TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

oh yes, even though i spammed you all on facebook you all need to come to hamilton on thursday for VNDLSM at Sizzle in hess village.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=21783040839#wall_posts

predrinks at my or dolly's place, loud music, good company, Meat Grinder's first public appearance, and an afterparty at some mansion in ancaster.

crash pads available upon request.

Did anyone's bank card getting messed up today? Me and another guy at work both got the "your account security has been compromised" phone call today from different banks. Seems like an odd coincidence since we definitely don't shop at the same spots.

I'm with BMO, my buddy was with TD. Perhaps it was just a miraculous coincidence that it happened on the same day, but it just seems a little to coincidental to me. Neither bank would tell us where the transactions happened - I think it was 1995 Angelina Jolie.

hackers04.jpg

Ive been dealing with BMO on a bank card fraud shit for a month and half now, theyre telling me its been my card used for the transactions that took place. I know 100000% my card has been with me at all times. Funniest part is it happened twice, after the first time ithappened , i got a new card, then it happened again on the new card. Their fraud department said it was not a duplicate card both times. I am now working with the police, and very soon about to file a complaint with the Ombudsman. This is rediculous, im out tons of cash and I need money for school. Worst customer service on BMO's part > no phone calls, rude staff, not able to answer questions..... list goes on. SIIIGHHHHH

Another guy in the office just got his card shut off today too. Dude at the bank said they will just shut down a block of cards used at the same location if their is a chance they could get defrauded. We are thinking the bank machine or one vendors at St. Lawrence Market was running a card collecting scam. It's the only place we all go together.

Legacy - your issue sounds way worse then our, all we had to do is swap for a new card, hope it works out for you

Compromised cards are actually quite common. I work at a bank, and at our branch we get dozens of people coming in everyday to get their cards replaced. It's usually nothing though, I would say 99% of the time the customers were contacted only out of precaution.

If you can, you should use a credit card instead. It is supposedly more secure, but if anything happens it's easier to dispute since a pin number wasn't keyed in.