Dirty Dozen +1 (Around the world...)

cheep

was this fuckng awesome?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. was this fuckng awesome?

• yes
    • fuck yes
    • no.

the jeans look amazing. from the double patches, to the handpainted back pockets. these must be some of the nicest evisu jeans ive ever seen.

and if it matters, my new location is the east bay. fortunately, digital denim is right after me, so i could just do a hand off.

fit pics!

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

on the way to work.

the denim is still nice and rigid. surprisingly, the waist didn't shrink much (thank goodness) but it shrunk everywhere else. definitely on the looser side of fit from what i've been wearing lately (eternal 811, full count 1108, omnigod 50-052), but without feeling baggy. lot of stacking going on with me, but good news for taller dudes in our group.

fit pics!

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

on the way to work.

the denim is still nice and rigid. surprisingly, the waist didn't shrink much (thank goodness) but it shrunk everywhere else. definitely on the looser side of fit from what i've been wearing lately (eternal 811, full count 1108, omnigod 50-052), but without feeling baggy. lot of stacking going on with me, but good news for taller dudes in our group.

fuckin A man im really gonna get my hands on those jeans!! jesus christ ! ill kill people if i have to.. btw are these the 2005 cut?

fuckin A man im really gonna get my hands on those jeans!! jesus christ ! ill kill people if i have to.. btw are these the 2005 cut?

i believe this is the 2000 cut.

Mr.Chicken were you and Ms.Chicken in the bathroom for that whole time before you said bye?

lol. we actually ended up grabbing some dessert there. recommend their warm ones.

btw, i should mention here that the credit goes to ms. chicken for many of the pics posted here. thank you <3

so it looks like there's hope yet for skinny folks to wear some 2000's...

huzzah! Evisu 2000 has just re-entered my denim wishlist. How's the hip flare?

there is just a slight flare around the hip right now, sort of reminds me of when cheep first started wearing his contest sammies. so my bet is that they will disappear after a while. still, if i were to buy a pair for my personal use, then i would probably go a little smaller than these (w32), since i like mine on the tighter side.

by the way, tiger just won his 13th major yesterday at the age 31. coincidence?

I don't mean to be a dick, but the katakana spelling of Superfuture (on the 2nd patch) is incorrect. I'm surprised that none of the Japanese speakers raised a flag at this...

Not sure where you're ever gonna see "future" in Katakana in everyday life, but next time you pick up an Asahi Super Dry, you'll see what I mean.

Actually now that I think of this, it's like an error baseball card. Makes it even more special. It adds a nice dose of irony to the design.

Should be: スーパー ・フューチャー

I don't mean to be a dick, but the katakana spelling of Superfuture (on the 2nd patch) is incorrect. I'm surprised that none of the Japanese speakers raised a flag at this...

Not sure where you're ever gonna see "future" in Katakana in everyday life, but next time you pick up an Asahi Super Dry, you'll see what I mean.

Actually now that I think of this, it's like an error baseball card. Makes it even more special. It adds a nice dose of irony to the design.

Should be: スーパー ・フューチャー

actually, there are at least three native japanese speakers wearing these jeans, and the spelling was on purpose. it's all good though, it's like someone saying that "ye olde english" is misspelled.

Alright alright...I didn't read the whole thread....I skimmed about 25 pages in and just couldn't stomach anymore.

I know a lot of people don't put much meaning into katakana spelling, but there is a standard which, if you cross, will get you a batsu on your schoolwork.

I had a hunch that it was on done on purpose, but I didn't see any mention of it in the pages I read.

but you are a dick because

A: you don't know what you're talking about.

and

B: go back few pages and read the explanation behind it.

:D

(hint: you are kind of close with the error part, except it's intentional.)

Hold up, you can call me a dick, but who said I didn't know what I was talking about?

petey.jpg

miz put it real well -- it's an old style japanese on purpose. they won't teach you this kind of stuff in most language schools or when you take japanese as a foreign language.

check this out:

evisu_logo_2.gif

notice how evisu-ya and tailor are spelled. funny you don't notice these things usually.

sometimes, japanese words written in katakana don't use the vowel extender. you see this when katakana is used instead of hiragana for japanese words, often to add emphasis. if you don't use the vowel extender when spelling foreign words, it adds a "japanese" feel to the gairaigo, and removes the "foreign" visual aspect of the long vowel extender. so, it's sort of like an inside joke with an aesthetic purpose.

the other way around exists as well. sometimes kanji is used to spell gairaigo. this is also, for aesthetic purposes and to add a japanese feel to a foreign word.