is samurai still loved?

edmond

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at SD's buttons. Take a look at Eternal's buttons. Take a look at Denime's buttons. There are only a very select few that can compete when it comes to these beautiful little donuts, and none of those companies mentioned do it at all.

aren't open shank (donut) buttons cheaper to manufacture than regular buttons? i want to say that donut buttons were born from a need to save metal in war-time

i can't seem to remember where i had read that

aren't open shank (donut) buttons cheaper to manufacture than regular buttons? i want to say that donut buttons were born from a need to save metal in war-time

i can't seem to remember where i had read that

Same logic as the bartacks in Levis? It seems plausible, but it doesn't explain why Levis don't have doughnut buttons in that case.

Hmm, if I could venture a guess, albeit a naive one, I would say that though donut buttons DO save metal, the casting process is probably harder, given their more complex shape. So during wartime, when saving metal was a neccessity, donuts were more cost-effective. Now, probably not?

Why the fuck would you be looking behind her?!!??!!?!!?!!?!?!?!??!?!!??!?!?!?

generally it was sarcasm - i stared at the better parts of the picture for a good 5 mins before posting. just wondering though.