Skrawny 13 Denim Project (Kicking Mule Workshop)

joey_formal

sam113 and Context Clothing are running this project, I'm just starting the thread.

KMW Rocker sz 28

"Allright!

Everyone is in.

The first three months are booked. If anyone has requests let me know, otherwise I'll set the order we'll be about ready to start.

The Skrawny 13

asterix - Cleveland (28) June Confirmed

evilgeniusdan - Buffalo (29) July Confirmed

chasedizzy - NJ (26) August Confirmed

sam113 - America's Dairyland (28) Confirmed

homme.homme - Sydney (28) Confirmed

dunaj - L.A. (28) Confirmed

ratatat - Brisbane (28) Confirmed

aramyr - Tri Cities, WA (28) Confirmed

heartworm - Denmark (29) Confirmed

dino might! - Orlando (30) Confirmed

386 - Tennessee (29) November< Confirmed

Diamonds - Victoria BC (28) Confirmed

Joeyformal - PhillyxDC (29) Confirmed"

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

commenting on Sam's behalf - i know he was going to ask if we could email him digital snaps during our months and he was going to upload directly to the context website. Also going to include somekind of hardcopy journal/scrapbook kind of thing that we can write our comments and log what we do in the jeans etc.

I think the jornal should be bigger then polaroid size!!

Hey yo

Trying to devise a simple logo type thing that we can possible get embroidered/printed on the inside waistband or pocket or something. Thought the main properties it should have are 'scrawny13', images of kicking mule/s and the context logo. What are your thoughts of this? Just needs the context logo on it.

scrawny13.jpg

The mules kind of look like reindeer to me though :\

That looks pretty nice, but I see what you mean about the mules/reindeer. I thought it would be cool to get all our SuFu psuedonyms embroidered/printed somewhere on the jean.. but that probably won't be plausible.

Also, someone in one of the other groups mentioned the possibility of an untanned belt going around with the jean. I think that would be awesome.

Should someone set up a wordpress/blogger?

That looks pretty nice, but I see what you mean about the mules/reindeer. I thought it would be cool to get all our SuFu psuedonyms embroidered/printed somewhere on the jean.. but that probably won't be plausible.

Also, someone in one of the other groups mentioned the possibility of an untanned belt going around with the jean. I think that would be awesome.

Should someone set up a wordpress/blogger?

a belt would be a great idea as well, i would say lets see what sam has in mind for the blog site and do we have a start date for this yet?

Yeah I mentioned the belt and I know the selfedge group is doing it - i think we should def do it too. Nothing fancy though.

and re: our screen names i think we should get them embroidered on the side pocketbag when we receive them. or if we just pass around a fabric pen and write it on for more of a personal touch?

Thanks for firing this thread up Joey. Sorry for the delayed response- attended a wedding today.

I'm gonna get the Context logo and "The Skrawny 13" embroidered on the pocket bag and leave room for each participant to add their name and the dates that they have the jeans- wether its with a laundry marker, embroidery or whatever. If each one is different that would be rad. I also thought that the people who travel with them should try to get customs stamps on the inside of the jeans, or country stickers for the journal that I'm gonna send along with them or whatever. The more evidence of travel and experiences the better.

I also want everyone to take as many digis while they have the jeans as possible, and send them to me so I can keep a constantly updated "Skrawny 13" section on the gallery page of contextclothing.com. The pics will also be projected on these two 12'x6' screens we have in the windows at the store- so hamm it up!

Any other ideas from you guys would be great.

June 1 start?

Everything sounds awesome.

Maybe we should also throw in trinkets like concert ticket-stubs and things like that into the journal.. So we can see what "events" the jean has been to.

Yeah definately put in anything of interest. Even if its just small things that are local to your area. Like i could skin a koala and line the inside of the jeans with it. You know, simple things like that.

OK.

I'm shipping the jeans to Asterix today, but first I want to get a little feedback from the team:

We were initially to be the 28s, but looking back over this thread and the others there seems to be about a 50/50 split between doing 28s or 29s. There were also a couple people that indicated they wanted extra length.

The Rockers are pretty true to size in the waist and 2" longer than tagged, so here is the question:

28/32 or 29/34?

Before you decide keep in mind that I do not have a 28/34, and our experience with these jeans shows at least one full size of stretch- more like 1.5.

For reference, I wear a 28 in pretty much every dry denim jean including Somet Basic Straights, Sorahiko Slims, RRDS, SJDJ, and 19cms, and I also wear a 28 in the Rocker.

What do you guys think?