boat shoes discussion

hakim

^^^

wear socks to break em in?

Ill try to wear like 4 pairs at once with em around the house and see what happens.

Break those bitchers in.

4 pairs of socks totally cancel each other out so its basically going sockless.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a pair of the blue and white Sperry's at the Rack for like 15 bones last summer but DAMN my ankles will be blistered and cut up after about 6 blocks walking in them sockless. I really like the way they look and I go to to the beach a lot but I just can't figure out how to not kill my feet in 'em. Other than that they fit well and look good...well..besides the blood stains. Its caused by that padded rim around the top of the ankle. Is there a way to just cut it out of there or is this just an "epic fail..get the leather ones" kinda deal?

I had this exact probem and my cobbler straightened me out in 2 mins. It's not a question of breaking in, you just need to elevate the heel. You need a heel-lift insole. Totally saved my feet instantly.

I had this exact probem and my cobbler straightened me out in 2 mins. It's not a question of breaking in, you just need to elevate the heel. You need a heel-lift insole. Totally saved my feet instantly.

Excellent thanks for the tip. How much does that usually cost, btw?

• 2 weeks later...
anyone know if sperrys will conform to your foot at all? i just got a pair and went with 9 because my heels slipped out when i walked in 9.5's, but the 9's are a little tight at the moment...should i keep or look for a diff brand that fits me better?

all the frat boys say these things stretch out a good bit, and my friends has given so much that they are a bit big on him now (had for over a year now)

a few of them profess

that youre supposed to soak them and let them dry on foot to jumpstart fit

just buy the lanvin boat shoes...retail $1230 bones.

Can somebody explain why those new Lanvin boat shoes are so pricey?

They've more than the hi-tops AND the men's dress shoes...

There must be something i'm missing.. the materials?

Can somebody explain why those new Lanvin boat shoes are so pricey?

I can't really explain but I recall Lanvin used to make €600 ballet flats. Expensive brand.

Lanvin boat shoes are not rubber soled, but leather sole. They also appear to have a blake stitch sole contruction and I assume are done to a degree in which most high end mens shoes are done (hand done in an upscale factory). It is not unheard of for mens dress shoes to cost above $500.

Personally, I actually think the sneakers are a complete rip off @ $700+ (any sneaker for that matter). If you wear down the soles, they can't be replaced/repaired, so it's a bit of an empty investment compared to the shoes. I picked up the sand/copper Lanvin boat shoes. Also, retail in America for the boat shoes is not $1230, but $965. I snagged them for 40% off that during the Barneys one day private sale a couple of weeks ago.

Lanvin boat shoes are not rubber soled, but leather sole. They also appear to have a blake stitch sole contruction and I assume are done to a degree in which most high end mens shoes are done (hand done in an upscale factory). It is not unheard of for mens dress shoes to cost above $500.

Personally, I actually think the sneakers are a complete rip off @ $700+ (any sneaker for that matter). If you wear down the soles, they can't be replaced/repaired, so it's a bit of an empty investment compared to the shoes. I picked up the sand/copper Lanvin boat shoes. Also, retail in America for the boat shoes is not $1230, but $965. I snagged them for 40% off that during the Barneys one day private sale a couple of weeks ago.

that's still a fucking ripoff. don't cop lavin and use the money towards rent and live in manhattan.

tommysperry.JPG

While not 100% sure, we here at GlamChic have a sneaking suspicion that Tommy Hilfiger is RSSing GlamChic–and reading it faithfully. (Like you are, let’s say.) How else does one explain this new, all-American image that popped up in our inbox today–mere hours after our top 10 country club-chic labels post debuts? Behold the Tommy Hilfiger by Sperry Top-Sider boat shoe. Slip them on, scoop up a copy of The Great Gatsby and consider summer officially kicked-off. $75 at select Tommy Hilfiger stores including Manhattan’s Soho and D.C.’s Georgetown locations.