NBA Basketball

hamham3001

hooo fuck.

also: the all-star voting is a perennial joke, but it's only gotten worse.

edit: also, has the NBA relaxed all their footwear/color restrictions even more than before? JR smith has some cool gray XIs on in that clip... (that he just got today, I know via twitter ... what have i become?)

edit x2: this game is only half over and this is already happening:

jr-smith-timelapse.jpg

please let that be sarcasm soap.

edit: oops, my bad.

and btw, think the guy is referring to the actual dribbling, with both hands, as a double dribble. Think Blake just did a Power Dribble, which is often confused as a DD, but can someone give me some clarification?

Haha...it's like lebron traveling and carrying the ball every time he dribbles. Refs get mesmerized by the sheer nastiness.

I can't help it, one of my favorite things about replays is the reviews. In football for instance, where the refs review a play and make an obvious right call that goes against the home team, and everyone boos. I find that so funny...I boo so loud at shit like that just because it's a hilarious concept

please let that be sarcasm soap.

edit: oops, my bad.

and btw, think the guy is referring to the actual dribbling, with both hands, as a double dribble. Think Blake just did a Power Dribble, which is often confused as a DD, but can someone give me some clarification?

Yeah I was being serious, maybe my interpretation of the rule is wrong...is dribbling with two hands a double dribble now? It's a move in all the NBA video games so I assumed it was legit. I just google'd it and all the shit non-official definitions say it is a violtion, but I read the official rules and it seems like I was right. Double dribble only occurs when the player has dribbled, picked up his dribble (i.e. touches with two hands), and then dribbles again.

It would seem counter-intuitive to make dribbling with two hands (on your initial dribble) a double-dribble, the ball is bound to be touching one hand longer than the other when you attempt to do it so I can't see how the refs could make a clear call on it. I think the original poster mixed up the rule...your first dribble can be with two hands but no subsequent dribble can because then you would have tripped the rule (by touching with two hands before it hits the ground).

I am 99% sure this is right...