"OUTRAGE" a book by dick morris (learn how shit is fucked up)

thelion1856

http://www.amazon.com/Outrage-Companies-Lobbyists-Corporations-Democratic/dp/0061195405

Outrage: How Illegal Immigration, the United Nations, Congressional Ripoffs, Student Loan Overcharges, Tobacco Companies, Trade Protection, and Drug Companies Are Ripping Us Off . . . And (Hardcover)

im thinking of picking this up.

Half of all illegal immigrants came into this country legally—and we have no way of knowing they’re still here!

Congressmen are putting their wives on their campaign payrolls—so that campaign contributions are really personal bribes!

The ACLU won’t allow its own directors free speech.

Liberals want to strip us of the tools to stop terrorism.

The UN is a cover for massive corruption—and eighty countries, who pay 12 percent of the budget, are blocking reform.

Drug companies pay off doctors to write scripts—whether we need them or not.

Teachers unions block the firing of bad teachers—and battle against higher education standards!

Katrina victims are being stiffed by their insurance companies!

Special interests cost our consumers $45 billion—through trade quotas that save only a handful of jobs!

None of these set off your bullshit detector?

Half of all illegal immigrants came into this country legally—and we have no way of knowing they’re still here!

Congressmen are putting their wives on their campaign payrolls—so that campaign contributions are really personal bribes!

The ACLU won’t allow its own directors free speech.

Liberals want to strip us of the tools to stop terrorism.

The UN is a cover for massive corruption—and eighty countries, who pay 12 percent of the budget, are blocking reform.

Drug companies pay off doctors to write scripts—whether we need them or not.

Teachers unions block the firing of bad teachers—and battle against higher education standards!

Katrina victims are being stiffed by their insurance companies!

Special interests cost our consumers $45 billion—through trade quotas that save only a handful of jobs!

None of these set off your bullshit detector?

im all for making illigals legal. really i am.

i am a fucking liberal.

im pro ACLU

If you want to learn how fucked shit is, just read a book on current affairs in Africa, or the standard of living in rural China, or just remember Hurricane Katrina if you need it stateside, or how your President duped the nation into going into Iraq. Those shall all do a pretty good job.

Or..

Michael Parenti

Arundhati Roy

Noam Chomsky

Greg Palast

Amy Goodman

Jeremy Scahill

Tariq Ali

John Perkins

etc, etc..

Or just start checking democracynow.org every day.

1984 is the book that will most likely open ones eyes to how wrong the world we live in is, all the bad, bureaucrtic (sp?) aspects.... read fahreheit 451, its like a fundamentally positive version of 1984..

However as I read more of other political theorys and as im slowly becoming more political I think authority and control are very important, I dont think Humans are quite up to handling absolute freedom.... "society" certainly isnt.

Illegal Immigrants? Im not going to pick cockles for a living, and none of the spoilt xenophobes I know would. II's are being exploited and its an incredibly valuable exploitation for the countrys economy...

Shit, im being too political, sorry, I wont respond to any politic/socio questions, just books.