F/W 07-08 Buys

goldengloves

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed to learn that the new Augusta cordovan boots at Atelier cost 2K+

Yea....sucks! They have some of the most interesting leather treatments aside from CCP. Those Dark cordovan boots are up there for my favorite boot...but alas, 2G is just too much..

Anyone seen pricing or better pics of those Dior dropped crotch pants and the black jacket w/ white swirly shit on it from F/W 07? I saw one pic of the dhoti-like pants that goldengloves posted and it didn't really impress me :( Didn't see them at Barneys so I was kinda confused.

00010f.jpg

was just browsing again... This one is fantastic. Golden do you have it? How much was the damage ($$)?

I'm looking for it in black but i haven't been able to find it yet. I think Barneys is supposed to get them in though. :) They run $730 or so.

i would buy those boots if they are around $1000.. $2000 is absurd.

I agree. If they were that price they would be a really nice boot! But it's not $2000 nice.

Anyone seen pricing or better pics of those Dior dropped crotch pants and the black jacket w/ white swirly shit on it from F/W 07? I saw one pic of the dhoti-like pants that goldengloves posted and it didn't really impress me :( Didn't see them at Barneys so I was kinda confused.

00010f.jpg

They have all the items you are interested in at Isetan in Shinjuku. The black jacket is a double-breasted jacket with white paint hand painted on it. It's incredible, but at the same time, I can't help but think that you could easily do it yourself to achieve the same effect. The jacket is $3000+. All the trousers/pants for 07/08 are high quality, very sturdy, rough wool or wool blends. I actually really like this fall's collection; for many basic items, there is more variety in the material. They also had a chester field inspired coat in a hemp/rough-cross stitch material that was really interesting.

As for those augusta boots and people claiming CCP is the next-jesus. I honestly can't understand why people would buy shoes at that price and not get bespoke or have such extreme creasing on the front-toe. For me, the creasing looks extremely ugly. And you'll always have to explain to the hot girls why your boots are so fucked up like you can't walk properly...

As for those augusta boots and people claiming CCP is the next-jesus. I honestly can't understand why people would buy shoes at that price and not get bespoke or have such extreme creasing on the front-toe. For me, the creasing looks extremely ugly.

Eh, it's all personal preference in the end.

They have all the items you are interested in at Isetan in Shinjuku. The black jacket is a double-breasted jacket with white paint hand painted on it. It's incredible, but at the same time, I can't help but think that you could easily do it yourself to achieve the same effect. The jacket is $3000+. All the trousers/pants for 07/08 are high quality, very sturdy, rough wool or wool blends.

Thanks I think I'm gonna pass on the jacket, especially if its double breasted. Pants sound great though, I'll try to track them down in NYC.

went to atelier today and tried on RO hi tops...they are fucking so sick, I dont how people could be bashing em, the soles are chunky and shit, but they look and feel so good. They even got in the hi heeled boots which one of the sales dudes were wearing already, looked pretty good, but i dont know whos going to pull them off.

whats going on at seven tomorrow morning? i heard the SA saying something like its going to be crazy there or some shit.

i know i should camp out with skateboard in tow, and lawnchair and shit, i wanted to get the jeremy scott oversized t today, but i think i need to save monies for cabrides (mad expensive).

which t-shirt? JeremyScott_Fall2007_HappyDaze_16.jpg

that one??