Dirty Dozen +1 (Around the world...)

cheep

was this fuckng awesome?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. was this fuckng awesome?

• yes
    • fuck yes
    • no.

but i'll try to bring this thread back later today.

I'll give it a shot:

Chicken, it's been raining on and off since Friday. How are the jeans reacting? The 'combs even more set? How do they feel in the rain? Any funky smells? Any mud that may require premature washing?

shit, tell me about it ang. it's been raining a bit too much, and it's supposed to continue. but i don't have to walk too much in the rain, since both my apt and work aren't too far from subway stops. plus i hang my jeans every night to air them out. so so far, no noticeable funk. thank goodness.

as i've mentioned few times before, these evisus are nice and rigid. i could see the honeycombs and whiskers already setting in. unless i get drenched in a storm, i think they'd be just fine. and even if i do get soaked, i don't think it'll be much of a problem until the creases come back.

no mud or anything major yet either. i wear my white's alaskan firefighter boots in the rain, and they more than protect the hem area of my jeans. i did notice some tiny pieces of cracker jacks stuck on the denim after one of the yankees game i went to, though. sorry dd+1.

IMG_1551.jpg

okay, i fess up. i should've measured these right after the soak. but it's better now than never, right? with help from gordon, who provided the raw measurements and post wash estimates, let's do a comparison:

#1 2000 size - 32 raw (gordon's measurements)

waist - 32

Front rise - 11.5

Back Rise - 14.75

Upper Thigh - 12.75

Knee - 9.25

Leg Opening - 8

Inseam - 36.75

#1 2000 size - 32 post wash (gordon's estimates)

waist - 29.5

Front rise - 11

Back Rise - 13.75

Upper Thigh - 12.25

Knee - 8.75

Leg Opening - 7.5

Inseam - 34.5

#1 2000 size - 32 post wash as of today (chicken's measurements)

waist - 31

Front rise - 10.75

Back Rise - 14.5

Upper Thigh - 12.25

Knee - 9

Leg Opening - 7.75

Inseam - 35

note that my measurements are after about one week of steady wear. i must've stretched the denim back up, especially in the waist area. but if someone does another hot soak, there might be some shrinkage still left on these puppies.

thanks again gordon.