I J F

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

is this at all holts?

--- Original message by showbiz00ditc on Jul 31, 2005 04:27 PM

I bought my pair today at the Bloor St. location. They don't seem to even know that the item has been marked down so it's not on the sale rack and hasn't been marked down at all. I only knew because someone else told me about it after they bought a pair at Sherway. So I got them to price check it, and they confirmed it was indeed marked down.

They still had a lot left, but most were size 34 and I think a 31....

Hope that helps...

Let me save you all the mistake of going to Holt Renfrew for nothing.

Nudies are NOT on sale. They were on sale a couple of weeks ago but NOT at $80 CAD. I'm not calling anybody a liar but whoever got their jeans got it by ERROR.

I just came back from Sherway which has NO STOCK and Bloor which has two stacks sitting at a nice hefty regular price of $199 CAD + TAX. I confirmed with the Korean girl working the counter and her floor supervisor. NO SALE and NEVER for $80 CAD.

If it's too good to be true...

"thrust, kill, destroy, stress"

Sorry Im new to this...so I dont know proper posting ettiquette or how to really even do this stuff so bear with me.

I just read above...and no it wasnt at all holts...I went to Yorkdale and Bloor St. shortly after and they were not priced like that...I have no idea why...but it was on other dates.

I dont know how it worked but who ever mentioned that they were cheap...was right...I didnt find em for $80....but they were under $100 before tax!

I guess I got lucky then....

But I don't think it was an error..at least not a one time error..

The first one my friend bought was from Sherway, and it was at $100 CAD...(marked down from $300 to $200 to $150 and finally at th price he bought it at)

A week later, I went to Sherway and found another pair. I bought it right away and to my surprise, they told me the item in the system was marked down a further 20% because of further reductions....

Yesterday, when I went to Bloor, I was looking to buy for someone else. When I saw that they weren't marked down, I asked for a price scan. In their system, it showed up at $80, so I snatched it up right away.

I'm not surprised that the salespeople you asked said that the item was not on sale, because I was told the same thing yesterday. They said it was never on their list of markdown items. But after the price scan, they were obligated to charge me the reduced price.

As an aside, the $199 ones you are referring to are the grey drycast ones...those aren't on sale. The only ones that were are the $299 dry salvage ones...I know, I got them to scan all the different dry models..

In any case, sorry if I led anyone on a wild goose chase...but I did get a couple of pairs cheap and was only trying to share the info. I guess they fixed their "error" since yesterday...

^ Was it the korean chick at the counter? When I was in the Nudie section she immediately blurted out "hi there, the nudies aren't on sale". That makes it 3 people who visited today to confront them on the reduced price. I tried to make them feel bad and all by telling them I drove all the way down from Mississauga and all - no dice. They are actually interested in finding out who sold them for the reduced price and told me to send that person back with the receipt. Of course, that ain't happening eh bokbok? ;)

well... i called sherway... and they said they do have the sale... but they dont have many sizes left... the guys calling out to edmonton's holts... (where the last 32 is)... and he's getting them shipped to the sherway store and their gonna be put on hold for me at the 99$ sale price. i'll post up again telling you guys if they fit me or not... so you can roll up and cop the size 32 if you think they'd fit you. but the sherway man did say that they're on sale... but again... only ginormous sizes there

Yeah it was the korean chick. I guess I was the first one this morning, hahaha. I didn't even drive today, I took the damn ttc from Markham for that shit. Not only that, I walked over to Uncle Otis to make some impulse buys to feel better but the damn place was closed. icon_smile_angry.gif If anyone of you peeps saw a sad asian kid sulking on Bloor that was me.

Quote:

showbiz does the sherway one have 33/34? And is this for the greycast one with ugly orange stitching or the dry selvage ones?

--- Original message by high_contrast on Aug 1, 2005 11:11 AM

SHERWAY has NO Nudies at all. This is kinda funny because the dude I spoke to today (short guy with long black hair ACTUALLY wearing Nudies) told me the Nudies aren't on sale at all. I think we have a lot of misinformed salespeople.
Quote: does the sherway one have 33/34?

Hey all,

This doesn't have anything to do w/ the Vacant stuff or the Nudies at Holt's but if you guys haven't passed through TNTBlu since my last post, they have a whole table of denim for $89...with stuff like PDC, Blue Bloods, Sacred, G-Star and some other stuff that I don't really recognize (Slab?)..but regardless, $89 for Blue Bloods is pretty damn good IMO..

Just a heads up for the T Dot ppl....and oh, Gdft has a sale...30-40% off selected items...nothing off of SBs and Jordans...

peace

Something tells me the Nudies that were one sale were not the selv's. Nobody, not even holts is stupid enough to piss money away like that even on an error. The RR dry greys retail for $200 everywhere and go on sale for 50% every so often. The selvege RRs retail for $300+. Personally, the cheapest I've ever seen them for was at the 50% off denim sale we had like a week back. Anything less and the store is losing money.

BTW just got in the new selvege baggy bjorns. Pretty slick, come with their own repair/wear snuff can and denim bag. Denim is a little diff than the RRs and Svens, has a nice orange selvedge line too.

Sorry dude you missed the boat. 50% off for the limited edition S Sven was nice tooicon_smile_cool.gif

Just to let everyone know as of today there is another sale that just started however (if you're on the mailing list then you should've received an email). The sale is 50% off ALL sale merch. Now's your chance to get Lacoste gear for half off, though sizes are limited so go early.