is samurai still loved?

edmond

I totally agree with Cheep. I have never understood why Samurai is considered gimmicky. Is it the hand present hidden brass rivets that address the transient nature of life? The perfect doughnut buttons? The incredibly solid construction and traditional fit? They may not be the slubbiest, but I think that that contributes to their charm. Too much slub can be distrating, but a few snaking weft threads every now and then endears them to me. The fade is also breath-taking.

Samurais are a wonderful role model/mascot, too. I just don't get why the company is considered gimmicky. The limited edition models can be seriously innovative.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

way too gimmicky and i always thought they were kind of a cornball brand. glad to see the masses of superfutures are over this brand. more sda, warehouse and 45rpm talk!!

since when has quality become a gimmick? i see samurai posts on here everyday. this edmond guy kills me. i wish he would go away like milli-vanilli. i never thought the masses of superfuturians wore samurai anyway. i like warehouse, but i like my jeans to look like james dean/shirasu jiro than some jeans my ancestors wore to pick cotton.

sorry to be Mr. Synical, but i dont usually post unless i get pissed, or really excited about something new, like those new oni veg blue with the selvage arc. whats cornier, two warriors, or motorcycle pigs? no offense to SDA, but come on.

Really not such a smart question ..there are about 30 threads regarding Samurai - so there's ur answer...

see, this is why beatle is that chick, she is the only contest person who consistently posts new pics, she doesnt say dumb shit, and she rocks her sams harder than most of these poser/pseudo heads. this is why shes hot. take note edmond!

since when has quality become a gimmick? i see samurai posts on here everyday. this edmond guy kills me. i wish he would go away like milli-vanilli. i never thought the masses of superfuturians wore samurai anyway. i like warehouse, but i like my jeans to look like james dean/shirasu jiro than some jeans my ancestors wore to pick cotton.

sorry to be Mr. Synical, but i dont usually post unless i get pissed, or really excited about something new, like those new oni veg blue with the selvage arc. whats cornier, two warriors, or motorcycle pigs? no offense to SDA, but come on.

see, this is why beatle is that chick, she is the only contest person who consistently posts new pics, she doesnt say dumb shit, and she rocks her sams harder than most of these poser/pseudo heads. this is why shes hot. take note edmond!

Tough day? :)

errr...I'm pretty sure beatle is male.

co-sign on edmond being 'tarded, though.

hi guys thanks for the complement! anyway .. i think its pretty weird to fetish on a female beatle..hey salaami come on now man get an anger management program you want me to pay for it? kidding!!

Guest jeffvyain

i haven't handled a lot of denim. I've had APCs, some denime '66, and 2 pairs of sams. What I can say from those experiences and countless hours drooling over all different types of japanese denime through these forums, rakuten, etc is this: There is nothing like samurai, and I, for one, definitely do not find them to be gimmicky. Their incredible quality denim (I speak for the 17 oz. I was able to handle the 15 oz texas cotton but did not wear them in) and their attention to detail are what make them THE premium japanese denim brand to me. Take a look at SD's buttons. Take a look at Eternal's buttons. Take a look at Denime's buttons. There are only a very select few that can compete when it comes to these beautiful little donuts, and none of those companies mentioned do it at all. The variety of different types of denim, colors, cuts, twills, etc is unmatched by any other company we revere here. 505s, 2 models of 5000s, 500s, 710s, lord knows how many different models of 510s... 15 oz, 17oz, 19oz, 21oz... right hand twill, left hand twill. and we can still get our arches if we're persistent. Who competes with all this?

There's a reason why samurai jeans are the most talked about brand on this site. I have drooled over oni blues, eternals, SD 103s... but I keep coming back to this brand, and I honestly don't know if I'll end up buying from anyone else at this point. That is my level of satisfaction with this company, and I'm sure there are quite a few that agree.

And finally, Edmond, why? I'd say something a lot more cruel, but those comments tend to get deleted. Now, back to the remaining 39 pages I have to write by Tuesday in order to graduate. If they let me talk about Samurai jeans, it'd be easy.

hahahah come on... if you hate me or this thread so much why all these posts? ahahah seriously.. i love samurai.. dont tell anyone toshiko and i have something going on...

hahahah come on... if you hate me or this thread so much why all these posts? ahahah seriously.. i love samurai.. dont tell anyone toshiko and i have something going on...

I don't hate you, I just wish you'd drop dead. You're a waste of humanity, the world would be no worse off if you had never existed. On the other hand the same could be said for me. And you shouldn't think you're all special on your own raft of stupid floating on a river dumbass. You have lots feebleminded moronic company on board with you, they just don't go out of their way to show it.

Why so many posts?

Puh Leeze

You knew if you started a thread this fucking stupid, people would have to post to tell you how fucking stupid you are. You're like the two year old running naked down the street screaming at the top of his lungs; you don't care if people look and say look at that little fucking idiot as long as they look.

Guest jeffvyain

...hah

welp, what more can you say, dr. danger?

at least he can brush off the fact that people wish he would disappear. that says something for his confidence (or stupidity) i suppose. unfortunately, the fact that he doesn't take anything remotely seriously only facilitates his staying, and we are the ones who end up paying the price, stumbling over his idiocy sprayed out over these message boards.

You wouldnt happen to be Edmond would you? Anyway, I was surfing through SuFu kase and I found this guy selling schattenboxens I wanted to get. Does western union serve where you are? Not sure of any other way I can get cash to you to paypal lol

-

a pm from somebody on another board .... i felt insulted when he thought i was edmond ..... that was then .. now im proud.....

Beatle is a girl...Beatle is a girl....Beatle is a girl....Beatle is a girl....Beatle is a girl....

And Samurai is the shit....

maybe I should start doing supermodel poses...with my boobs falling out....

Oh man that's a major fucking relief, I thought I was going to have to come to terms with being gay.

oh yeah, nice tatt

sexy