boat shoes discussion

hakim

I'm probably gonna pick up a pair of Sperry Topsliders in the next few months. Should I size down to a 10 since I wear an 11 as my regular shoe size or should I just get my normal size?

true to size

ruach- dooooppppeee. more info?

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty pricey and out of my range, but seriously? Band of outsider x sperrys are just normal sperrys in two tone schemes with a BoO tag/marker on it somewhere. The BoO ones aren't that bad now that they're on sale, but retail was stupid.

The top two of those chaussers are pretty nice looking though and different from normal boat shoes. Damn

I picked up those Quoddy's from SW. I was originally against it because I wanted white laces, but fuck it.

Thinking about doing the same thing.

What do you guys think?

quoddy_trail_boat_shoe_with_camp_sole.jpg

The quality is said to be good and they're very classy and tasteful looking imo. My gal pal said they look like daddy-shoes, though.

Already posted this in another thread, but i'll ask here anywaaaay...

What about the Quoddy Bluchers?

501-BRN.jpgQUODDY07SS-02.jpg

Would these look wack and/or lame with shorts? Tight paints?

I wear my navy sperrys with these seersucker shorts with success. Same with my light grey apc cures with a 7.25" hem (size 32). I don't know about super skinny pants like joeys or something. The browns do have a dad quality to them unfortunately, but it depends how you wear em'.

Guest jmatsu
ROGUESGALLERYdeckshoe-759883.jpg

these are cool and all, but i don't see why one would want to purchase these when other cheaper ones of the same quality are available. i liked their highs cause shit is alittle unique, but i think people would only kop this for the label. ....and rogues gallery ain't even what it used to be.

speaking of zappos, they have that ndc alithia in black:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/32933025/c/111859.html

unless their 45 is a generous 45, i may be out of luck

:(

anyway, looks like steven alan only has it in an off-white

edit @ fulci: zappos doesn't ship int'l, so you'd probably have to proxy

might be cheaper/easier just to kopp in london

the ndc's are beautiful but are $300.

any difference between sperry and sebago as far as fit or quality? i love these:

23wjfgn.jpg

i've seen sperry's for $15 but never any good sebago prices.

ninja07, those ice ones can be sized down? i'm probably getting those. i liked that cracked leather look for keeping creases at bay. i wear an 11 and tried on some other sperry's in that size and they fit great. is a 10 a tight fit? i may go or a 10.5.

Which model is this SEBAGO?

It's look like either Jeffrey's Bay or Spinnaker but i can't find this color in SEBAGO's site

Guest jmatsu
Thinking about doing the same thing.

What do you guys think?

Already posted this in another thread, but i'll ask here anywaaaay...

What about the Quoddy Bluchers?

501-BRN.jpgQUODDY07SS-02.jpg

Would these look wack and/or lame with shorts? Tight paints?

i'm thinking that the black colorway (i seen at their site) would be the most versatile. the other colorways are fine, but you'd probably be confined to to prep or formal wear. i think the black could be done with almost anything....meaning various aesthetics.

Guest jmatsu
I will definately buying up some bluchers in the brown and wearing them sockless with raw denimz. Don't really see anything wrong with the look. Although I think they did a shoot with that look in GQ a while back.

yeah that'd def be alright, but besides denim and certain colorways in shorts what else you gonna wear that brown shit with?

Guest jmatsu
Chino, Khaki colored pants, summen linen pants. Denim. Seems pretty versatile. Brown isn't really a hard color to wear. For some reason, even though they are boat shoes (or mocs that look like boat shoes, whatever) I wouldn't really want to be seen in them with shorts.

yeah i mean they'd be good with chinos/khakis, that goes w/o sayin, but i was thinking about versitility in tops. anyway as long as you're happy...

J is saying with the dark and light brown sperry/quoddy/sebagos that if you're not dressing in either a prep, americana, or just plain raw denim/tshirt, then there isn't much you can do with them. The navy ones i have are a bit more versatile but still, black would be able to work with a bunch of stuff. I still will put together outfits at time where i really want black boat shoes and realize that the vibe my navy ones give off wouldn't work.

Guest jmatsu
All I know is that I kill it in my Quoddy's daily, and I am a better man for it.

pics and proof of you being a better man for killing it in yr quoddy's.