HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

It's a tight album, not totally my thing but I dig the thrash influences. They're playing at Cakeshop in early October, stoked to be home for that.

Looking forward to the new Rise and Fall, preorders went up today with instant download.

just preordered the LP and downloaded it. after first listening all i can say is....WOW.

I cannot get into Iron Age at all...

All my friends rep that band hard though.

haha, for me it´s the other way round...

I'm 6 foot, 195 lbs, not THAT big hahaha, and yeah I headwalk/frontflip of stage/randomly dropkick scene kids it's what you do.

True story: saw my friend run off a stage and straight up double foot drop kick a kid square in the face. The impact was so loud, it could be heard over the music. good times.

iron age record is... good... but im not in love with it like everyone else seems to be.

just ordered, then pirated, the social circkle lp.. it's really great. but it's also rerecorded songs from their like.. live/practice/whatever tape, some of which were better in their original form. still, definitely one of the best bands around right now

fucked up weekend in toronto this year is going to be mental. so many bands. no rampage this year though haha.

also did you guys hear fucked up won some weirdo canadian indie music prize thing and like $20,000 for their record? they beat metric and a bunch of other boring canadian alt bands. good on them. best dudes/lady

What's with the stupid internet backlash against Fucked Up? Is it just because their fanbase is larger 20 people? They're one of the best bands out there right now and absolutely deserve this award. Wish they'd go on proper tour soon, maybe when the singles comp releases.

honestly, i don't like their new album

that being said, some of the singles they have put out recently ( i hate summer comes to mind) are still excellent, and hidden world is still in rotation for me, and i will definitely continue to support them, but its the same as anything - fans of something underground that becomes mainstream will be salty, and so one and so forth. i think it's a little weak that people championing the new fucked up album like its the second coming will probably never hear circling the drain, or what could've been, or the dangerous fumes 7" or whatever, but such is life and they're missing out, not me

there is a really hilarious conversation on the cbc website about fucked up right now

bands that should get back together:

Think I Care

XfilesX

Tarpit

tarpit from va beach? haha there was a sludge metal tarpuit from baltimore i was friends with and they always made fun of the hardcore one.

hardcore record of the year in my opinion

then you have not heard the new lewd acts, or the new ruiner, or the new converge.

tarpit from va beach? haha there was a sludge metal tarpuit from baltimore i was friends with and they always made fun of the hardcore one.

then you have not heard the new lewd acts, or the new ruiner, or the new converge.

hahaha i've listened to both Tarpit bands..

i'm talking about the va beach one ;)

need to listen to new lewd acts and converge...

i havent heard any of those three, but only care about hearing the new converge.

Fuck, anyone going to the Rorschach reunion shows next week? They're going to have a double LP set remixed/remastered and all their old merch available. Will kill person of your choice for a few shirts and the LP set.

http://shop.ebay.com/alcontrast/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

bunch of old zines about to end

Haha I will be at the Santos show...definitely hunting for merch. Also they'll be playing the Charleston RIGHT AFTER at 11pm with Hellbastard. Courtesy of BK Vegan.

Anyone still need a ticket for tonight's Rorschach show at Santos Party House, NYC? Seriously. One of the kid's I was holding it for canceled...and I may even have another one. $12...same as what they're asking at the door/ticketweb.

Holler at me.

uhm...RORSCHACH was fucking amazing. Celebrity Murders DESTROYED. The pit was all love and no toughguy windmill roundhouse ignant shit...just straight bulldozing, headwalking, human battering ram'age (really, this big dude picked up a small'ish guy and used him as a human ram...comedy)...

Celebrity Murders...what a fucking way to go out...intense and heavy as fuck and aggro as shit. Artie was going nuts in the pit during Rorschach's crush'age.

The Degenerics were dope too...

But really, RORSCHACH was incredible...tight, and super pissed, yet happy to be in front of a packed venue of crazy adults and SOME CHILDREN (Vlad, the 7 year old Rorschach fan). "Pavlov's Dogs" made for an explosion in the room.

They did two covers too.

The second of which, Ted Leo came out to set off...encore status.

eummJam7PhA

yo,... what are the holy grail hardcore shirts?

this dude is nuts

http://xshirtsx.blogspot.com/

I've seen way more impressive collections on the regular on b9.

Dudes with multiple OG Chain Of Strength, Youth Of Today and Gorilla Biscuits shirts and shit.

Also seen a guy who has something like 50+ Hatebreed pieces. That's just ridiculous.

Iron Age and Mother of Mercy playing cake shop in two weeks, next day it's Iron Age and The Banner at the Charleston.

Haven't heard Mother of Mercy but if you're citing E-Town Concrete as an influence I will be obliged to listen to you.

Where are you from? If you don't mind me asking. Mother of Mercy is great, definitely worth a listen. Their new record "III" is one of my favorites of 09. Inside and Out is a solid song.

Iron Age and Mother of Mercy playing cake shop in two weeks, next day it's Iron Age and The Banner at the Charleston.

Haven't heard Mother of Mercy but if you're citing E-Town Concrete as an influence I will be obliged to listen to you.

Mother Of Mercy sounds NOTHING like E Town Concrete.

Their new record rips, but I was disappointed both times I saw them live this summer.