F/W 07-08 Buys

goldengloves

Nylon Guys is so weird, they have kidrobot sneakers next to $900 Lanvins and ecko tees next to a Margiela one. I'm all for versatility but I think some sort of a uniformity in style would be good :P

I think Nigo doesn't have many close friends so buying stuff makes him feel good. I also kind of felt bad for him after reading that, without really knowing more then that about him. weird.

how was HE, worth sourcing? (N/A here)

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nylon Guys is so weird, they have kidrobot sneakers next to $900 Lanvins and ecko tees next to a Margiela one. I'm all for versatility but I think some sort of a uniformity in style would be good :P

I think that kind of speaks towards their EIC, marvin jarett whatevs... that guy kindof seems like he's all over the place...not in a good way (unlike westcyde)...

Ouch, yea I figured Junya would be expensive especially since his Womenswear is up there.

mr gloves, comme boutique sa says that the black zip trousers you are looking for were not purchased by them. something close to the design aesthetic has not shipped yet but once it does if i remember i'll pm you what it's like. the price will be between 550-600 usd and you also might wanna check harputs market in san francisco as they bought many pieces as well.

mr gloves, comme boutique sa says that the black zip trousers you are looking for were not purchased by them. something close to the design aesthetic has not shipped yet but once it does if i remember i'll pm you what it's like. the price will be between 550-600 usd and you also might wanna check harputs market in san francisco as they bought many pieces as well.

Thank you for the help man and if you could pm me, I would very much appreciate it. I'd love to get it from the Comme boutique so I can skip good ol' sales tax. :D

I think Nigo doesn't have many close friends so buying stuff makes him feel good. I also kind of felt bad for him after reading that, without really knowing more then that about him. weird.

I actually liked him more after reading the article. Considering that he hangs out with all these rappers I figured him for the type that fell ass backwards into money and just buys shit to show it off. But now I feel like he simply a type of otaku, and I can identify with that. Like.... he doesn't collect because he's rich, he became rich so he could collect.

Haha, nah, I didn't buy any of it, just took thier pics of the site.

I agree with you though, nothing there is really too exciting (jeans are really expensive on matches). I like the Raf mainline more and it seems you get a little more for your money with the mainline as well.

im suprised there has been no mention of this seasons jil sander stuff yet

i took a peek in the chicago store recently and there was some great stuff. also picked up a mens collection book; it seems like raf focused cleaner more "integrated with the jil sander aesthetic" looks for jil sander, while going all out in his own collection

but make no mistake, there are some varied anthracite/wool knits, and some other more radical pieces(in both price and design, 900 dollar interchangeable turtleneck/hooded knit)

a few things that really stand out to me are the couple of shearlings which have some great designs to them, alot of the knitwear, and the new slim 19cmish fit without the darting denim

the shoes are very clean, and the one sneaker and its mirror calf leather detailed deviation is unmistakably a raf simons designed sneaker

No pictures, but I went today to check out Mario's (Seattle) first buy of Number (N)ine.

Pocket t-shirts with unfinished edges for around $200, a graphic t-shirt for around $200, a dress shirt, two (cashmere?) sweaters, heavy wool vest, heavy wool tailored jacket, heavy wool.. peacoat? (I forget the last one but I'm pretty sure they had another piece in the same wool.) The wool was really nice with a chunky texture. They also got two styles of the slim jeans; a black one as well as a grey one in an interesting not so denimy fabric.

Unfortunately, though, the smallest size they got was 3 so everything was way too big for me. Because the guy helping me to told me that the jeans were the smallest thing they have in the store (the size 3 waist size being, I believe, around 32), I'm pretty worried about what their Rick Owens buy is going to look like.

im suprised there has been no mention of this seasons jil sander stuff yet

i took a peek in the chicago store recently and there was some great stuff. also picked up a mens collection book; it seems like raf focused cleaner more "integrated with the jil sander aesthetic" looks for jil sander, while going all out in his own collection

but make no mistake, there are some varied anthracite/wool knits, and some other more radical pieces(in both price and design, 900 dollar interchangeable turtleneck/hooded knit)

a few things that really stand out to me are the couple of shearlings which have some great designs to them, alot of the knitwear, and the new slim 19cmish fit without the darting denim

the shoes are very clean, and the one sneaker and its mirror calf leather detailed deviation is unmistakably a raf simons designed sneaker

Man I wish there was a Jil store here in LA. I'm actually looking forward to seeing some of the pieces this season as they look great from the runway show.

Cd1- Any chance you might be able to post some pictures of the collection book?

(hopefully Barneys will have some stuff to check out)

wait, mario's is picking up number (n)ine and rick owens? are you fucking kidding me? those brands are the absolute antithesis of what that store stands for. weird. i'll have to check it out when i go back home. how much are the jeans?

i'm definitely going to have to hit them up during sales time...

wait, mario's is picking up number (n)ine and rick owens? are you fucking kidding me? those brands are the absolute antithesis of what that store stands for. weird. i'll have to check it out when i go back home. how much are the jeans?

i'm definitely going to have to hit them up during sales time...

I know. It's absolutely bizarre. They also got Margiela and Issey Miyake. Apparently Yohji Yamamoto is also on its way. Unfortunately, just like Butch Blum, the clients they focus on are larger guys who buy absolutely conservatively. Because so many of these brands want only one account per city, the smaller (or less conservative) Seattle people get screwed.

The jeans were around $320. The grey stretch jeans were really cool but oh so huge.

Unfortunately, though, the smallest size they got was 3 so everything was way too big for me. Because the guy helping me to told me that the jeans were the smallest thing they have in the store (the size 3 waist size being, I believe, around 32), I'm pretty worried about what their Rick Owens buy is going to look like.

Komakino has a lot of the same stuff and some additional N(N) stuff, sizes 1 to 5... and the prices are actually fairly normal, I think.

I know. It's absolutely bizarre. They also got Margiela and Issey Miyake. Apparently Yohji Yamamoto is also on its way. Unfortunately, just like Butch Blum, the clients they focus on are larger guys who buy absolutely conservatively. Because so many of these brands want only one account per city, the smaller (or less conservative) Seattle people get screwed.

The jeans were around $320. The grey stretch jeans were really cool but oh so huge.

the jeans are cheaper this season for some reason. before they were like $500, which was retarded.

i'm really interested in seeing how well number (n)ine and rick owens will do in seattle. doesn't seem like there would be many buyers of the line, which is good for me since i'll be buying all of it during sales time ;). there must be a new buyer at marios because all they had before was prada, zegna, and hugo boss with some brioni and kiton suits in the back. i wonder if they're trying to change the image of the store. i wonder if bill gates will pick up any number (n)ine stuff (ya right) when he drops his regular $30k a week at marios (no joke).

butch blum sucks. i stopped by and their cdg and ann d stuff was terrible.

• 2 weeks later...
i too am keen to hear this..

did anyone have any luck sourcing the shoe in another c/w?

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2007/08/y-3.html

I went back to Mario's today to check out their Rick Owens buy. They had some wonderful tailored pieces, a double breasted coat (I think it was double breasted, anyway), a hooded grey leather jacket, shirts, various drkshdw jeans (waxed black, dirty, I think another? About $350-390 I think), drkshdw long sleeve t-shirt ($175) in a dusty color and black.. I think that was about it. Nice stuff but medium/30 waist was the smallest they got, unfortunately. They also now have some great Numebr (N)ine slim cords.

It seems that the buyer of this stuff is a newer guy, Jonathan Richards (not John in the Morning John Richards.) He began working there last September and his official title is the "modern" buyer. I talked to him today and he's a really nice guy with a good vision for this stuff. He said that both Rick Owens and Number (N)ine have been doing pretty well; Rick Owens came in just last week and they've already sold one of the coats, one of the leather jackets, and some other pieces. They've sold several Number (N)ine pieces as well. He said that he could also probably do special orders for smaller Number (N)ine sizes.