Dirty Dozen +1 (Around the world...)

cheep

was this fuckng awesome?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. was this fuckng awesome?

• yes
    • fuck yes
    • no.

rated high. real high. definitely proves the theory coleslaw and i had about evisu being underrated. it's comparable in quality to all the best denim i have but with a different flavor. can't wait to see how it ages. :cool:

the sad thing about wearing this is that it also proves another theory i've had. which is that my evisu x doraemon is a thai fake. it's a well-made fake, but the denim quality is completely different. :(

and lol, coleslaw -- i think she looks like she could be in fast and furious, too.

I heard she goes drifting on the weekends…

In support of what chicken is saying, the evisu denim is definitlely special. I bought a few pairs of No.2's from Osaka about 4 years ago. I didn't know shit about denim at the time so I washed them in Tide like every week. Whats amazing is that they are still pretty dark. Instead of becoming a light blue, it started to reveal a greenish blue. I also got a pair of No.1's recently and they too have this greenish blue color. It has to be seen in person to fully appreciate this nuance in color. I compared them to a friend's STF. Immediately, he noticed how rich and beautiful the color of the evisu's were.

In other words, these jeans be bananas.

You really need to chill out. You've stated that you want to kill the contestants and steal the jeans at least four times. If you like the jeans so much, why don't you just buy a pair from Rakuten already?

haha. not too smart if he does seeing as though he posted his address and name the other day.

beatle, i feel like she's stripping me naked with her eyes.

i just realized i can't stop rubbing the evisu denim while i sit here at work. it has these nice subtle imperfections in the weave, causing the denim to be slubby in a different way. i'll try to photograph what i mean later though i'm not sure if it's possible.

In support of what chicken is saying, the evisu denim is definitlely special. I bought a few pairs of No.2's from Osaka about 4 years ago.

Just remembered I had some pictures from my trip there last year. Dug em up and here's some pics of the Evisu flagship store

Evisu11.jpg

Evisu1.jpg

Evisu2.jpg

Evisu3.jpg

Evisu4.jpg

Evisu5.jpg

Thanks beatle. This was my haul for the day along with a few unpictured tees.

Pickup.jpg

Pics were taken in my hotel room which explains the horrible lighting. The No 1 and SC40401 were for my friends. Really wanted to watch the Evisu getting painted but had to rush to the 45rpm store (no pics regrettably). The Sugarcanes were bought at Hinoya. I'll dig up some pictures of that store later.

One thing I have to say that the customer service at all those stores were very, very good. The attendant at Evisu actually drew me a diagram to illustrate how the sizing changes after washing and drying. Wish I kept that diagram.

haven't been online for the last few days...and coming back to a ton of pics from chicken-san is a real eye-opener.

have we got some rough timeline of the 13? i know there's the list on the first post but have their been any changes/anyone wants to switch the order around?

no changes - I hope it stays that way...no fooling around...they will be shipped off to the next in line after wearing them for 28 days - 4 weeks after they´ve been recieved..

I am still debating if I should fly to London - or if TG76 and I meet in Berlin

London sounds great, though - should be February by then...

haven't been online for the last few days...and coming back to a ton of pics from chicken-san is a real eye-opener.

have we got some rough timeline of the 13? i know there's the list on the first post but have their been any changes/anyone wants to switch the order around?

we've decided they're skipping singapore and instead taking two tours of jersey :cool:

ryu, yes, it's actually slubby, but more like a sandpaper ザラザラ slub, instead of burlap ゴワゴワ slub you get from oni or pure blue. and it's heavy! it might be the cut, but it's physically pretty heavy, so it's a little challenging in this heat. ちょっと暑いっす。

funny beats, but i think you can see that this denim should suit your steez just fine, too.

chad, talk to you when you get back.

Mind to elaborate on those onomatopoeia, their use and meaning, Chicken? :D Denim related Japanese FTW.

i was really hoping to hand off to poly800rock since we are both in the area. would be a nice photo op. but whatever. just along for the ride.

Mind to elaborate on those onomatopoeia, their use and meaning, Chicken? :D Denim related Japanese FTW.

japanese people tend to express things like actions and textures with sounds. in this case, ザラザラ (zara zara) is an expression for the feeling you get when you touch a rough surface like that of a sandpaper. maybe you could almost imagine the sound a sandpaper might make if you rub it against some wood surface (zara zara).

ゴワゴワ (gowa gowa) is an expression often used for thick and hard fabric like burlap.

ゴシゴシ (goshi goshi) for example is a sound for scrubbing.

hope this makes sense.

^ i will try, old man. (from enter the dragon.)

at this point, i thought i might be interesting to let you guys know what kind of stuff i usually carry around in my jeans. might help explain the type of fade we might get by the end of this month.

IMG_1423.jpg

this is what i pulled out of my jeans this morning: sda belt, skull wallet with rope (rear right pocket), mujirushi card case (which holds my razr in rear left pocket), receipts (front left pocket), coins (front right pocket) and bee's wax (coin pocket).

oops, and forgot one more thing. keys in the front left pocket:

IMG_1427.jpg