Lost

broneck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

claire = rousseau?

and the infection that hiroki and temple people think sayid has is the same one that rousseau's crew had when they first arrived on the island that they got from going in the temple. and at that point sayid told her to stay away so that she wouldn't get infected.

and whenever someone dies (christian, sayid, claire, french crew) they become infected/claimed/whatever by the smoke monster and are influenced by him. and eventually start killing off others and fulfill his wishes. christian told john to turn the wheel so that he would get transported off the island. which is what the smoke monster wanted, that way ben would kill him and that would enable the smoke monster to assume john's form and convince ben to kill jacob.

jacob=smoke monster's retainer?

He was in Season 3 for one episode too. That was the episode he was referring to when Kate knocked him the eff out.

Word, just rewatched that one on hulu. Didn't get turned onto It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia until later on. But that was that fucked up room 23 episode. Still don't understand what that freak show was all about.

:confused:

I Do Think Christian Was Claimed By The Smokemonster And Used To Manipulate John, Etc. And Apparently To Infect Or Manipulate Claire As Well. Remember She Was In The Cabin With Him After She Disappeared. It Appears He Can Just Hop Into Dead Bodies? So I Would Think Eloise Would Have Known This. So Why So Eager To Have Locke's Body Sent Back To The Island As A Substitute For Christian AT THE RISK OF GIVING SMOKEY A NEW AND POWERFUL VESSEL TO OCCUPY? And Why Was Widmore So Keen On Helping Locke As Well? Who Are The Real Good Guys Here?

EDIT: AND WHY IS EVERY WORD OF THIS POST CAPITALIZED?

'it worked' could mean that it did get all of them off the island (in an alternate reality). juliet may have been experiencing the alternate timeline (let's go out for coffee, dutch, etc) when she was dying.

as far as claiming - the smoke monster can IMPERSONATE people and claim them - two separate things in my mind. he claimed ben when he was resurrected. he impersonates everyone after they're dead and can manipulate the people they talk to - but they are not alive. locke is dead but he can impersonate locke, locke isn't "claimed".

here are some rants i wrote on a different forum about the past two episodes. sorry if they're disjointed as it's just copy paste. i think people will have better responses here..

last week's:

------------------

there has to be some connection between the timelines, there were lots of hints of connections between the alt. timeline and the "real" timeline. charlie was going to die of asphyxiation, boone was complaining about his leg (that he injured with locke), desmond's appearance and disappearance (maybe reality hopping)... trying to think of why the knives and christian's body have disappeared. anyway, maybe juliet said "it worked" because they are all actually off the island (in a different reality), but only juliet really knows it.

i thought richard was going to be a pirate, i guess he was a slave on the black rock though? (man in black referenced him being out of his chains)

ok, thought about it while i was in a meeting a bit more. so i think the realities are intertwined somehow - maybe they're equal but opposite which allows them to coexist (except there should be a time difference, which i can't really explain - but the passage of time is a whole other discussion). i don't think "everything is fixed" in the alternate reality and i definitely don't think it's just a gimmick to prolong the series. you guys have no faith! Wink

the opposites are what i mentioned earlier.. and i noticed that rose was comforting jack instead of jack comforting rose during the turbulence. it seems like people seem to vaguely recall things that happened on the island, jack for the most part. jack looks at himself funny in the mirror - like he's aged much more than he expected or something - and he had blood on his neck.... which may point to either a time sickness thing or the injuries he had on the island are manifesting themselves. i wonder if he'll lift up his shirt and notice he has an appendectomy scar or something. jack has a feeling he knows desmond, but he doesn't remember him - maybe because in the alternate reality desmond doesn't do the race and never meets jack in the stadium. anyway, desmond is probably the key to bringing the realities together again like he did previously.

those are my ramblings.

-----------------------

this weeks:

well i thought they were implying he was claimed by the smoke monster - like ben was and now claire. claire is like russo now, not only in resemblance, but the fact that she had her baby stolen from her (both were island babies too). i think claire was claimed by the smoke monster because she was following christian around (who actually was the smoke monster) - we saw her in the cabin (which MAYBE where the smoke monster was imprisoned). we saw that there was a circle of ash around it that was disrupted (going away from the cabin) when hurley led locke to the cabin. this makes sense because when locke and ben went to the cabin - someone said "help me" - which may have been the smoke monster calling out to locke since he was a big part of the loophole. it is also in line with ben going to the cabin for advice from 'jacob', who was actually the smoke monster the whole time (and the smoke monster claimed him when he brought him back to life). richard may have played a role in his capture, since they didn't seem to have a great encounter with each other and he seems to be one of the few that actually knew where jacob really was.

also if jacob was inside sayid - why would the temple people want to kill sayid? maybe they have other intentions... or we could be being misled into thinking that jacob is good and smoke monster is bad. maybe that's not the case - perhaps they both have their merits... but i think my other theory has a better foundation.

anyway, to all of those who think they just make shit up they either do that and are really good at picking up the pieces and incorporating them into things later on - or they actually had amazing writers from the start. in this episode we see the full scenes of what claire was having nightmares of back on the beach and when she gets kidnapped by ethan. there was that really trippy episode when claire was all fucked up on drugs and was taken to the hospital hatch by ethan - she flashed back and forth between scenes in the hatch and in the proper hospital in 2004 - we were led to believe that it was all in the hatch back then. so this shows that the two timelines are definitely related and it isn't just some stupid "what if" gimmick. another reference to things of seasons past... so the plane did land on the island - on the runway that sawyer and kate were working on when they were captured by the others. so the others knew the oceanic 6 were going to come back...? side thought... since the timelines are intertwined, i think someone or all of them will have to make a key choice between the two realities - deciding the fate of themselves and maybe humanity.

wasn't that impressed with the episode, but it's hard to follow the season premier. interesting, nonetheless.

sidethought - maybe ben didn't forget anything at all after he was brought back to life. sayid didn't forget what happened, he can remember up to the point he got shot. richard just said ben would "lose his innocence" and would be a different person... this would also explain why he had that nice dinner with kate back in season 2 or whatever when they were captured (since kate basically saved his life in 1977). also during the purge richard asks ben if he should bring his dad back to the camp - ben just tells him to leave him out there in the van to rot. why would he do that if he didn't remember what an ass his dad was to him?

Anyone has theory as to what juliet meant when she said "it worked"?

im pretty sure she meant that detonating the bomb worked and they are no longer stuck in 60's lost land and have instead flashed to real time lost island.

im pretty sure she meant that detonating the bomb worked and they are no longer stuck in 60's lost land and have instead flashed to real time lost island.

since the goal of detonating the bomb was to get them OFF the island (at least the people that came on the plane) i don't think it's that simple. they are technically off the island in an alternate reality which means it did work in that sense - and since she was talking nonsense (much like when charlotte died) i'm pretty sure she was experiencing an alternate reality/time too.

also i think you could figure that you're not in the 70's anymore in like 5 minutes - i don't think that would be important to tell someone when you're about to die.

No talk about the latest episode? I think the little kid is Jacob reincarnated, Flocke probably kicked Jacob into the fire before he was completely dead - thus breaking the rules. Why did Kate not have a number? The flashbacks with Jacob concentrated on showing how he'd touched each person he visited, is he able to influence people he touches? Was Jacob there to protect the island or rather to protect the WORLD from the smoke monster getting free? The black and white rock were interesting, one balanced out the other. Newly arrived "other" collecting ash from the fire where Jacob "died" was also interesting, does it have superior properties to the ash they've been using to keep Flocke out? Why is Flocke stuck in his current form? I still can't take Leela seriously in any other role (and yes, I know she was Peggy Bundy too, but that wasn't a big show over here in the UK.)

No talk about the latest episode? I think the little kid is Jacob reincarnated, Flocke probably kicked Jacob into the fire before he was completely dead - thus breaking the rules. Why did Kate not have a number? The flashbacks with Jacob concentrated on showing how he'd touched each person he visited, is he able to influence people he touches? Was Jacob there to protect the island or rather to protect the WORLD from the smoke monster getting free? The black and white rock were interesting, one balanced out the other. Newly arrived "other" collecting ash from the fire where Jacob "died" was also interesting, does it have superior properties to the ash they've been using to keep Flocke out? Why is Flocke stuck in his current form? I still can't take Leela seriously in any other role (and yes, I know she was Peggy Bundy too, but that wasn't a big show over here in the UK.)

I was thinking about the same thing regarding Jacob being reborn.

Flocke most likely broke the rules due to that last kick.

Kate probably doesn't have a number because she is not a candidate.

He is able to influence the people he touches, it is most evident when he touches Locke because I think he died when he hit concrete or grass. And when Jacob touches him, he immediately wakes up like someone finished giving him CPR.

Jacob's tie to the island can potentially make him the bad guy.

When I saw the white and black rocks, I thought the white rock was heavier. Good scene though. "It's a inside joke." (Favorite line of this episode).

I think Jacob's ashes might have the same property as what the people at the temple and what people were using to protect them from the smoke monster.

Flocke being stuck in this form was partially explained in this episode. The both emphasis on the phrase "don't tell what I can't do!"

When I saw Sagal, I didn't immediately think Bundy, but I thought Smart House from the Disney channel original. It's weird seeing how not crazy and stupid.