TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

My birthday falls on this upcoming long weekend, so this has now got me in the mood for the Ab. Seems better suited to getting completely retarded than heading to Slainte's and seeing CWG's dance around to shit music.

Transparent; you could always work at Zara, heh. Seems they'll be needing someone soon.

Transparent; you could always work at Zara, heh. Seems they'll be needing someone soon.

HOoK THAT UP

DIS AZN RIGHT HERE NEEDS CASH OH YEA.

although some may disagree, in terms of crowd baby huey is consistently good, one of the better spots in the city. beacs is alright too. you just arent going to get a beatrice or lit-like crowd in the city. also loft/after paries (specifically ourspace) for a good time.

after i posted this i relaized that 95% of you arent going to get the beatrice/lit thing but clopek, when you are back in NY check those out and you will see what I am talking about.

lit is a spot that everyone needs to hit once in their lifetime

ourspace was fun but i dont really like their whole thing these days. it was cool but the posturing got boring.

baby huey is cool but i feel like it's the next bettys, aka in a couple months every asshole in the city who just got bored of the social will be flooding it. but until then, or until my friends move out from around the corner, im drinking their cheap beer and hanging.

all i do these days is go to shows anyways so i don't really care anymore... if it has cheap beers im there though. word.

we should start a sufu night at some dive and see if it pops.

hueys is alright. its got a good montreal vibe to it. i ride for beaconsfield cause i know hlaf the bar whenever i go, but the drake runoff can be tedious. as far as social goes, youre better off hanging outside and chain smoking than actually going in. you get all the hipster eye candy without the close-talking scensterism that breeds within the walls.

Hard to argue with free.

Heh, about Zara; they got pissed because they've cut my shifts for the past month, so I've been looking elsewhere. Got a new job in the Ham I'm starting tomorrow, so I didn't really give them my two weeks. So they'll be looking for a new assoc/cashier.

Hey guys, my girlfriend is coming down and I was just wondering some cool things to do in Toronto that I wouldn't think of. Things other than the norm (CN Tower etc.)

Thanks!

take her to some cool less popular/overly crowded areas of the city.

like Danforth (greektown), Little Italy, that vintage area market place that i forget the name of

St Lawrence Market in the mornings on the weekends is a good time... get some fresh food/meats and cook with eachother that night. (pemeal bacon on a bun upstairs is one of the best sandwiches i've had)

But it's fucking expensive. Just gay it up on Queen west at the galleries and the like if you need to keep it a bit cheaper and don't mind doing what every other young person in the city is doing. It's the lame and overdone for a reason, I guess. And a walk down Roncesvalles to the water could be cool too.