Best Shopping/Stores in Chicago

cd1

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest umhaha84

jakes sux hejfina closed, heard gamma player was good but it might not be your style. pretty much Barneys at Oak is the only place i shop in chicago.

btw, if you have barneys where you leave, it's better not to shop in chicago 10.25% tax rapes

• 1 month later...

Not that I've found. I've had people tell me they do, hem jeans for me only to find out - Oh! they don't. Good times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i'm also looking for hotel recs. Supposedly Pavement is headlining pitchfork festival this year...

can't go wrong with the james if you wanna stay in the center of downtown. if you wanna stay at a cool boutique type hotel in the neighborhoods longman and eagle is supposed to be the new hotness. they double as a bar which is real nice too.

for shopping (if i shop) i'll check una maes and some of the vintage shops on milwaukee. on damen marc by marc is good for novelty cheap items, rsvp needs a late pass, apt #9 is pretty ok. Division has some good life with penolopes which i love and bonnie an clydes which would appeal to some. also what i've had luck with are the marshalls and nordstrom racks in the city on the fred perry, polo, jonn v converse tip.

The rooms at Longman and Eagle aren't open yet, apparently. Or so says my friend, who's roommate does booking at the Empty Bottle (owner of Longman and Eagle also owns the Bottle and Bite). But the gastropubiness of Longman and Eagle is open for business. A couple friends went last night, and said the food was pretty good and the bar has an excellent whiskey selection. I hope to get there soon.

Ah my bad, I missed that. I think the place is only supposed to have 6 rooms or so. I imagine every out of town hipster will want to stay at Longman and Eagle, so he should probably inquire early.

• 3 months later...
Guest umhaha84

lol I go to love hotel every time when i'm in korea so no sybaris.

was thinking more like lake geneva in wisconsin kinda relaxing place.

eh dunes suck. too many bad science trips back in jr high/hs. theres honestly nothing there but another mediocre lake michigan beach.

lake geneva is aiiite. if you like fat tourists and cuisine americana.

if you wanna go somewhere fun and laid back, drive over to milwaukee. highly underrated city, esp when summerfest is on. good food, nice place to bike around, good date spot overall.