TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

sean already mentioned cormega at the phoenix at 1125. i think im gonna go see stones throw people spin at wrongbar.

im an idiot for thinking that money mark was playing today, it was yesterday.

but honestly, there was a homeless black guy with one leg playing electric guitar on queen street that was better than the bands i saw yesterday. on some dr. know shit.

Guest ManOfSteel555

i'm going down queen west tonight. wrongbar has some artist for 15 bucks though, sucks. prob hit sweaty betty's patio then jump to somewhere else for the rest of the night.

anybody here know if vice is having a NXNE party this year? last year it was at the drake and i crashed no problem...free beer and food.

there was a homeless black guy with one leg playing electric guitar on queen street that was better than the bands i saw yesterday. on some dr. know shit.

jospeh is bredren. that nigga has styles upon styles.

yo james, happy birthday. i was at your jam earlier for a few minutes and i just got to my friends place pre-mega, so i figured i should thank you for the appletons we drank while im still relatively not too fucked up. maybe ill catch you later i told trainwreck id holla, hahahahah, happy birthday

fuuukkkk yea, just found an awesome pub/patio magigy place in the markham main street area, by the name of Jake something something...awesome patio, hot waitress prices seem decent, great ribs...fuk im hooked and buzzed

Yep place is called Jakes, right at the intersection, pretty decent place

So I had no idea there was anything going on DT expect for the livestock sale. So after I bought shoes I got to be thoroughly unimpressed by Jabbawockeez and some girl band. I really dont understand the hype about the former considering there are much better dancers in Toronto...

Toronto nightlife is mad hellish. If you can stand hipster bullshit you could try the social, or wrongbar, or circa, or any number of shitty hipster clubs. Or you could go to guido clubs. Or you could just get really sad about how shitty all the people are, head to the roof lounge at the Hyatt and imagine that you're Hemingway on the balcony, drunk, spitting on people you dislike in yorkville below.

I never really understood the point of clubs. You pay to get into a party with expensive drinks where you don't know anyone, and most likely don't want to know anyone.

Because if you're of the sort, fucking bitches is an open option.

toronto nightlife is probably the same as anywhere else. any city ive been in for extended periods of time has shown the division in scenes the same way our city does. its just a social function where people self segregate by taste. and then certain spots become corny according to the demographics they represent. the only thing that makes us snobs about it is we have eclectic taste (re: we want equal parts good music, fashionable people, and corny white girls) that shit just aint gonna happen. in fact those elements are pretty exclusive from one another in general. good music will either draw a huge hipster crown and likely make the place intolerable or if its REALLY good music, its probably not gonna get any butts shaking so the corny white girls wont be out in force. as far as fashionable people go, once someone who looks cool stands by the bar, he/she will be swarmed by 50 people trying to look cool too. spots get blown. and so on and so on.

Haha, sounds good. I work roughly 55 hours a week, usually 7 days. I booked this Saturday off, and I just need to get out of Pickering for the night and get drunk with some friends. I have to drive, so chances are I'm just bringing some beer and liquor with me, getting trashed in the parking lot across the street (hopefully not drunk enough to not get let in), then I'll stumble around a bit and see what happens.