Vancouver Meetup

Tiranis

Crap, I didn't go anywhere last weekend because apparently I figured staying home and writing papers would be far more entertaining.. How're the pickins at Roden Grey? Is it all gone already?

I liked the Rick goat hat, but it's not my style at all. I think I'm going to have to return to Chinatown to try on the Rick funnel neck leather.. That's currently my grail. Wow it's nice.

I'm headed up this weekend... is there anywhere I can buy visvim? Any recommended boutiques? I cant seem to find the vancouver map on superfuture after the change and am very depressed about it :(

Yeah, GoodFoot in Gastown usually has Visvim.

36 Powell Street

Vancouver, BC V6A 1E7, Canada

(604) 806-3613

• 2 weeks later...

i assume everyone has heard on the new about this guy who got lost up at mount seymour. i just read an article about him in the sun, and he's still saying that he didn't know he was going out of bounds. this pisses me off because either he's a liar or an idiot. He said he was going down a green run on the brockton chair? theres only one on that chair, brockton gully, and its exactly that, a gully. he would have had to hike over a hill to get out of bounds from that run, and at that point he would have ducked under the boundary rope and it would be painfully obviously to anyone with any mountain experience that no one goes in this area. i've been riding seymour for 10 years and have talked to many people who have been there for years and we all can't figure out how he made it so far out of bounds (and didn't think to follow his tracks back to where he knew was inbounds?)

anyway, i'm glad they found this guy, but theres something he isn't telling us.

i assume everyone has heard on the new about this guy who got lost up at mount seymour. i just read an article about him in the sun, and he's still saying that he didn't know he was going out of bounds. this pisses me off because either he's a liar or an idiot. He said he was going down a green run on the brockton chair? theres only one on that chair, brockton gully, and its exactly that, a gully. he would have had to hike over a hill to get out of bounds from that run, and at that point he would have ducked under the boundary rope and it would be painfully obviously to anyone with any mountain experience that no one goes in this area. i've been riding seymour for 10 years and have talked to many people who have been there for years and we all can't figure out how he made it so far out of bounds (and didn't think to follow his tracks back to where he knew was inbounds?)

anyway, i'm glad they found this guy, but theres something he isn't telling us.

yup. i was thinking the same thing. definitely fishy

I've wanted to move to Vancouver for about a year now. Haven't taken any steps yet because I wanted to gather some work experience over the past year. Job market still looking grim? I know cost of living, especially real estate, is probably the biggest deterrent here. I would plan to rent for at least a while. Salary-wise, what do you think it takes to get by out there, as compared to, say, Indianapolis (somewhat embarrassing for me to admit, even to myself, that I'm living here...)?

a decent 1 bedroom will cost you $1000 CAD a month.

...out in the burbs.

Quinnskimo: too hard to answer without knowing your lifestyle. You want your own place or share? I don't think the economic problem is quite as bad here as other parts of Canada or U.S., but prob. depends what industry you're in.

You can usually get a fine place in Vancouver for like, $800.00 if you fish for it, and if you don't mind living in suites. If you wanna' live in an apartment down downtown, then it ain't happenin' for under a grand and some.

@Diamonds: I heard you were gonna' start working at Komakino? (creepy) Have you applied at like, eh, crap, I donno', Gravitypope, J&O, Roden Grey, etc? Clientele at those places is kinda' boring/irritating though..

the vancouver sun classifieds suck moose nuts. im trying to avoid living in kitslano but it appears i wont have much luck finding anything else in my price range as quickly as i can find stuff here. which is strange since ive been told its the most expensive place to live other than waterfront downtown area. whateves.

diamonds, you have restaurant experience? i could import my tradition of getting supergays busboy jobs out here. tips = jawn koppage. ask homi and hocus pocus. we pretty much tipped them out in paypal currency.