TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

Guest n1cx0
Location kind of sucks, too many rules, but lots of girls and higher potential for meeting cool people since it's interschool. Probably better than no res at all.

yea, i'll probably accept. i have like 70 people in front of me for the new college waiting list.

Guest n1cx0

actually, i am a geeky engineer lol. i've been in chestnut but not in new college and chestnut does seem very nice. well, it's not like i'm going to get in new college anyway. thanks for the input!

89 Chestnut > New College res. Trust me. I lived at New College, as I've mentioned here my ex lived at Chestnut. That is unless you are a terribly geeky engineer or something.

I don't agree. A college campus should be conveniently located and be a good place for typical college antics. While Chestnut does have nicer facilities, it is out of the way, and there's way too much security. All the engineering buildings are like, 3 minutes away from New (30 seconds if you're running to class,) and people registered at New can eat at Chestnut (much better cafe.) New may have a lot of engineers, but it also houses a lot of PHE students (See: CGWs) because it's close to the Athletic Centre. You know, if you're into that.

When is the deadline to respond? All things considered, I would wait to see if the New waiting list gets any shorter, they're usually pretty accommodating to engineers.

BTW, Hocus, when did you live at New?

Guest n1cx0

^yea i'm aware of all that. the deadline's actually july 2nd and i have tracked the new college waiting list over the last few weeks. in about a week it only moved by like one person. it's also worth noting i'm entering my second year so i don't think they'd be as accomodating.

^yea i'm aware of all that. the deadline's actually july 2nd and i have tracked the new college waiting list over the last few weeks. in about a week it only moved by like one person. it's also worth noting i'm entering my second year so i don't think they'd be as accomodating.
I got a space in New but I'm going to McGill...

There's probably quite a few people like me who just haven't bothered rejecting their offers yet so if you want to go to New you should probably leave it until the last minute.

edit: Doesn't look like it's even possible to reject the offer, and it doesn't expire until July 8th... Weird.

Seriously though, who cares if there are PHE students there; they keep to themselves and the girls are muscular. New residence doesn't provide typical college antics, it provides a restrictive living environment. Location is key, but after seeing both sides, Chestnut is better for your social life. New Caf = Chestnut caf. Decent yet still horrible when you think about it.

I lived at New '05-06, and would still warn against it. Waste of time and money. I don't talk to anyone I met there.

I don't know if I agree with Chestnut being better for your social life, but I guess we just had different experiences while we were there. Mainly because I was in engineering? In any case, your experience at either Chestnut or New will be what you make of it.

Also, 05/06 is when i was living there too. Small world.

ill be in New York and only have time to go out one night (this weds)

im staying in jersey , just cross the lincoln tunnel. whats a good spot to hit up for some partying/drinks that night, not looking to spend too much time and money bar-hopping, so you guys suggest something

thanks

My favourite movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091251/

It's the most intense, disturbing movie I've ever seen. Makes all other war films look like they trivialize the fact. You guys would like it I think. It actually gave me nightmares, and I'm not prone to that kind of thing and never had been. It's unrelenting and realistic. The kind of thing they should show in schools.

any way to get my hands on a copy? I'd love to see it.

Nuff to give me iodine poisoning

I believe it's pronounce "poid-nin'"