NBA Basketball

hamham3001

Gasol has looked pretty average so far this series, at least Odom finally did something. Kobe just looks like he is going through the motions out there, Pierce is taking him to school on both ends.

Not having Perk actually hurt the celts more than I thought it would...anyone know if he is back tomorrow night?

well odom is good has tons of potential great athleticism yaddyadda

what he dont got is raw competitiveness

he wont change next year man every year we've been waiting on him

What exactly are you waiting for him to do? With Gasol being a legit second option, (not that he's shown it thus far in the finals) Odom was finally able to play within the system and optimize his Shawn Marion-esque role on the team. I think it's been long established that he'll never be an all-star, because it's not in his nature. I don't doubt his competitiveness. He's shown he has emotion in him. I just think he feels that his role on the team is to gel the team together, not take spotlight away from the other individuals on the team.However, that doesn't keep him from contributing to the team. Without Odom, the team's offense on the break would look a lot different. And I don't believe in a good way. Trading Odom would be a mistake, even if he isn't the all-star he is capable of being.

The only problem I see with Odom next year is Bynum coming back. If they run Bynum-Gasol-Odom as 5-4-3, it might ruin Odom's effectiveness. Two big guys clogging the paint = no space for Odom to operate/rebound/start the break. He'd be playing on the wings. Not Odom's game at all.

I don't want to say I told you so, but...

Did anyone see Turiaf get called for the charge and then none of his teammates helped him up?

That's pretty symbolic of this Lakers team's camaraderie. You wouldn't see that on the Celtics.

From today's Bill Simmons column:

THE DAMIEN AWARD FOR "BEST OMEN"

Phil from Burlington, Mass., explains: "In the second quarter, did you see how Turiaf fell, got called for a charge and none of his teammates helped him up? They all walked away. That would never happen to the Celts, and that is why they are going to win. That is the best example of the difference between the two teams."

(Well, that and this: No Celtic would ever bitch out a teammate on the court like Bryant bitched out Gasol after the big Spainard failed to catch his 130-mph, no-look pass in the first half of Game 5. How can Lakers fans continue to defend such petulant behavior? You got me. But, hey, he must be a good guy because he can do news conferences while holding both of his kids. I have to admit, I'm a little Kobe'd out. Even politicians handle their public image less transparently -- we're almost to the point that Kobe's PR team is going to stage a fake fire in the Hollywood Hills and have Kobe "randomly" drive by the house, then run in to "save" three kids.)

I told you so!

I have never heard so many referee conspiracy theories up until this series. I guess it doesn't help that I live in L.A. and the Lakers are losing the series. I really don't want to see the damn parade in l.a. so Boston better take this tonight.

Doc Rivers better not screw this up for me. Just play House if Rondo's ankle still doesn't look good. OR, play Cassell a little bit, just as long as he doesn't get trigger happy (unless he's making the shots).

[