length looks dam dull without any product - but with it, it's a whole different beast.

Edited by Ecotrons

^^^ see, when i had my underxcut i was trying to find a product that would let my hair fall if my moved my head too fast or leaned over ala james darmody in boardwalk but couldnt find anything, all the stuff i used made my hair hard and crunchy.

if you want that kind of 'effect' a clay or paste would be much more suitable than pomade.

tumblr_mg392aaiRp1qaavwfo1_500.jpgtumblr_mg392aaiRp1qaavwfo2_500.jpg

always had super long hair due to childhood trauma involving my mother drunk and having too much fun with an electric buzzer when i was 11, but now i've had j-horror style hair for too long and need to find something else to do with it

my chubby baby fat cheeks won't work with a bob tho

i dunno what to do

help me, internet

Anyone has got pics of a hairstyle that is undercut, but the transition from the shaved/very short sides to top is a little more gradual, as opposed to the harsh transition that is more common?

Anyone has got pics of a hairstyle that is undercut, but the transition from the shaved/very short sides to top is a little more gradual, as opposed to the harsh transition that is more common?

isnt this just a extreme jugend? my sister has this haircut. 561466_4338542534527_491736067_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Question for dudes with long hair (more specifically those with slight waves/curves), how do you guys cut your hair? I feel like any layering done to it can make a haircut mad feminine instantly.

Another question, but directed to just guys in general, how do you guys deal with male balding? I was watching Wilfred the other day and damn, Ejiah, whoo...

Apparently there are tips and tricks guys do their hair for that.

nice glad to hear somebody else is trying it out!

in case anybody wants to see how its going for me, this is maybe 2 months in. i washed it maybe 2 hours ago with baking soda, this is with no product at all in it

5MCNp.jpg

sweet texture brah!!

i had itchy scalp/dandruff. baking soda fixed both.

i use redken matte finish wax sometimes, not often though. other than that nothing

tried this end of last year then got a haircut before christmas - got my hair washed and shampooed and after that it all went to shit. my scalp was so itchy and i started having rashes and whatnot. now i'm back to my regular shampoo. might give it another try and tell em not to shampoo my hair next time :(

the chemist inside me tells me that the difference in pH between both extremes is just too much. i don't want another weird reaction, it was quite painful

so i've been sort of doing the baking soda + water thing. that said, it's really hard to work with so i put a bit of shampoo into the bottle too. i try to use it only about once a week but sometimes i just feel like i really need to wash my hair sooner than that. i've been doing this for like 6 weeks. i don't really put in product anymore unless it's like the day i wash my hair cause then my hair needs something in it or it's just really flat and dull.

even before i did this i cut down on my shampooing a lot. i highly recommend at least trying it and seeing what happens.

i've been getting the same haircut for a while now and am possibly ready to try something new. i just don't really know what to do. this is about 5 weeks since my last haircut. i don't plan on getting another one for a month or so but want to have some ideas. sorry for the crappy macbook pics but the best i can do for the time. fwiw, i have really soft hair. i get lots of compliments for it, but it's very sensitive to wind and light movement so can get messed up pretty easily.

8406206905_d6dbc72ee9_z.jpg

moreeeeee piccccsss

Edited by wurm

• 1 month later...