My First Designer Manbag

kauflust

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bought this fake mulberry bag couple weeks ago.. dont have the money for the real one :P

the leather is really soft just like the real one...im really amazed with the quality..

the great thing about fake bags is that they're quite often real bags. apparently the only difference with a lot of knockoffs is the distribution.

2 bags are assembled, one goes out the front door to distributors that sell to Macy's (Barneys, Saks, etc)...one goes out the back door to some chinese guy who sells it at a fraction of the cost. Now, this is for mass produced shit like gucci, so I'm not sure if it applies to Mulberry, but it very well may.

jonathanfrom508 do you really need to ask that question? I have one of those in my basement that my dad got for attending a company golf tournament, it's yours.

the great thing about fake bags is that they're quite often real bags. apparently the only difference with a lot of knockoffs is the distribution.

2 bags are assembled, one goes out the front door to distributors that sell to Macy's (Barneys, Saks, etc)...one goes out the back door to some chinese guy who sells it at a fraction of the cost. Now, this is for mass produced shit like gucci, so I'm not sure if it applies to Mulberry, but it very well may.

That's true but not completely. The knockoffs are often made in the same factories, using the same patterns, etc. But they'll probably use cheaper material and not work on it as hard as they would otherwise.

• 2 months later...
that looks really clean cut and simple

how much is it?

anyting similiar to the above just cheaperr?

im just a poor student

It's 595 pounds, or something like $1,200 USD. Kind of pricy. I'm also a poor college student, but I'm graduating so I might get some gifts..

^ mulberry makes a lot of really nice pieces. if you like that check out valextra, it's less trendy.

Co-sign on the Valextra. WANT Les Essential de la Vie also makes some killer pieces. They are mucho $$$, but totally worth it if you can afford/find it.

motherfuckers.

help me out, motherfuckers.

i want this navy cargo bag by motherfucking suface 2 air so bad.

this girl that i am hella wanting badly is like, motherfucker, buy that bag. i think you'll look hot with it. son, if the lady says so, why shouldnt i?

thoughts please, my brothers. six-hunned dollars.

surcar_regular.jpg

The color's nice (way better than the black) and from handling it the leather is good - fairly supple but still feels substantial. Proportions of the bag are nice as well and feels like you could use it whether you only needed to carry a mornings worth of junk or a weekends worth, especially with the two straps.

I'd say buy it.

im just gonna buy it then.

ive been using this shitty nondescript leather tote in black that has slowly faded to ugly after i got sick of using my acme slim cargo bag that looked way too kenneth cole.

i would never buy that jewlius. hate that shape, and i'm slowly abandoning carrying or wearing anything black. i'm also done with shoulder straps. i carry everything in my hand now. like a real fucking man. like gregory peck or something. also, that shape is horrendous. i can't deal. it is a glorified messenger. timbuk2 anyone?

i talk a lot of shit but, yeah, the jew bag is made of fantastic materials and hardware,

i am sure.

is that bag based on a specific mil. issue shape? or is it just part of their post-apoc vibe?

i tend to gravitate towards classic structure and design when it comes to mansacks.

need some opinion on these two bags

i like the black one cuz its really comfy but i like the dark brown as well cuz its good for traveling .. any suggestion?

MBG1016001_main.jpg

MBG8094200_main.jpg

any more info on this brown one? it looks almost exactly what im looking for.. enough to put some paper folders / papers / and maybe a book or two in there

(as you see, i prefer the 2nd one but if you like the strap on the first one then get it)

This is still my fave man-bag style.. when pulled off well. Most of the all-leather ones I see look like women's bags:

ymcbradyclassicbags3ph3.png

I believe this is from YMC but not leather...

i'm also done with shoulder straps. i carry everything in my hand now. like a real fucking man. like gregory peck or something. also, that shape is horrendous. i can't deal. it is a glorified messenger. timbuk2 anyone?

I dig bags like duffels that you can hold around knee level with one hand... I carried one around for a while and you get used to it rather easily but sometimes traveling requires the use of both hands and I'd hate not having the option of a shoulder strap and having to put my bags down on the ground everytime I had to do something like go to the atm, hug someone, climb something etc.

Also, men's bags had shoulderstraps just as long as women's "purses." Or at least men's bags more consistently had shoulderstraps to them. I think there was a time somewhere between post WWII up to 60's where women's bags/purses traditionally did not have shoulder straps.

Also I hope you cop that S2a on sale, almost 7 hunnys on that is alot.

any more info on this brown one? it looks almost exactly what im looking for.. enough to put some paper folders / papers / and maybe a book or two in there

(as you see, i prefer the 2nd one but if you like the strap on the first one then get it)

fossil. the leather for the brown one is really nice ...

motherfuckers.

help me out, motherfuckers.

i want this navy cargo bag by motherfucking suface 2 air so bad.

this girl that i am hella wanting badly is like, motherfucker, buy that bag. i think you'll look hot with it. son, if the lady says so, why shouldnt i?

thoughts please, my brothers. six-hunned dollars.

surcar_regular.jpg

ru marst copp pronto