supertalk6
MAC SMALLS

MacBook.

a lot of people don't use most the ports that were scrapped

out of curiosity what is your basis for this statement?

Why is everyone hating on it again? Its super expensive but a lot of people don't use most the ports that were scrapped, and the screen and keyboard are dope. Plus the fact that it's the same weight as a macbook air with a way smaller footprint is awesome.

Almost everything I use from home and at work needs a USB port.

When i use Serato for my DJ-ing gigs the last thing i want is to have to carry an extra cable to be able to plug everything in.

Its a real deal breaker for me.

Edited by kicks79

out of curiosity what is your basis for this statement?

I guess i'm just speaking in terms of people like me (college students), I know a bunch of people who really only hook their phones up (don't even have to do that anymore) to their computer. If you want to have a discussion about if it's a "pro" computer considering the lack of ports I get that, but just like when they scrapped the cd/dvd drive, for a majority of  people it really didn't matter.

Almost everything I use from home and at work needs a USB port.

When i use Serato for my DJ-ing gigs the last thing i want is to have to carry an extra cable to be able to plug everything in.

Its a real deal breaker for me.

Old USB is the way of the past right? Everything is going to be USB-C in the future... it's definitely a bummer right now but at some point companies are going to have to suck it up and move with the times, apple is just doing it earlier. 

I wish i needed a computer, I would've loved this thing, it's so conveniently small and light. I'm still using the first retina now though which is working great.

I know a bunch of people who really only hook their phones up (don't even have to do that anymore) to their computer.

don't need to? but also because you can't without an adapter

Old USB is the way of the past right? Everything is going to be USB-C in the future... it's definitely a bummer right now but at some point companies are going to have to suck it up and move with the times, apple is just doing it earlier.

so you agree with removing the 3.5mm headphone jack from the iphone? yet somehow it's still on the mbp

I used to only plug my phone in to sync it, now you can just do it over the air... personally, I haven't plugged my phone in in a long time.

I think that it makes sense to remove the 3.5mm if it actually helped them get space for other cool stuff. Again, I wonder what percentage of people use headphones that are different from what apple gives... for the macbook, I could imagine many more people would use third-party headphones and having only lightning or whatever wouldn't make sense.

I think what they should've done was make the iPhone 7's lightning port USB-C, that way the included headphones could work with both the new macbooks and the iphone, and anything else that's usb-c. 

My biggest gripe with apple is the direction they're taking their software... It's getting way more cluttered and doesn't look as good as it used to. Also, I wish they wouldn't have "diversified" their product lines so much, it just looks sloppy and confusing. 

RIP steve

for the macbook, I could imagine many more people would use third-party headphones

again, based on what? the most logical assumption would be that more people are using bt speakers, especially when you look at the sales numbers

i loved os8 so i would say the entirety of osx has been shitty. ios10 still has bugs that have been around since beta...

i liked the 12" rmb though

The reason why I think that is because when you're using your phone you're usually just walking around, for me when I'm walking around I don't need amazing sound, it's just something to keep me from being bored.

When you're chilling at home sometimes you want to JUST listen to some music, which is when you want to bring about the big boys. I love relaxing listening to music in super nice headphones. So it would make more sense to me to leave the 3.5 because every nice headphone manufacturer uses that. Just a thought though

I don't remember being as annoyed with iOS as I am now. One thing in particular is I hate how in texts it has to show the stupid circle with the initials (or a pic) that takes up a shitload of space in your text thread.

just bought the 13 inch with touch bar. I didn't want the touch pad but low end one has far fewer ports, slower RAM, 2.9 ghz (vs 2.0 ghz). 

I've always bought the cheapest mbp but i decided to go with their high end one. it was like 1850 with tax included. lol

My biggest gripe with apple is the direction they're taking their software... It's getting way more cluttered and doesn't look as good as it used to. Also, I wish they wouldn't have "diversified" their product lines so much, it just looks sloppy and confusing. 

RIP steve

Yeah, their current software can be a bit confusing now. I fucking hate it. It was fine the way before, now there's like 2 layers of unnecessary bullshit before I can access my phone.

That being said, I'm still gonna use iPhone since I've build my music library on iTunes and can't be bothered with starting over via android.

That being said, I'm still gonna use iPhone since I've build my music library on iTunes and can't be bothered with starting over via android.

Apple Music is available on Android though. No to mention the numerous other music apps that can interface with iTunes...

Really bugs me that they changed the official font from Helvetica to San Francisco with the arrival of El Capitan.  Makes me never want to use Apple again.  Sounds elitist but its true They gotta stick with the tried and proven aesthetic.  

Other news the Macbook 2015 I have is a good computer.  I dont use it for much except looking at shit online (explicit or not).  I got hella paranoid last year and didnt touch my computer for 9 months didnt plug it in or anything and it still works like a charm.  I really think that going with a metal apple macbook is the best option for getting online.  I dont torent shit no more I got hella paranoid so I just use youtube and fuck around on ebay.

On 12/19/2016 at 0:41 AM, ken shinoda said:

their current software ///I fucking hate it. It was fine the way before

Apple and all the tech companies have taken planned obsolecnce to another level .  They have not released anything interesting in a decade.  I guess growing up as a millenial these things are taken for granted but I get so obscenely bored with the things I am able to do nowadays.  I dont think alternate reality is going to change fast enough for it to be a thrill.

Ya u wanna gimme head " bro or is tim cooks penis rammed too far down ur thort

so...should i cop the new one or buy last year's model? getting extremely conflicting info from this thread

2015 model at a discount, all the way. The keyboard alone is enough to turn me away from the 2016

Edited by jayrock

my macbook pro's battery shitted out. have to go in to get it repaired, however, the appointment dates suck (for me at least) but i'm still under warranty. anyone else have their battery drain out after a couple of months of using it? any recommendations aside from taking it in for repair?